Author Topic: Ivap - your advices,helps please  (Read 2860 times)

EHM-1571 Moris

Ivap - your advices,helps please
« on: February 25, 2005, 12:43:13 pm »
Dear all,

Last flights I flown offline because of Ivap client who cannot connect to multiplayer (MP green lamp). I had every time Microsoft error (something that encounting a problem and must close and you have 2 possibilities to send or dont send). After investigating IVAO forum I found that possible cause is dx9. I started dxdiag and didn't find fs9 in log file of dxdiag. Few days before these events I formatted my C partition and installed new fresh version of WINXP. FS) is on D partition. After that I downloaded one file from FLIGHT1 software page - something about registry for FS) in XP.
And problems started since that times:(((

I made one reply on IVAP forum regarding this on one topic and they deleted my reply and told me to open new topic. But post was long and who will remember exactly all words what I wrote it down:-))

So my fellas I ask you help tips regarding Ivap. I don't wanna to reinstall again FS9 because of many sceneries inside((. FS9 folder is 10gb huge:-)

Can you explain me is your version of IVAP working without disconnections,deadlocks etc.

Don't know what to ask you for helping me,I am little confused but I wanna fly online

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 04:04:06 pm »
The story is not completley clear to me but you could try the following.

1) remove the Ivap insatallation
2) Reinstall Direct x 9c. You can find this at microsoft. You will also find it via windows update if it is not installed yet. You really need it otherwise it will not work
3) reinstall Ivap.

This should get you going again.

What do you mean by "I downloaded one file from FLIGHT1 software page" ? Can you be a little bit more specific if the above steps do not work? Some error messages might also help.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 04:57:28 pm »
Just to second what Cyriel said, I would heartily recommend you download and use DirectX Eradicator before re-installing DirectX. That will ensure DirectX is completely removed before you put it back on. DX has a nasty habit of being the undead otherwise and refusing to go quietly.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 08:38:47 am »
I tried but no help:(((I reinstalled Ivap,DX9 with file what you wrote to me..

Here is SS of errors.. (file is tooo big,I don't know how to have to be smaller)

EHM-1571 Moris

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 06:32:59 pm »
Sorry guys if I bother all of you, but with 0.5.0 same problems with me like 0.4.0. version.
I will post my problem here also with 0.5.0 version of IvAp.

So everything started fine,4 green light,contact ground,approach whatever and after few minutes I saw on ground plane from another player who is also on same airport going forward approx 50 meters and jumpo back and going forward (at the same place- repeatedly) etc. I pressed TCAS and nobody is on airport but few plane is on airport regarding SERVinfo. After that I cannot comunicate with controller,with nobody. I take off,passing 50nm distance and saw on Servinfo that I am still on airport. I press connect and disconnect from ivap,wait few minutes but 4 leds still snad green.I cannot connect again,nothing happens when I click connect - still stand offline.Lone in the air,as always last one month:(
FS9 is lollyable aplication in dxdiag,I deinstall 0.4.0 and install fresh copy of 0.5.0.