Author Topic: IVAO,Software,Hardware, etc...  (Read 2776 times)

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
IVAO,Software,Hardware, etc...
« on: February 15, 2005, 11:08:28 pm »
This post is only for information and help for someone who happens the same.
Last Saturday (February 12) i was flying leg 18 of IVAO World Tour 2005. PADK (ADAK Alaska) to RJCJ(Chitose Japan) more or less 5 hours!!!...I started at 20:40Pm and with 4 hours of flight (00:43Am) my Fs9.1 freeze.!!!!!
No mouse, no keyboard, only sound and my eyes coming out of my head......(LOL)
Impossible to save the flight and the solution ----reset button, shutdown and start again.
Fs9.1,load flightplan and a quick flight at a 16x rate and when i arrived more or less in the same area where i was before the freeze, start IVAP, send flightplan, connect....and here we go, happy again....eheheh....but 5 minutes later....new freeze.....same operation again....reset, reboot and so one....and i was looping in this untill 03:00am....
I give up.....i loss my time and i have to repeat this leg.
No problem....sunday afternoon i flight this leg again, but now is terrible....when i was taking off...freeze...less then 10 minutes connected......Hmmmmmmm......Virus?Graphic driver? Sound Driver?Etc.....But everything was working right from 6 months ago untill now...
I try a different plain and a different airfield.....freeze this time 2 or 3 minutes after connected...
OK.....i formated all my hard disk, and i made a new windows installation and a new Fs9.0......but the problem remains....now 10 minutes after connected.
I disabled antivirus, sound, i come back 6 generations of the gaphic drivers...... But the problem is there....always freeze.
Hmmmm...maybe a new computer is the solution!!!!
I start to put my computer on pieces......checking cpu coller,motherboard...etc...
And inside my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Artic silencer cooler was a lot of trash...like a mouse nest....
I cleaned it and ...voila..... put all the pieces together again....and no more freeze....everything working all right.
There was a very simple problem....heat....much heat...
So...almost all freezes came from heat and hardware misfunction.

The incredible Blah.....Blah......

Luis

My system
Asus5P800 AGP 8X
Pentium4 3200
1GB Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO
HD IBM 120GB

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 07:57:19 am »
Thanks for advice..I had few freezes but in my case I think that is deadlock because Ivap client had 88% proccess resources - for me in that time ctrlaltdel worked.

I have Gigabyte ATI radeon 9700 pro and cooler on graphic cards is clean - btw I have Vulcano 11+ cooler on CPU,3 fans inside tower.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 08:44:15 am »
Woah consider yourself lucky that you didn't fry your hardware with all that heat! :o
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 12:21:54 pm »
hehhe..and 500W power supply:-))

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 03:16:17 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1442
This post is only for information and help for someone who happens the same.<SNIP>

I had similar issues on my machine when my mobo was dying (leak in my water cooling rig that meant dripping coolant onto the North Bridge... luckily the CPU was fine) Had no idea what was causing it until the mobo died and I started to strip everything off it, then I found the "puddle" of orange goop around the NB and under the CPU...

If ever there was a lesson in it (and lets be honest, I've learnt it the hard way); make sure the pipe clamps are *really* tight on your water cooling rig before you use your PC!

;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON