Author Topic: Online VFR Flying  (Read 8654 times)

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
Online VFR Flying
« on: November 16, 2012, 11:33:45 am »
Anyone interested in VFR flying on Ivao.  I am available most afternoons.  I usually fly in Canada or Scotland.

EHM2801 Thomas

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Online VFR Flying
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »
Hi Thomas,

Did some VFR tours last week and - mainly because of nice scenery addons - enjoyed it very much. Getting the hang of communicating with ATC, so flying together would make things a lot more interesting. Did my last flights with the Cessna172 and with aid of French VFR charts. Almost as reality. So, if you like to get together, let me know when. Maybe other pilots are interested too. Perhaps we can make a tour, like EHM's tour cross the Alps?? I've flown that one already, but it's no problem at all to do that again. It's a very challenging one! Or perhaps you've got another suggestion.

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »
Good idea Thomas I like to fly VFR too and I've a little PA28 but ready to fly around Canada, Scottish or wherever you were  ;D

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 06:46:27 pm »
Did some online VFR-flying together with Gian today: very nice but what a difference in virtual real world: landing on Courchevel seems some what different in Fs9 and FSX!

Just look at the attached pictures. Gian has made a landing on LFLJ, from a FSX-point of view. The FSX-Courchevel airport is at so e distance beneath the slope of the mountain.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:49:57 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 08:52:43 pm »
If you guys agree about Washington State,  W12 Lost River Resort--6S9 Stehekin State--S120 Chelan Mun--KEAT Pangborn Mun--KELN Bowers to finish.

I am available Tuesday 20th Nov and Wednesday 21st Nov at 13-30 for a couple of hours.

I thought if we meet it would be the time to introduce ourselves and see where we go from there.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thomas

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:55 am »
I would be interested Thomas.

Dirk
EHM2581

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 02:05:34 pm »
Hi Thomas, looks like a nice trip. Only, if I'm correct, S120 Lake Chelan shouldn't that be S10???

Hope to see yo next tuesday!

Peter

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:07:51 pm »
Thanks Peter for posting. The sceneries are really different in FS9 and FSX! I've seen that there are problems with IVAP and FSX...In a sense it comforts me as I thought I was unable to have it working properly! So a little bit of patience is needed....I will monitor any news on the subject on the forum. ;)
Cheers,
Gian
EHM-1882

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:26 pm »
I'm not sure guys for next tuesday 13:30 zulu, but I'll try to be there @ W12 Mazama [Lost River Resort Airport],  6S9   Stehekin [Stehekin State Airport],  S10 Chelan [Lake Chelan Airport],  KEAT   Wenatchee [Pangborn Memorial Airport],  KELN   Ellensburg [Bowers Field], WA, US; and very nice trip in our hands ;D

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »
Peter,  You are correct Chelan Mun is S10.

Its occured to me the only way we can communicate is texting on Ivao which to say the least is pedestrian.

It is possible on Ivao Teamspeak to set up a whisper channel for personal chat which is perhaps what we shoud do.

Let me have your thoughts and if need be I can let you know how to do it, its easy enough to do.

Thomas

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »
Interesting Thomas, you made me curious: a whisper channel on Teamspeak? How?

Peter

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:31 pm »
Peter,
When all pilots are on Ivao Teamspeak, open Teamspeak click on Settings   then Key Settings then Add then Set you will be prompted to select a key,most people select the right hand Ctrl key on the keyboard. You will see on the left a selection click on Whisper further down you will see a list of current pilots, select which one you want and click Add Player to List click Close thats it. You can now chat with him independent of ATC dont forget you need to use the right hand Ctrl key to speak.  If there are say 4 pilots you will need to do this 4 times but its quick and easy to do.

Hope this makes sense.

Thomas

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
I am not sure IVAO staff will like it, though ... If I see how quick they are to react if you use up two connections, instead of channelling them through IvAi, then I seriously doubt that this action will be appreciated. It all has to do with limited resources, and bandwidth consumption...

I am currently working on setting up an alternative for Teamspeak as I am typing this, but that will take a little more time (I was hoping to keep that a secret until ready, but what the h#). This is one of the reasons why you don't see me "in the air" so much anymore.
Please do not "misuse" Teamspeak's capabilities for another couple of weeks, because that might eventually cause a ban from IVAO for all EHM callsigns alltogether. And I'm sure that's not your intention. I know it's not mine ;) I hope to get things sorted by that time.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:27 am »
I understand your concerns about using the Ivao Whisper channel and after your comments I declined to use it, being a new member its not my intention to cause any admin problems.

Its worth pointing out however the planned afternoon was a disaster.  I had downloaded the new Ivao software which does not work properly causing connection problems, I have been unable to get these problems sorted out and Ivao have been no help at all.  They should make sure these systems work properly before releasing them I really can do without this hassle.

Thomas

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »
Thank you, Thomas, for your patience :)
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I had read about IvAp problems before I dared to venture out on an online flight yesterday, so I declined from updating IvAp for now.
The IvAp problem seems such a general one, that they indeed should have caught it, and subsequently not released it, before solving the issue. I agree with you completely on that one. You have to understand, though, that this is something outside of the scope of EuroHarmony. So I cannot really help you out there ...

Let's just hope that in a few weeks time, all will be sorted out, and that IVAO have a stable, working IvAp, and we have our independent voice server up and running. The server part works, in principle, already.  I now need to get the user administration, and security stuff in order.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »
Hi Thomas,

I noticed that you had some problems last Tuesday.  We have to try to do that what we had planned some other time. As far as the IVAP-problems are concerned, you just have to reinstall the earlier version to make things work properly.

Peter

Offline Thomas

• Starting engines
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »
Peter,
Thanks for your message and understanding, I felt so bad on Tuesday after it all went wrong and it didnt help by not being able to speak to each other.

I certainly would like to try again but before I do I must get Ivao working properly.

I will keep in touch.

Thomas

anything