Author Topic: Monthly fly-in discussion space  (Read 10219 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Monthly fly-in discussion space
« on: February 13, 2005, 02:26:24 pm »
Dear Pilots,

As promised Euroharmony will have a monthly online fly-in. The first one will be on February 22nd starting at 20.00Z (21.00 CET). More info can be found via the online flying pages.

As mentioned from now on this will be an monthly event. We will fly between two different cities every time. We hope to see lots of Euroharmony pilots one on the 22nd.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 02:57:25 pm »
Nice! I hope it will be on IVAO so I can come too :)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 03:48:49 pm »
Yes to event will be on IVAO. Sorry forgot to mention this..

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 05:47:17 pm »
Brilliant plan Cyriel....cant wait, see you all there!

EHM-1566 Jesper

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 06:03:53 pm »
I'll try to be there, if I learn how to connect to IVAO and not VATSIM ;D
Safe Landings!

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 07:36:33 am »
I shall try to be there also..but that don't depends on me - depends of connection to IVAO - last Dutch event I cannot connect to EHAM because of many planes, my FS freezed 10 times and Ivap client had 88% proccessor time.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 07:21:24 pm »
Hi Moris,

when the too many MP planes slow down your PC very much, type '.nomp' in IvAp as an emergency solution.

Gergely

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 07:52:06 am »
Thank you Gergerly for that information...
But last night I had many deadlocks and I think that I will never play on IVAO since they will distribute new, stable version of IvaP client.It's going on my nerves every evening..after 10-15 minutes I cannot see controllers,nothing...alone in space..Tonight I will install Ultimate traffic again and play..

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 10:42:11 am »
Good idea, but why so late?

Please keep in mind, I'm in Africa and thats +2hours of Z time, if you start at 2000 Z than it's almost bed time here. ;)

Henk - EHM1452

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:54:39 am »
Originally posted by cyriel
Dear Pilots,

As promised Euroharmony will have a monthly online fly-in. The first one will be on February 22nd starting at 20.00Z (21.00 CET). More info can be found via the online flying pages.

As mentioned from now on this will be an monthly event. We will fly between two different cities every time. We hope to see lots of Euroharmony pilots one on the 22nd.

Nice one Cyriel (UK residents will see the humour in that), will try to be on for this (either piloting or controlling) and on the subject of controlling, you might want to send IVAO-GB and IVAO-BE events departments a warning email so they can get some ATC online; as yet, there's nothing on the IVAO-GB forum about this event...

Either way, see you all on the 22nd.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 01:30:17 pm »
I don't think there will be much of a problem for the GB ATC, it will be our online night, so places like Heathrow will be fully staffed ;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 01:39:17 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1365
I don't think there will be much of a problem for the GB ATC, it will be our online night, so places like Heathrow will be fully staffed ;D

Haha! I'd forgotten about you, Ben!

That kinda guarantees IVAO-GB events dept knowledge...

Well, in that case, can we leave it to you to tell BE about it?
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 06:36:27 pm »
Quick question Cyriel....what time do you expect the fly in to end??? Me and the wife are going to our ante-natal class till 8pm UK time so earliest i am likely to get up and flying is about 9pm UK time...will things still be happeneing then?>?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 06:39:04 pm »
Hmm start is around 2000 UK time. The flight itself is less then 1 hour I guess so I'm a little afraid that by 2100 most people will have landed already. Unless you can find a plane that can go Mach 2 over this short distance.;D

Maybe you can download a X31 or something:8

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2005, 08:41:03 pm »
A small update: I may sound weird but have you ever thought about bringing charts for ELLX on a flight to brussels?:o

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 05:53:45 pm »
Hi people,

Sorry for just getting back right now, but i had some problems (still have) with my laptop at home.

As Cyreil said, about this Monthly fly in, this is just the first of a series of month fly-in's that we want to start on our VA.

So, join in! Even if you are afraid of something goes wrong, Cyriel's team (and the rest of us) are always here to help all of you on the air (and on ground too) on that day.

We want to grow our online community, because it is a place to learn more, to be closer to all of us and to have fun! ..

See you guys on the air !!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 09:20:58 am »
Originally posted by bfalcao
Hi people,

Sorry for just getting back right now, but i had some problems (still have) with my laptop at home.

As Cyreil said, about this Monthly fly in, this is just the first of a series of month fly-in's that we want to start on our VA.

So, join in! Even if you are afraid of something goes wrong, Cyriel's team (and the rest of us) are always here to help all of you on the air (and on ground too) on that day.

We want to grow our online community, because it is a place to learn more, to be closer to all of us and to have fun! ..

See you guys on the air !!

Hmm... If only IVAO would let us connect to IVAN with strange callsigns, I'd offer preflight service (a bit like _DEL, just not giving FP clearances...) to check voice and flightplan for our pilots, and just be the last to depart...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 11:59:42 am »
What you could do is just create a channel in teamspeak and communicate here which channel you use. You can log on as an observer to Ivac then to check the flightplans. In my opinion this is however also a responsibillity of the ATC online at the moment.

At least when I'm online I always try to offer training services to people where nessecary. If it is really busy this is a problem ofcours ebut most pilots with experience do notmind a little longer wait for the benifit of others.

But if you are willing to do somethin glike this please be my guest! I propose you create a channel Euroharmony on DE4 server.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 01:12:10 pm »
What you could do is just create a channel in teamspeak and communicate here which channel you use. You can log on as an observer to Ivac then to check the flightplans. In my opinion this is however also a responsibillity of the ATC online at the moment.

At least when I'm online I always try to offer training services to people where nessecary. If it is really busy this is a problem ofcours ebut most pilots with experience do notmind a little longer wait for the benifit of others.

But if you are willing to do somethin glike this please be my guest! I propose you create a channel Euroharmony on DE4 server.

A good idea Cyriel.

In that case I will *provisionally* say I'll have a "EuroHarmony VA" channel open on de3 (had trouble connecting to de4 yesterday...) prior to the start of the fly-in, if I can get home in time; nothing "planned" to stop me getting home before 1900Z.

Any pilots that want a chance to check their voice comms and have their flightplans checked for obvious errors by an IVAO-GB C1 controller, prior to talking to EGLL_GND, are invited to join that channel. I'll be logged into IVAC as EGLL_OBS and if I can manage it I'll be using EGLL_DEL frequencies (only I don't think that'll work... I have a feeling pilots and _OBS can't talk, only msg)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1566 Jesper

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 09:36:09 pm »
I will be there tomorrow, but it will be my first flight!
I have succesfully connected to the IVAO network, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Wish me good luck! ;D

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 12:06:17 pm »
Hmm, we ran into major problems at work here again which will prevent me from participating tonight:[

However the event will ofcourse go on as planned so please have fun. In case you need any help Murray will be there to help you as posted a little bit before. Also other EHM pilots will be happy to help you I'm sure! Do not forget to make many pictures along the way and send them to me!! Any stories you might have about the event are also appreciated!

Murray I hope you will still be there. I send you an u2u with some additional info.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 03:29:32 pm »
In case you need any help Murray will be there to help you as posted a little bit before....

Murray I hope you will still be there. I send you an u2u with some additional info.

It is looking likely that I will be there (thanks for the U2U [where are the evil grinnies when you need them])

I have some stuff to install before the event, and given current traffic on the IVAO-GB forum it looks like I may have to take one of the proper facilities (GND if I can...) but I'll see how it's looking at 1945Z.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 06:12:46 pm »
Hi all,

Hard luck Cyriel, shame you wont be there. I'll be there with wings on.

Murray - if need be I can hang back with you and depart last and provide a bit of control.

See youz all tonight!!;D

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 07:23:35 pm »
Err... this may sound stupid but what are the flight detials? Is it a Manchester?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 07:59:00 pm »
EGLL - EBBR with suggested route

DVR KOK

(and given the short notice, make your ALT ELLX and ensure you have the charts...)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON