Author Topic: DC-3 Fuel selector  (Read 5420 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
DC-3 Fuel selector
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:42 pm »
HI, could any member help with this problem, l have downloaded the panel from DC3 airways.com , by Norman Hancock, IE,  DC3 NH-GYRO/ DC3 NH-HSI
My problem is that l cannot select all the tanks via the select knob, it only gets fuel from the 2 main tanks, but not from The 2 AUX tanks, the gauge shows the correct fuel in each tank. if i select the AUX tanks it still draws from a main tank, as a result of this the range of the plane is lower than it should be, have looked around for a solution but to know good. has anyone loaded the panel?, am l missing something , below is a copy of the fuel section of the CFG.. Regards Bruce EHM-2131

[fuel]
LeftMain =  -22.55,  -6.7, -3.0, 202.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain=  -22.55,   6.7, -3.0, 202.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center1  =  -22.55,   0.0, -2.7, 200.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 1                                //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 2                   
electric_pump=1

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:34:45 pm by EHM-2131 Bruce »

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: DC-3 Fuel selector
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:44:15 pm »
Sorry Bruce, I only have the default FS9 and FSX downloads from the site, not this panel. And The excellent Leading Edge X-Plane 9/10 model (which I am going to fly through the event).
Interested in any answer, though. That's why my reply ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:31 am »
HI, could any member help with this problem, l have downloaded the panel from DC3 airways.com , by Norman Hancock, IE,  DC3 NH-GYRO/ DC3 NH-HSI
My problem is that l cannot select all the tanks via the select knob, it only gets fuel from the 2 main tanks, but not from The 2 AUX tanks, the gauge shows the correct fuel in each tank. if i select the AUX tanks it still draws from a main tank, as a result of this the range of the plane is lower than it should be, have looked around for a solution but to know good. has anyone loaded the panel?, am l missing something , below is a copy of the fuel section of the CFG.. Regards Bruce EHM-2131

[fuel]
LeftMain =  -22.55,  -6.7, -3.0, 202.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain=  -22.55,   6.7, -3.0, 202.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
Center1  =  -22.55,   0.0, -2.7, 200.0,  0.0    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 1                                //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 2                   
electric_pump=1

I am sure i have seen (maybe at dc3 airways) panels that have the option of the four tanks included.
I am sorry if this a bit vague ,but maybe worth checking panel downloads at AVSIM/FSCOM etc etc
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:39:43 am »
Found this at Flightsim.com..
I am not sure if this is what you are after, but anyways here it is...

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Propliners
FS2004 Douglas DC-3 Four Fuel Tank Conversion
[ Download | View ]

Name: dc3_4tk.zip
Size: 898,599 Date: 01-07-2004 Downloads: 1,719

FS2004 Douglas DC-3 Four Fuel Tank Conversion Kit. The default FS2004 DC-3 is configured for three fuel tanks, whereas by design the C-47/DC-3 had four from which to draw. Many airlines using the DC3 commercially blanked off, removed or never installed one tank in order to maximise payload; they were usually operating shorter routes than were typical of the C-47 in military service, This conversion kit gives the option of restoring the aircraft to four tank configuration, giving greater range for long duration flights. Offering realistic fuel management, this option can replace your default configuration or, alternatively, add four tank aircraft to your DC-3 collection. Note that this file will only be of use to those pilots who like to set up fuel and payload properly before a flight; pilots using default FS settings of maximum fuel and full payload will find that the aircraft is over maximum takeoff weight in this configuration. By Dave Bitzer and Mark Beaumont.

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »
Hi Andrew, thanks for that have downloaded the file, a bit hard for me to get the different parts into the correct section in the CFG file but finaly got it to show will try a flight this afternoon see how it works, Thanks for the help, Regards Bruce

JUst done a first flight  with the new panel. works ok all selections work as they should gauge show's correct amount in each of the 4 tanks. with new fuel load if you fill up and have a full load you will be over the limit for take off,   on just one flight l did about 734lb/hr so that would give me a run dry time of 6h 33m or 1179nm at 180kts, should get a better flow as l get used to  getting the power setting correct.

If anyone wants to use this set up make sure you back up the file you are working on before you start!!! Bruce EHM-2131
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:58:27 pm by EHM-2131 Bruce »

anything