Author Topic: EuroBusiness\'s sad statistics  (Read 20104 times)

EHM-1438 Nikos

EuroBusiness\'s sad statistics
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 10:37:34 am »
My opinion is that the charter-like and storyline aspect of EHB is a strength of the division. A problem I can see is the number of available destionations which I find is very restrictive. If more real-life events were taken into consideration and number of available flights were increased, I believe more pilots would like to fly for EHB.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 03:45:15 pm »
I'd like to fly more EuroBusiness flights and i'm glad to see the dynamic timetable's been updated as this gives it a 'live' feeling, tying in with current events around the globe...

One of the planes I really wanted to fly is the BBJ2 but (as others have commented) it doesn't work in FS9. What is management's view if I repainted the PMDG main fleet 738 and used it as a BBJ? Adjusting the colours is pretty straight forward in PaintShop Pro and it just needs winglet detail and the Division logo adding... I've already done a first version but didn't want to breach the VA rules in any way...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 04:32:41 pm »
Following on from my post above, I just thought I'd add a couple of pics of the 'first draft' BBJ on the PMDG 738... let me know what you think... (I know it needs tidying up around the tail etc);D

Hope this works...I'm still not too good on adding pics to posts !!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 04:40:17 pm »
Or I could even add ones you can actually see...:$

Sorry everyone - I'm still having problems getting the full size pics to show... This page is telling me BB Code is Off and in a previous thread i saw this problem but not a clear solution so I'm doing this edit to see if a different link to the pics works...

Here goes !!

[img=http://img58.echo.cx/img58/4272/bbjclose0ze.jpg]

[img=http://img58.echo.cx/img58/126/bbjsky9ck.jpg]

[img=http://img58.echo.cx/img58/4899/bbjgrnd9fc.jpg]

If that doesn't work I can only ask those interested to copy and paste the relevant part of the link (ie from http to jpg) directly into your browser as this does work !!

Sorry but I've tried to fix this and can't seem to... Is anyone else suffering this BB Code is Off problem at the moment??
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 07:28:16 pm »
Not my area of management so anything said here is personal opinion, but I love it.

I'm a PMDG nut myself so a repaint in EHB colours would be most appreciated by me.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 07:46:59 pm »
I would love to fly Euro Business but i cannot as i'm only class 2...but hopefully will get enough hours to boost up!!!

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 07:56:17 pm »
Well, pics are still not visible. I would like to see the pics to check the quality. From the thumbnails it looks really good. For a first opinion, I would say yes, but lets wait for Bruno's final agreement. ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 12:28:50 am »
Sorry all - I edited my post above to see if I could get the pics to show but it hasn't worked - not sure if there's a problem with BB Code or if i'm just doing it wrong..?!

Robert - can you link direct to the images by copying and pasting the URL into your browser address window so I can get you opinion on the repaint ? I'd certainly appreciate your view and any advice as I'm still learning the basics of repainting.

Thanks a lot !!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 08:51:19 pm »
Hmm... I can see you use imageshack. Just find the image, and copy and paste the code which says "Hotlink your image on forums and message boards. Use second link if first link fails." directly into your post. I have only the 'Use signature' box on the right checked checked (ie. the 'turn BB Code off' is unchecked).

I'll try for you...

EDIT: I have the answer. You must put the letters IMG in capitals. Lower case doesn't work.

Good luck.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 02:06:33 am »
Iain,

You're a star and I'm very grateful for your help !

Now that my pics are online I hope Bruno might take a peek and see if he likes the look of the new BBJ2...

Any comments or suggestions very welcome!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2180 Mugur

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 11:41:42 am »
even if this is an old thread i am intersted in it because i like the ideea of charter flights. I think this division should be more based on special missions than on regular flights. These special missions could be updated regularly and make them more atrective for the pilots. For example we might have 'Beyonce European Tour' or with destinations and deadlines in order to make the show. Or some football team request Euroharmony Bussines Division to do a flight to Milan, Manchester...before a mach(i've seen euroholiday there are flight for the supporters but not for the squad...).
I feel better after a flight like this, with a purpose than to do just a flight from the timetable.

