Author Topic: What have you made you join Euroharmony?  (Read 12624 times)

EHM-1627 Chris

What have you made you join Euroharmony?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 11:56:17 am »
i was told of EuroHamony by Ben!!!

and now i'm hooked...although i don't fly online...(what it's scary!!!)

but when i looked at the site, it was sooo apealing that i never looked back!!!

Thankyou Ben!!!

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 03:48:20 pm »
;D
I feel needed :P

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 08:10:56 pm »
and yes you should!!!

thank you again for showing me this wonderfull place!!

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »
Ahh...

Why i joined EHM:1. i tried for SVA but failed the test.
                            2. continued search for my first VA and found top ten VAs with EHM in it.      3.Checked out EHM website first, found that i did not have to take a test unlike SVA.+no minimum age requirement.
                            4.Nice planes not used by most other VAs
                            5. Joined EHM.Never looked back.

(Later, iwent to check out the other VAs,none as good as EHM!!!)

Euroharmony 4 E V A!!!!
H                       H
M!!!!!!!              M!!!!!!!!

My first, My last, My only Virtual Airline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 02:27:13 pm »
one more thing,

This VA has the Friendliest Pilots and Staff in the World!!!!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:28 pm »
Thank you, mate. :)

It's always good to hear that and to know that our team work is being recognized.

Keep the EHM spirit up!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 04:43:24 pm »
Originally posted by C_Blyth
although i don't fly online...(what it's scary!!!)

Wussy boy!

;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 06:33:06 pm »
My story is way too long, but after spending money to join what I thought would be a good VA, (BVA or British Virtual Airways, not to be confused with BAV) soon realised I was sadly mistaken. I then spent about a month looking for what I considered the best and ended up here :) My reasons:

1) Most Online Pilots fly on IVAO (I'm sorry, but I have very little time for Vatsim but that's another story)
2) Multiple Euro Hubs with an extensive route network (never having to do the same fllight twice is nice!)
3) Great Forums. I have never really been fond of forums till I came here ;)
4) Great fleet of Aircraft with some payware repaints thrown in.
5) Great software (Flight Logger) meaning manual Pireps were not necessary.

That's enough but there were literally hundreds of reasaons, thanks to all the MT and Pilots who make it so enjoyable!

Safe landings!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 04:24:45 pm »
I'm here because nobody else would take me:$

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 04:31:27 pm »
Thats true.

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 05:22:54 pm »
ooooooooooohhh give a handkerchief to Razza........... ;D
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:21 pm »
When I first got FS many years ago, the only way to fly with other people was on a LAN connection or on MS Zone.

I was recruited right out of one of those MS Zone FS rooms ..!!  Have been here ever since!!  

Some time just for fun I browse the net in search for other good VA's, but guess what ..!!  :NONE come close to EHM!!

Cheers !!

EHM-1760 Sven

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 05:06:10 pm »
Hi

I was told of EuroHamony by Kendy one of our best pilots :> .
That happened before ProPilot started and Euroharmony (ProPilot, Flight Logger, the time table and the wonderfull repainted aircraft ) fascinated  me. But I had at this time problems with my internet and my Flightsimulator. So I waited and waited and now I am  member since 05.11.2005 and Euroharmony never disappointed me.

It nice beeing a part  of this wonderfull VA and community Euroharmony
;D

Spitfyre

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 10:45:16 pm »
I stumbled upon EuroHarmony quite some time ago... What attracted me was the big fleet, but the aircraft models were somewhat outdated. They appointed me to be in charge of the fleet, which I did for quite some time.

Unfortunately, during my time I never really got to make a lot of flight hours. I hope to make some now though :)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 08:28:32 pm »
Hey Gizmo!!! Welcome back!
Enjoy flying with us again!

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
My knowledge of EHM was purely casual and I will always praise my good luck of being that day on line.
I have about 6000 hrs flying time (2000 in the real world and the rest with FS ever since I got FS1 in 1984) but only started flying on-line almost a year ago.
My first VA was Zuliana de Aviacion (I am in the staff as Instructor) because it was a regional airline based on my hometown Maracaibo, Venezuela.
Then I joined Viasa International because it was the flag Venezuelan Airline and I flew some of their DC-10 as an observer in the cockpit in many, many flights.
Both airlines are out of business which is sad.
Then, one day, I was flying on-line with Zuliana and heard that one of the pilots asked other whether they knew what ProPilot was.
I replied to them that ProPilot was a flight simulator program that I had but after flying it I decided to rather stick with FS2004.
They said something about a VA in Europe and mention EuroHarmony. That was enough.
Next day I entered EuroHarmony site and here I am.
I like the way EHM has built its policies and I had no hard feelings for starting from scratch.
As I always say, when the paradigm changes, we all must start from zero. I accepted the fact that I had to show EHM that I was good enough to be with the airline.
When I start a flight, you may not believe that it takes me about one hour to put it toghether. The first time I flew with ProPilot it costed me a penalty for having the engines on for more that 20 minutes before moving or something.
I get ALL the STARs, SIDs, ILSs, etc for the airport and get the whether in advance to know which one will apply for that particular day.
I find flying on-line in Europe the closest thing to real life and of course, you have to be proficient in English.
I use an add-on called RealTime so I always fly in real time which means that when I start a flight here in Venezuela, it is already dark in Europe so it imposes an additional burden on the flight preparation.
Since I started flying with EHM I really enjoy the real fligth.
As you may notice by now, I take FS flying very seriously.
It is not a game for me. It is a way to train and improve your skills and when you find a place like EHM it is simple wonderful.
The only drawback is that some times I get a penalty for no reason as happen recently when Fligth Logger punished me for "not having the beacon on before starting the engine" which was not true. But other than that, it is superb.
I also use a tracking program called FS Flight Keeper which also have an ACARS and a penalty package so I can compare what FLogger says versus FS FKeeper. They are almost OK.

One day I would like for EHM to include flights to Venezuela and specially Maracaibo (SVMC), my hometown.

By the way, today is my son´s 27th birthday.
Can you believe that he is older than my boss at the Lisbon Hub?
That´s the beauty of this!

Hope you keep improving and don´t hesitate contacting me if you thing I can help.
EHM1749

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2006, 07:46:18 pm »
Welcome Hector and welcome to our wonderful VA, hope you have as many happy euroharmony flying hours as we all have and hope to meet in the skies sometime. Jim

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 07:19:46 pm »
Hey,

I first read that Virtual airlines existed in the back of my Flight Simulator Manual (lol) and they sounded really cool. So I had a look. I even stumbled on EuroHarmony once in my search, but disregarded it. In the end, after looking through dozens of VA's, I decided on either American Airlines Virtual or EuroHarmony. I eventually chose American Airlines Virtual because, being an American flight simmer, it was only right for me to fly on an American VA. Wrong. The website was laid out horribly, I had to download a software to download aircraft (and that didn't work most of the time!). I quit American Airlines Virtual and didn't fly for a long time. I remembered EuroHarmony and instantly came back to check it out. It was awesome. Without a second thought, I joined. Best thing I've ever done (at least as far as my flight simming is concerned)!!!

I love EuroHarmony because of the nice aircraft, aircraft paintjobs, website layout, fleet divisions, wide variety of flights (literally thousands) and the multi-national feeling group of pilots. Another awesome add on to EuroHarmony are the missions and the tours. They provide goals to work for and are great fun! All the airlines I looked at only had a few flights, and if you completed them all that was it. Boring. EuroHarmony is an awesome airline and I am proud to have been able to watch it grow!

Happy flying, everyone!

EHM-1765 Stephen

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 10:01:45 pm »
I joined my first VA (can't remember the name) about 4 years ago on FS2002.  But, I got bored pretty quickly of the rigid and impersonal structure.  I then moved onto Lynx, who I really liked because of their unique PIREP system - you'd basically write little stories on your PIREPS, and the staff were really helpful and friendly.

But, the European timetable was inadequate - basically, all European flights flew into Brussels, and I wanted chances to travel around more.  So, my progress with them slowed down, and I was introduced to EHM by a friend.

Basically, the reasons for me sticking with EHM were:

[list=1]
  • The routes allowed much greater variation
  • EHM has a fully available fleet, all painted in EHM colours
  • The 4 departments allow a huge variation in flight types
  • Propilot and the ACARS map impressed me!
  • The management, and pilots in general, are very cooperative
  • [/list=1]

The main

anything