Author Topic: EuroCargo Missions for Spring 2013 - Accurate Approaches  (Read 5359 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
EuroCargo Missions for Spring 2013 - Accurate Approaches
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:14:34 pm »

Those pilots who relish a challenge should head over to the EuroCargo Special Missions page and assign themselves the new set of 10 hair-raising flights we've created for Spring ;)

The introduction explains everything:- with the rise is Required Navigation Performance (RNP) procedures around the world, EuroHarmony wants to take advantage of the efficiency and cost savings associated with these modern approaches. So we're challenging you, our trusty EuroCargo pilots, to test yoursleves at some of the most difficult airports in Europe. To learn more about RNP, have a look at this leaflet written by the experts at EuroControl...

If you're a seasoned veteran at programming your FMC to guide you flawlessly between razor sharp mountain peaks then you'll have no trouble at all with these Missions... unless the weather is really bad  :D

If you're not too experienced at using automatic navigation systems to lead you to the runway then you might want to spend a few minutes looking through the manual for any payware FMC equipped plane you want to use or read the very helpful articles on the default GPS in the Learning Centre in FS2004 and FSX. All of the featured airports in this series of Missions have GPS approach guidance available in FS2004 and FSX ;) Once you've tried it you'll see it's very simple and effective to use.

You can also find lots of helpful tutorials and videos across the Web just by doing a Google search for "FSX GPS" or similar. One of the better videos for beginners is below:

FSX tutorial: How to use my GPS for NAVIGATION AND APPROACH???!!!

It's time to bring your navigation into the 21st Century Captain! Get your Nav computer powered up, check out your charts and see if you can complete all these Missions in proper IMC conditions without scratching the paintwork ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Re: EuroCargo Missions for Spring 2013 - Accurate Approaches
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »
Hi all, just completed this very interesting mission, and i can recommend it to anyone that likes a challenge, the last two legs were a problem with me, as they were over six hours in duration, ( l dont like speeding up the sim) but luckily it  was the holiday weekend so was able to make arrangements to fly them. had to do the last leg twice as the computer crashed when 40min from destination. the approach to Innsbuck was a good test, made it the 2nd time arround, the hardest for me was getting into ENSB with the 747, had three stabs at this before i got it right, the 747 filled the appron there!!, did most of the take off and landing on line, and was lucky with the weather on all my flight, so if you like a challenge try this mission, Thanks for all the effort that has gone into it, Best Regards Bruce EHM-2131

anything