Author Topic: What have you made you join Euroharmony?  (Read 12623 times)

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
What have you made you join Euroharmony?
« on: December 08, 2004, 11:35:45 pm »
What have you made you join Euroharmony?? this question is of open for all to answer. But I'm specially interested in those of our members that from "big world" meaning outside europe. What is it that have made you join a european VA. This question is asked only out of pure curiosity.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:28:41 am »
As I said somewhere earlier, I did not know which VA to choose, when decided to be a virtual pilot. Then I heard about Gergely on a Hungarian FS site, and took a look at EuroHarmony. I was impressed very much by those many things the website offered me. Then I was browsing other VAs too to find out what can those offer, but finally I returned back. There was not a real competitor. :>

Another strange thing, is I still have FS4 for DOS. It contains only North America. I loved flying there from metropolis to metropolis. But now, as FS2002 and 2004 show the beauty of European scenery,  I really do not want to go back to the American airspace. :>

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1459 Jonny

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 05:13:03 am »
When I came to the site I knew that it would be nice because of the first page with the 777 and then I found out that I wouldn't need an internet connection on my FS computer in order to fly...

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 05:48:25 pm »
5 years before I done the same thing that I do now : Development and managing (vice-president) for a Virtual Airline named "EuroDirect" (the first four letters are the same ;)).

After Eurodirect I went to TAP Virtual, then TAP crashed too.

On this year I made my mind to get on a VA again, but I wanted an European VA because American VA's are a little rigid on the strucure and somehow the Eurodirect ended due to Gateway Airlines (american VA).

Now, I am proud to see that this VA is not like the others. And I really like to be a little part of this VA.

Regards,

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 06:02:28 pm »
I flew for Cargolux va, and CPA virtual. They were good but had no community. This is the best as it is just the rellaxed virtual climate I love. And the fleet is the best

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 06:09:45 pm »
I join cos', I liked the site, the planes looked very good. I didnt know about the forums then. (and compared to then a newby in many things).

EHM-1518 Andreas

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 01:14:33 pm »
Hello to all,

my first post, but a good thread to start posting :-)

I joined EuroHarmony because of:

- the international community, most other VA's are much more localised,
- the well elaborated tours

(Little notice: I joined first in spring 2003 (as EHM-1156), but my PC crashed in the hot summer of 2003 and it took me a while to find the time to setup a proper flight-sim PC again, so I rejoined in Oct/2004)

Greetings
Andreas

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 03:53:39 pm »
I first joined FlyUK but never felt that i was part of a community or that anyone really cared - also had a very limited timetable. EuroHarmony first came to my attention from Tim's signature on th FS2004 forum so i gave it a look. I find the community atmosphere on here fantastic and love the varied fleet and timetable. Here's to many happy years flying together!!!

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 04:10:55 pm »
Originally posted by drhoyle
I first joined FlyUK but never felt that i was part of a community or that anyone really cared - also had a very limited timetable. EuroHarmony first came to my attention from Tim's signature on th FS2004 forum so i gave it a look. I find the community atmosphere on here fantastic and love the varied fleet and timetable. Here's to many happy years flying together!!!

All thanks to me! :]:]

But honestly, I do tell people about this airline.;)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 04:56:26 pm »
Cool, Tim, what does that sig look like

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 05:10:27 pm »
Oh it just says Proud pilot of Euroharmony in it. THe image is not as good as on here IMO.

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 05:42:08 pm »
Good going Tim, to hear that you and other of our members tell others about the airline. I known that our former EGLL H.C Ian also have sent a couple of members our way.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 06:00:01 pm »
I told my best friend Josh Parkinson about us and he soon got bored of the idea, but I didn't

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 01:28:52 am »
Hmm, looked for good VAs on the net a few days ago, when i decided to pass the online step.
Honestly i was first interrested by the alliance with cathay pacific in it (i like asia and will try to fly in real for an asian airline later but that's another story) but their site was temporarily down. The other good VA was EHM, and now i don't regret, i bet the community in the alliance isn't as good as here ! proud to be EHM ! The fleet looks great, even if I didn't use any of the provided aircraft yet (used to my addons).

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 09:17:55 am »
Hit onto the idea of a VA the first time i played FS.....so i hunted for Virtual Airlines to fly for......found BAV, EuroHarmony and Singapore Airlines Virtual but the conditions for BAV was too strict, ditto for SVA plus the long wait at BAV made me choose EuroHarmony eventually......glad i made that decision! ;) still get the urge to fly EuroHarmony flights with Singapore Airlines' planes though :P
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2004, 11:27:02 am »
I think EuroHarmony have most of the planes in Singapore Airlines fleet, bar the 777-300.

I class the A340-500 and 600 as the same

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 03:27:55 am »
I meant fly the flights with the correct planes but in the Singapore Airlines livery :P

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 05:11:54 pm »
Dear Merlin,

I choose this VA because of its,
1.Offline flights
2.Ranking system
3.Beautiful web site

I hope I will fly online some day... ;)

Kind of regards.

Emre

EHM-GFZX

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 04:53:32 pm »
well this is my first VA, when i was 16.5 and a half i applied to join the RAF as Air crew, i went for a bit of training and realised that i could become pilot with my grades i got in skool, this really caught my attention to flying. I knew my hand to eye cordination is really poor, so i was told that FS is the best way to get through it, i bought FS2002 and trained flow around for ages, Using helicopters everything possible.

I got my mate involved with this and he started to play it all online, i began flying online when i got 2004, and began flying with loads of people. Last year i began to create my own squadron but it was a huge failure. Because at that time i had joined the RAF and went to RAF cranwell for training. So i could get access to a pc very often. I had my own laptop with me so know and again i would continue to fly after i done some real flying. I got past most stages of the training and was picked to go for fighter aircraft. I went to join 56 squadron and i found out that they were moving or had moved to RAF Leuchars which isnt far away from my home town. When i got there a mate of mine let me use his laptop and i can connect to the internet from the officers mess. I continued to play FS online, i then decided to join a VA to see what it was like and i went through all of them on the Vatsim site. Most of them were not fun looking or wanted money. I then came across this site thought it was awesome and joined up. Only problem is that im leaving my squadron and im going to an operational squadron now, because my training is nearly finished meaning that i will lose the computer and the access to the net.

Anyway long story but its what happend

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 11:35:32 am »
A shame that you'll be going away so soon......be sure to enjoy your time here as much as possible!

EHM-GFZX

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 01:21:29 pm »
yeh its been fun here your a kool bunch of guys or gals if any of us r

EHM-1587 Tom

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 06:41:00 pm »
It was originally the website that reeled me in... I was simply browsing VAs with no intention to join them, but EHM caught my eye. I was fresh out of another airline (where I had been removed for inactivity... my fault though, it was an 'out of FS' period for me) and so the differences of EHM interested me. However, when I checked out the fleet, I was hooked. Though large in terms of aircraft varieties, I love propliners. And EHM has quite a few propliners to offer.

So that is what got me. ;D

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 12:57:15 pm »
i joined becouse i like the site and the planes at the people are very kind and helped me lots :-) and also a m8 recomended it cosue its got easy newby planes on....

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 04:34:06 pm »
A friend told me about the airline years ago (I started to get familiar with FS 98).
First i just used our planes and red through the forums.
Till one day, I felt professional enough to join...... :o

And here I am.................. :] :% ;D

Greets

Manu
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 12:08:45 pm »
I was once with BA virtual  but I found that too much pressure was put on you to fly so I quit

anything