Mugur

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 07:47:04 pm »
Hi Mugur,

There are indeed special missions for all the Divisions based on realsitic events like you suggest :P

The next set of Missions is due for release very soon by our Missions Manager Jonathan Rasmussen - watch this space ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 07:51:21 pm »
Personally like to be the first to fly flights and set a sort of benchmark there. Considering the popularity of EuroBusiness flights (...) often in this division i can find something of my fancy.

Another thing however is that i find the fleet kind of unattractive: there is only one really classical business aircraft there (the Falcon 50). The others are more like as we say in the Netherlands 'dragged in by their hairs' ('aan de haren erbij gesleept')

A Boeing 777 as business aircraft??? Ok, there are enough people on this world apparently burning their money for fun. However, mostly these individuals already have their OWN Boeing 777, so why charter one??

In my opinion the fleet could be a bit revised here, to make it a REAL business fleet. How about a Cessna Citation X as class 6? Imagine: ceiling FL490, at Mach 0,94!! ;D;D A BeechJet 400? Hell, bring in the (MicroSoft) LearJet as well (or rather, bring it back)! Just to name a few. Boeing BBJ may indeed also not be too bad an option (although i do like the Citation X-idea... ;) )

Or, for the lower regions: Beech King Air 350 (be it MS or payware)? Or the Avanti 180 or some other prop business aircraft. Surely other folks can think of other types as well.

Idea perhaps??

Aloha!
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »
Hi Stef,

Thanks for the suggestions :P

In fact the EuroBusiness fleet is due for renewal fairly shortly with some of the current planes being updated or replaced - there will be more news on this very soon ;)

And you may be aware that in the real world there has been a huge increase in Business Class only flights using aircraft like the 767-300ER and 757-200 (MaxJet, EOS & L'Avion) so we'd like to think that EuroBusiness is leading the way with a 777 in Business only configuration :)

More news soon !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 08:31:49 pm »
Hi Dominic,

Okidokie. I'll hold my horses and wait patiently for the fleet renewals you'll come up with!

With the present day dollar-course it can only become good! ;)

I have heard about the 'business industrie' expanding in the way as you said, yet i do like the idea of having the pick out of some typical business airplanes as well. I mean, compared to normal 'people movers' the small business aircraft still lead the way when it comes to technical novelties and the likes. Compare the average city bus to a formula one car and there you have the difference (more-or-less...) The small ones really give you the sence of EuroBUSINESS.

The idea of the Citation-X doesn't let go though and sure hope it can be considered (or even better: included! ;D )

Take care!
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 08:50:26 pm »
Hi Stef,

thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the C-X does not have a nice model for FS, except a payware one. And we cannot support only payware planes. It is a very nice little plane, and I would love to see her in the Fleet, but we need to wait a bit more.

I think now we have a nice fleet, with interesting aircraft. Some of them are not typical business aircraft, although each has a business variant in real life. Of course, not every businessman choose a 777, they are choosing the lil' Ferraris instead: Learjet ! :P  But what will happen if everybody rides the Learjets only ? Remember the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" ? ;) I can tell you there were times when we had 3 !!! Learjets in the Fleet, and only the 45 was popular enough.

EuroBusiness was always in the focus I think, because peoples expect something different from this division that they cant find in other VAs. Well, we have tried several combinations, like dynamic timetables (as you advised), exotic flights, several combination of planes. As you, everybody have its own favourite, but unfortunately a mass creates statistics :P And in the past, the majority of the pilots did not find interesting the combinations we were trying to apply.

Now we are trying a bit different approach. We would like that EuroBusiness not became a simple charter airline, where you can find the regular planes... EuroHarmony was always famous about the variety, and we would like to present it also in EuroBusiness. So we are reforming the fleet to be more attractive, and a bit mixed: regular and not regular business planes, but ALL, really business planes.

For example, if you cant imagine a normal 777 as a business plane, now you can imagine it in a different way: imagine a so big plane, with luxurious interieur, and seating for up to 60 passengers, conference room, bar, movie room, and beds... combine it with the 777-200LR performance of over 10.000 nm and you get the world most fancy business plane. :P

Fortunately not only 1 or 2 celebs or a richmen requires space and silence while flying... nowadays big companies require business planes, so their workers and businessmen can use every drop of time for work...even when flying. :P Also they give the possibility to relax effectively on a long travel. Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember I red somewhere that Daimler-Chrysler (hire) use a regular businessplane and operates it between America and Europe between its headquarters every day ! Just an example.

The new Business fleet will provide both option for the pilots, and passengers: a "lonely" little private taxi, or a retiring workplace, or simply a higher of service above the regular BizClass for rich groups. ;)

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:35 pm »
Good evening Robert,

As said, I'll just wait and see. None-the-less have all confidence you will come up with something everybody can (and will!) enjoy. No problem.

Didn't know there were no good freeware models for the Citation-X though. Never checked it actually. Just happened to read an article about the payware version lately and it sounded kind of cool. Am in the kind of privileged position that most (if not all) of my (euroharmony) hangar is payware (rarely ever fly freeware, come to think of it), so this would be same then as well. Hey, who knows what might show up on Avsim or Flightsim.com one of these days!? ;)

Am familiar with the range of the 777 (the PSS one): flew it once non-stop from Sydney to Munich... 19 hours straight (and in real time!) Looooooong flight :]

Colleague of mine flew once from Amsterdam to the Underdeveloped States of America in one of those 'business seats only' machines (believe it was a 737 or the likes. Something KLM if i'm not mistaken. Don't know if that service is still in place though). He is still smiling about it when asked...

Na good, will wait and be surprised when time comes.

Goodnight,
Stef

EHM-1534 Hendrik

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 02:49:23 pm »
Hi Forum,

well - I´d love to see an C-X in out Fleet too. Maybe not as replacement, but maybe as a second Class 4/5 aircraft. I personaly prefer "smaller" planes - so the 204 and 777 are a bit too large for fun... The PC ist a Prop, and - sorry - not really a Porsche of the air.

I think we should get newer aircrafts for EHB... KingAir 350 - the workhorse of real life. Citation X - best performance in real world. Microsoft standard Learjet - maybe only because you can fly a Laer since the third (?) Flight Simulator.

Just my 2 (Euro-) Cents...

Hendrik

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »
Well keep your eyes peeled Hendrik.... Announcement coming in the next few weeks, I am sure Robert can arrange another preview for us! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »
Welcome to the forums Hendrik !

I think I understand what you feel about the feel and the plane types. But unfortunately the other approach with dynamic timetable and fast lil' Ferraris was not so popular. The Learjet is a big success, but we cannot build a division on 1 plane only. The EuroBusiness reneval has been "happening" so long, that we need to release the fleet now in current state.

I think it is not a compromise. There will be new types, and interesting types on the pallette, and those will nicely match with the current timetable structure. There are plans to reform the timetables and maybe we will also bring back the dynamic schedule idea for the Business Div. For that, maybe the Fleet will be also changed. But now we will release the fleet with the current structure and ideas.

We will not forget our pilots, because every changes are well considered and we always keep in mind to give you the best possible service. Of course we cannot satisfy every individual needs, but we try to follow the trends and satisfy the majority. If we see from pilot inputs that changes are necessary in some areas, then we will make the changes ;)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 09:26:58 pm »
One other point that I'm sure Robert has in the back of his mind, and I know full well I do (because I'm now running it full time), is that we need to be thinking about migrating the fleet over to FSX. We're "lucky" (if you want to call it that) that FSX hasn't yet become a stable platform for model development (fingers crossed for SP2, I say), since it means we're practically being prevented from dealing with FSX at this time.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 11:20:18 am »
Haven't checked those stats but if they are as sad as you say wouldn't it be sensible to merge the Business division with the Main division (including the fleet)?

I don't know but there may be something of psychology in there, perhaps time for a poll to explore the current trend. I have only flown main division flights, never cargo, never business and sometimes ProPilot (but then again as part of the Main division).

Things on the left get your attention quicker because that is how we read (left to right). I wonder what is the division trend with our fellow members from countries where you read from right to left.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 11:50:25 pm »
Hi Didimo,

We know that EHB isn't gathering too much attention from ours pilots and we are already planning some solutions for it.

Still, on July we got a lot of EHB flights! ... It come and go the flights total ...

So, we will see how it behaves this year, and for the next we will think about something if the numbers start to decrease a lot.

Thanks for you suggestion anyway!

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 03:26:34 pm »
What is wrong with EHB? I thought it looks perfectly fine...