Author Topic: FS9 - Major confusion  (Read 3832 times)

EHM-1199 Philip

FS9 - Major confusion
« on: February 21, 2005, 06:34:50 pm »
OK - many moons ago before the big crash that took out EHM servers I did file a few online flights when I had FS2k2.

Now, deciding to get back to online flying I have checked out my registration details for VATSIM and IVAO and got ... I think ... all the necessary software.

However, all online guides I can find seem geared towards FS2k2 and I am really struggling to get online. I need an idiots guide that is easy to follow. I have tried the EHM guide but it seems to miss certain steps and fail to answer questions. Now, I have SBHost but no DLL file and I have Squawkbox and AVC and IVaP but I'm just so confused. Can anybody in the know give me an idiots guide please to getting online with FS9. I don't much mind whether it's with VATSIM or IVAO so whichever is easiest.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

EHM-1281 Cyriel

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 06:54:28 pm »
Ok a guide for IVAO.
1) download Ivap
2) download the MTL base package
Both are available on http://www.ivao.org/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_downl.asp
3) download the manual on http://www.ivao.org/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_manual.asp
4) download teamspeak from http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php

4) install Ivap by starting the EXe you downloaded in step 1. Just keep pressing next should get you there.
5) install the MTL package.
6) install teamspeak
7) fire up FS
8) park your plane at a gate at airport of choice.
9) In FS a menu will have appeared named Ivao. Open it and click Ivap.
10) you should be good to go. How to connect and file a FP can all be found in the manual you can download. I think it also has installation instructions.

Please let me know if this worked. Ofcourse you do need a Ivao ID and password to connect.

EHM-1199 Philip

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:58:30 pm »
Thanks for this Cyriel. I have this software and tried various different methods last night. The bit I was getting confused on was starting the multiplayer game and clicking either 'host' or 'join' as when I started up IVaP it always showed as offline and I just ended up getting really frustrated and confused. I'll try again later though and see if I can make sense of the system.

EHM-1281 Cyriel

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 07:11:33 pm »
Do you run it in multipc mode? If you run everything on the same pc you do not need to host or join any game. It will do this by itself. If you run multiplayer you have to choose join in the multiplyer menu. Sometimes you have to click a few times before it will find the game.

EHM-1199 Philip

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:42:23 pm »
I didn't realise that - thank's Cyriel. It may be that a little knowledge was a dangerouse thing here then and the solution is easier than I thought.I was trying to host games and then kick things off as I had to do in FS2k2.

I'll give it a try this week and report back.

EHM-1500 Jim

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 07:53:20 pm »
Just to reconfirm Cyriels advice....with IVAP you dont need to set up the multi-player...it does it for you. You still need to connect to the server yourself though...open up IVAP from the Alt menu once you have loaded your plane and you are in the cockpit...then click on the connect button on the IVAP window and hey presto!! The first time you connect however you must fill in the flightplan form first or it wont let you connect....go to the AVCARS button and then file flightplan button...hope that helps. Jim

EHM-1199 Philip

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 11:05:34 pm »
Thanks for the advice - as previously guessed I was making a simple job far more complicated. I think I'll stick with IVAO for a while having had my first successful flight with IVAO tonight.

Cheers to all helpers.

EHM-0001 Gergely

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 08:03:43 am »
with IVAP you dont need to set up the multi-player...it does it for you.

In FS2002 you must connect to the multiplayer session after sarting IvAp. In FS2004, this isn't needed.

Anonymous

FS9 - Major confusion
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 09:01:21 am »
Thanks - and doesn't that make it easy? I had a short class one flight last night on IVAO courtesy of the advice received here. I went for a Spain as there were few controllers there and I wanted to get it right first and all went very smoothly. Later this week I'll venture out of Unicomm territory and start speaking with the controller. Thanks agin folks.