Author Topic: US Airmail Pioneers Event 2009  (Read 25539 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
US Airmail Pioneers Event 2009
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:43:41 am »
The next ProPilot Event starts on 23rd July as you can see on the Events page here.

To register for this exciting set of flights, please post your name, pilot ID and your choice of aircraft here or send an e-mail to dominic (at) fly-euroharmony.com. The choices are DC-3 and JU-52 to cater for FS2004 and FSX pilots ;)

You can also use this thread to post any questions or issues ahead of the Event...

Good luck pilots !

Leg list PDF: A really quick 'n' dirty leg list I made for the previous Airmail Pioneer event, updated for the new event. Courses and distances listed are GPS direct and as such make no allowance for windage. Murray

Mod: Changed the subject to more accurately cover what the thread is being used for now ;D Murray
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:33:28 am by EHM-0654 Murray »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: Sign up for the US Airmail Pioneers Event 2009 here !
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:58:46 am »
Murray Crane EHM-0654 DC3 (MAAM in FSX...) ;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 05:36:03 pm »
Andrei Vatasescu EHM-2097 with the default FS9 DC-3.

I tested both this one and the Ju52, it was a tough decision (I would prefer FSX for VFR) but I think I am safer this way :)
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:01:55 pm »
Bruce Thomas EHM 2131  DC3 2004, at the moment l cannot get the texture to work, only texture is a blue nose and white stripe down the side ???

C6VC

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:56:46 pm »
EHM-2493 Kevin Bergin in the JU-52 signing on!

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:52:11 am »
Great gents, I'll add you all to the list of registered pilots and aircraft tail numbers will be allocated shortly before the Event ;)

@ Bruce - have you followed the instructions in the DC-3 installer? Assuming you're using the default DC-3 rather than the MAAM-SIM one, you have to take these steps:

"- - - I M P O R T A N T - - -
This package contains only texture. You must have the default aircraft installed in its original folder (...FS2004\aircraft\Douglas_DC3) for proper useage. After the installation you need to add the EuroHarmony texture to the Aircraft.cfg file, so you should add the following lines to it:

[fltsim.4]
title=Douglas DC-3 EHM
sim=Douglas_DC3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=ehm
kb_checklists=Douglas_DC3_check
kb_reference=Douglas_DC3_ref
atc_id=PH-EBD
ui_manufacturer=EuroHarmony
ui_type=Museum
ui_variation=Douglas DC-3
description="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."

If, for any reason you already have a [flightsim.4] section in the file -maybe you installed already some more DC3 textures- then change "4" to the highest one in the file +1. This is necessary to show up the plane in the game."

If this doesn't fix it, let us know and indicate exactly how you installed it, where your FS folder is and any adaptations you already have to your default DC-3 please ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:26:39 am »
@ Bruce - have you followed the instructions in the DC-3 installer? Assuming you're using the default DC-3 rather than the MAAM-SIM one, you have to take these steps:

And if the texture set for the FS2004 default is anything like the MAAM set, you'll need to copy the content of the default texture to the EHM texture folder (but DO NOT over write the existing files).
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 12:31:49 pm »
Hi Dom,

I´d like to join, too.

Manuel Zwikirsch, EHM1507 with JU-52 for FSX.
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 12:53:26 pm »
Man, would I have loved to participate in this event...

But sadly (and luckily at the same time :)), I'll be on holiday soon, untill at least aug 4th. By then you guys will be in Chicago already...

Maybe I'll try to catch up with you guys afterwards.

Good luck, and safe landings!

Eric-Jan
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 01:36:11 pm »
Hi Dominic, thanks for the input have done all that you sugested, My file path is  MS9/aircraft/dc9
in the folder i have the folowing files Model.panel,sound,texture 1..2..3  CFg file Douglas-DC3air file, check file,ref file, the downloaded textuer is in a file named Douglas DC-3, the aircraft appears under the museum tab in choose an aircraft page of MS9 thanks Bruce T :)

Offline EHM-2159 Kris

• Preflight checks
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 09:43:25 pm »
Hello everybody :)

Krzysztof Kajda EHM-2159,
with "Tante Ju" i.e. Ju-52 (FS-2004)

Offline EHM-2470 kivanc

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »

Hi everybody,

I am kivanc, this is my 1st article at the forum, and obviously I am new. 

I would like to ask about the procedure of joining to this kinds of events. Are these event take place online  or could be offline?

The announced schedule must be followed at the exact dates or could be accomplished in an interval?

What are the detailed cases of failures?

I could not reach sceneries -since 'avsim' reports a reconstructrion of library-, in that case are there any way of reaching these files.

By the way I am from Turkey, Çanakkale (Dardanel). I am 33. Working as a physicist at COMU (University). I am happy to be at EuroHarmony.

Thanks

EHM-2470
Kivanc

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:27 pm »
@ Manuel - you're now on the list ;)

@ E-J - sorry about the timing for you, just that time of year I guess! Hope you can fly some legs later anyway

@ Bruce - within the folder for the DC-3 you need to have an extra texture folder called texture.ehm with the downloaded textures in it - I think this will be inside the file you call "Douglas DC-3" in your description - and as long as you have added the lines I mentioned above to the aircraft.cfg file, the plane will show up with our Museum livery on it.

@ Kris - welcome to the party ;)

@ Kivanc - welcome to the Forum and airline :)

The rules for PP Events are that they must be flown online (that is, connected to the Flight Logger which is connected to the Internet, it does not mean you have to fly IVAO or VATSIM) and you must fly each leg of the Event during the days listed. We are hoping the Avsim library will be back online by the start of the Event as they are very busy rebuilding it after a hacker attack. As for any failures that may occur, you should manage them as best you can and report them in the Thread that will run throughout the Event so that we can review any crashes or problems and decide whether any spare aircraft can be allocated - this will ONLY happen if a crash happens that is completely outside of the pilot' ability to recover ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:54 pm »
@ E-J - sorry about the timing for you, just that time of year I guess! Hope you can fly some legs later anyway

Thanks Dom!

Ah well, that's life eh? The days I thought the entire world revolved around just me are long gone ... :) :)
I remember the Croissière Noire Event so well because I enjoyed it so much. So, I was really looking forward to this next event you guys kept hinting about. It's just too bad I don't get to start it off with you guys. Once back from my holidays, I'll drop a line to see if there is a way for me to cut in half-way, or start later and catch up or so. Or get another workaround to fly this tour PP (I only fly PP for EHM)

Well, see y'all around!
E-J
I'm not in it for a badge or so, so that's of no concern. I just like to fly, and even better: as a shared experience :)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 07:32:45 am »
@ Kivanc - welcome to the Forum and airline :)

The rules for PP Events are that they must be flown online (that is, connected to the Flight Logger which is connected to the Internet, it does not mean you have to fly IVAO or VATSIM) and you must fly each leg of the Event during the days listed. We are hoping the Avsim library will be back online by the start of the Event as they are very busy rebuilding it after a hacker attack. As for any failures that may occur, you should manage them as best you can and report them in the Thread that will run throughout the Event so that we can review any crashes or problems and decide whether any spare aircraft can be allocated - this will ONLY happen if a crash happens that is completely outside of the pilot' ability to recover ;)

Or to put it a slightly different way:

If the plane is lost and it's definitely not your fault, you may be given a spare plane. :-\
If the plane is lost and it's your fault, you most definitely won't get a spare plane. :(

So, and given how forgiving both the planes available for this event are, if you take your time and are careful and sensible, you'll complete the event with the plane you were assigned at the start.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:11:16 am by EHM-0654 Murray »
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2470 kivanc

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 08:27:40 am »
Thanks for the answers,

I would like to sign up:

Kivanc, EHM-2470 with JU-52 (FS2004).

Similar to Bruce, I had installation problem with 'Douglas' but the problem is solved by the addition of the text; thanks Dominic.

EHM-2470
Kivanc

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 02:09:20 pm »
Thanks all, texture now working fine, just had a trial flight with the DC3, all Ok apart from Taxi still to work that out Regard Bruce-T

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:01:42 pm »
The big trick with all trail-draggers Bruce is extra-fine throttle control and differential braking. Get it moving with both throttles, then you can high-speed corner by engine power (wide-circles) and low-speed corner with differential brakes (tight-circles). The only other thing to point out (which many forget) is that the center of rotation is under the main wheels (the wings) on a tail dragger, not the nose, like all your modern airliners.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 08:00:27 pm »
Just for any of you who are undecided about which aircraft to choose, if you've had a look at the DC-3 video I posted in this thread then have a look at
this Tribute
to the JU-52 for some balance ;)

Both great planes for this Event anyway :}
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1417 Tamas

• Contact departure
    • www.fsklub.hu
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 10:31:36 pm »
Tamas Biro (EHM-1417).  FS2004 and maam DC3. I hope second Airmail complected. :) Pls writing up pilot list and  sent DC3 starter keys my mailbox. :)
(csucsok@c2.hu)  :D

And! Searching  aerial maps my old CD or DVD backups storage (i hope founded), or recreating aerial maps + send  to homepage.
Tamas Biro
World tour current position: Legs 041 of 150:    SPPY (Chachapoyas, Peru)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 11:56:27 pm »
Hi Tamas :)

You're now on the 'guest list' so I'll get the keys polished and ready ;)

If you can find the maps that would be fantastic too!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 12:45:19 pm »
Only 7 days to go until the Event starts!

Don't forget to sign up here before the 23rd ;) Any questions or issues can be posted here too...

EDIT: Please check out this thread if you have any issues with engine starts in FSX with our Museum planes ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:09:00 pm by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1212 Dorin

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:27 pm »
Hello!

I'd like to sign up for this event with Ju-52, please!

EHM-1212

Dorin Florea

Offline EHM-1417 Tamas

• Contact departure
    • www.fsklub.hu
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 12:18:56 am »
Hi folks!

I founded Sectional charts the old cd. Creating VFR route maps to enroute legs and sending Murray, or Dominic.

Meeting the sky. :)

Cheers Tamas
Tamas Biro
World tour current position: Legs 041 of 150:    SPPY (Chachapoyas, Peru)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 12:19:17 pm »
@ Dorin - you're registered now, have fun ;)

@ Tamas - that's fantastic, thank you very much :)

Can you send them to both of us as I go away on holiday on Monday but then Murray comes back from his summer break so one of us will be able to upload the maps for all pilots to use?

Thanks!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything