Author Topic: can not connect squawkbox  (Read 4715 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

can not connect squawkbox
« on: March 27, 2004, 05:26:36 pm »
I have a weird problem connecting squawkbox to fs2004.
I'm using SBrelay1.2. Then I start FS2004 and connect it to SBrelay. No problems so far. Then I start SB host. Then I start squawkbox. It will find my SB relay session. However when I try to connect to it I get the error " unable to joing game after a while.

I tried everything on different order with the same result. I registered the FSuipc.dll and tried everything in the chocolatesoftware website. Always with the same result. Does anyone have more suggestions how to get this working? I'm lost here...

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 09:46:21 am »
Originally posted by cyriel
I have a weird problem connecting squawkbox to fs2004.
I'm using SBrelay1.2. Then I start FS2004 and connect it to SBrelay. No problems so far. Then I start SB host. Then I start squawkbox. It will find my SB relay session. However when I try to connect to it I get the error " unable to joing game after a while.

I tried everything on different order with the same result. I registered the FSuipc.dll and tried everything in the chocolatesoftware website. Always with the same result. Does anyone have more suggestions how to get this working? I'm lost here...

Cyriel,

Hmm... Interesting.  Are you running any firewall software? (Would be an obvious first guess)

Let's see if we can't get you sorted though. Some background info if you will, please. What version of Windows are you using (including service pack if applicable).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:22:50 am »
Im running windows XP service pack1 ( and all other patches that are available). At this moment I'm not running any firewall software. BeforeI was runnng Nortom personal firewall. I once had the whole thing up and running when I still had FS2002 ( no I use fs2004). In between I reinstalled my whole computer. I also tried to disable my whole internet connection before connecting to SB relay. I disabled the UPnP "SSDP Discovery Service". I have no router connected at this moment. As said before I'm lost.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 09:26:16 am »
Im running windows XP service pack1 ( and all other patches that are available). At this moment I'm not running any firewall software. BeforeI was runnng Nortom personal firewall. I once had the whole thing up and running when I still had FS2002 ( no I use fs2004). In between I reinstalled my whole computer. I also tried to disable my whole internet connection before connecting to SB relay. I disabled the UPnP "SSDP Discovery Service". I have no router connected at this moment. As said before I'm lost.

Ah, you're running UPnP. I had no end of trouble when I tried flying online with UPnP enabled on my home network.

Try disabling it for a wee while, just for testing.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 08:20:58 pm »
I already disabled that service. It did not help. Today I installed directx 9b. It did not help also. Finally I reinstalled squawkbox. I also experimented with the order of starting things. Finaly this worked. Start FS2004. Start SBRelay. Start SB host. Start SB main. Connect SB main to sbrelay. Connect fs2004 to sbrealy. Done:>

Any suggestions for my first online flight?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 08:37:50 pm »
Hmm, Cancel that last post. 5 Min later trying to connect again. Same error. I really don't get this.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 08:40:24 pm »
I already disabled that service. It did not help. Today I installed directx 9b. It did not help also. Finally I reinstalled squawkbox. I also experimented with the order of starting things. Finaly this worked. Start FS2004. Start SBRelay. Start SB host. Start SB main. Connect SB main to sbrelay. Connect fs2004 to sbrealy. Done:>

Any suggestions for my first online flight?

Huzzah! Glad to hear that fixed it for you (will have to remember for my online flying pages...)

I would suggest a short flight (under an hour), in a plane you know well, between two airports you have charts for. If you can combine those goals with a Class 1 flight from or to your home hub, all the better.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 11:09:11 am »
as far as i can remember that should be the correct sequence.......how about trying a few more times?
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training