Author Topic: EuroBusiness\'s sad statistics  (Read 20101 times)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
EuroBusiness\'s sad statistics
« on: January 31, 2005, 07:04:57 pm »
Dear pilots,

I would like to let you know, that in January, there was only 3 PIREP reported for EuroBusiness, and in the past monthes there was not too much either. From these 3 there was only 1 kind pilot who flew a flight from the dynamic timetable.

I thought I will ask you -at least those some who visit this forum- why do not you like flying for EuroBusiness? Do not you like the fleet, or the destinations, or the divisions philosophy? ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 07:34:14 pm »
Robert I totally understand your plea for help, it's true that EHM pilots seem to fly the Divisions less and less, myself included. I have not been able to fly any normal timetable flights since I am currently flying the world tour, and I dont "teletransport" (I think that's what we used to call it). Once I get back to Europe I'll get back on course supporting the divisions. As for this thread I recommend that everyone say why they dont fly for EuroBussiness as much, and that way the division can be changed for better, as Robert decides.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:53:31 pm »
I think i did a flight to St Maarten but fogot to report it. Some may have seen the images in the ssl, but four pilots is still a bad figure, i only can fly at weekends and on some weeknights, mon and fri. I can't see why devoted pilots only fly main class routes, the variation is great, mabey i will try and do a bit more for EuroBsuiness.

EHM-1464 Andrew

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 11:42:57 pm »
possibly somthing to do with the timetable improvments that happened a while ago.. very easy to find a flight from any a to b so it gives people better chances to just fly where they want.. instead of the more "storyline"ish approach in eurobuisness..

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 07:34:59 am »
I think I will do I EHB flight this week-end. Not flown for EHM in some time.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 11:43:40 am »
For myself, I'm really not flying (or controlling for that matter) all that much recently. I'm waiting for my new Athlon XP +3200 to be delivered (end of this week, hopefully) before I can get seriously back into flying.

As for EHB, I hadn't thought seriously about it.

I enjoyed doing the EHB tour before The Crash, and I love the EHB fleet, especially the Learjet (my fav. default plane, and adding the RealityXP gauges only makes it better) and I really like the idea of the new timetabling system. Perhaps a minor EHB event to "re-open" the division is in order - are there any major world events coming up (late February/early March) that we could "subvert" to the cause (we have just missed the G8 summit in Davos, frinstance...)

If I get the new processor (and get it installed) before the weekend, I think I shall have a few EHB flights...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 02:48:13 pm »
I'm currently busy flying the tour of Europe. So that is 40 flights I did not fly for any of the divisions. BeforeI started that I used to fly a lot for EuroCargo. SO I like to fly for the divisionsbut I fly an average of 1 flight a week. So it took me a long time to complete the tour of EUrpoe and still 3 flights to go.

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 03:39:16 pm »
since some time I´m flying the divisions missions (EuroHolidays at present)
so some time I will start to fly for EuroBusiness.......
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

MeggarK

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 05:33:15 pm »
I only just registered i still don't understand half of the stuff here :P

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 05:53:58 pm »
Read the PILOTS MANUAL

Its practical the bible!

MeggarK

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 05:54:59 pm »
ya that would be an idea, cheers

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 07:21:53 pm »
Thanks for the answers. It seems there is not a general reason. If I would ask myself I surely said I do not have a general reason either. Maybe I do not like the small business jets, but sometimes I really looking forward for some interesting routes. If possible, I try to select destination airports, that are interesting to visit, because of the scenery, or its history...

I can say, that I like more the "storylineish" approach of this timetable. This have 2 simple reasons:
1. EHB is a charter airline, and it have more income if the company supported complete events, and not only some billionars thinks and wishes. For this, we should not have so large fleet at all.
2. To create a timetable every 2 weeks is much more easier if I can think of a background, a target behind the flights. Even so, the flights are start/return most times to capital cities, but the destinations are usually smaller airfileds, that are not exist in the main timetable. So pilots can reach officially places, and can fly routes that they could not visit normally.

I do not agree, that you cannot select a flight from A > B for EHB. You can browse the static timetable in the usual way, where every flight has a return trip, or the flights are going "in chain" and the plane lands at the HUB at the end of the day. ;)

Or, you can select which class you want to fly, and then select a flight from the dynamic timetable. If you do not want to teleport, then you can do the same flight backward, and you can report it with the same flight number. ;)

And I also can say, that if you have not started the divisions missions, then wait a bit, because those will be renewed by time.

Offline EHM-0502 Desmond

• FL100
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 09:35:40 pm »
I must say that I only fly one of the division flights if it is to where I want to go. This applies to all the divisions beside the main.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 08:08:18 am »
I must say Robert the fleet is a bit dated, i know you were planning to introduce the pilatus PC12 and new 737, bbj, but when are they coming

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 08:24:19 am »
I can only say, both of them are almost ready, but as we plan to refresh the fleet, I do not want to release anything before it will surely stay in the fleet. So we have not decided yet, but the score is at you, Razza.

EHM-GFZX

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 07:00:48 pm »
i want to do buisness but im only a Class 1 pilot lol

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 07:56:44 pm »
Lol, that is another situation :)

EHM-GFZX

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 10:53:27 pm »
lol, yep im trying to do more hours, but i dont like the planes that are in class 1 so it kind of puts me off i really need to try but

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 05:41:19 pm »
Dear Robert,

I am not able to fly for a long time because of my final examination for this semester and for the reason that I am away from my computer. :'(

I like flying for main division. It is not about the divisions it about me. I just like to fly with main division. ;) That's all...

EHM-1551 James

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2005, 07:35:13 pm »
I'm TP captain now, so I'll fly some! Eurocargo is more appealing though.

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 03:36:28 pm »
From before the big crash I remember my attitude to the divisions was that I moved on to them after I had got the promotions I wanted within the company class structure and I had flown the tours I fancied. Hence, if others took a similar line, the divisions would gain popularity as more people became ATP and were running out of GA tours to fly.
I particularly liked the division award system and I think went on to do the EuroCargo one last time as these offered a fairly diverse range of flights and an excuse to jump into the division planes.
Personally I will move back to the division flights (particularly the EuroHoliday ones first I think) as soon as I am heading up for ATP and have completed the GA tours that I am enjoying at present.
The fact that they are less popular isn't necessarily a reason to drop them as one of the selling points of EHM is the diversity of both our fleet and timetables and this is in no small part due to the divisions and tours that are available.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 04:17:15 pm »
Well, as promised I have flown some of the EHB flights now that I have completed part 1 of the IVAO VFR WT (and once part 3 is released, I'll fly part 2...) and I have a couple of comments:

- I love the new timetable (and may not fly EHM flights again for a while...). It makes a bit of sense and it's not as static as the old timetable. Just one suggestion, a little more storyline please - either departure or arrival times would be nice for role-play sakes...

- The fleet; no more than one airframe per class would make some sense, but I really like the current fleet. Lest we forget, the Piaggio Avanti has near jet performance (even if the fleet version is a little cranky), the Learjet (45) is a standard in FS, the BBJ2 is the 737NG airframe (think PMDG folks) with extra tanks (especially the LR version), and the Concorde is a flyers dream...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 06:44:23 pm »
I'm so playing catch up here. I couldn't make sense of your talk of a 'new' timetable Murray and went searching. I love that idea! Dynamic timetables that apply to world events. That really is great. I'm guessing you can just pick any flight and you don't have to complete a particular event in order - is that right? If so, I will be over to EHB soon.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2005, 09:37:55 am »
The new EHB timetable for March is out... guess who wrote it :D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 01:20:54 pm »
Originally posted by YR-TGM
The new EHB timetable for March is out... guess who wrote it :D

Someone who's a big science/physics fan... It's the sort of events list I would happily pull out of New Scientist [or Nude Scientist as the less    scientific among us like to call it], so no idea chose it/them... Where's the YIM 'Hmm...' smiley when you need it... :-?
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON