Author Topic: NEED HELP  (Read 2489 times)

EHM-1532 Søren

NEED HELP
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:13:17 pm »
What do you do when a controller refuses service due to the fact I am not using voice. This is just happening to me at lirf
Controller told me he cannot respond on text to much traffic and I am cleared to everything. This really is not making my experience very good.
WHAT TO DO?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 02:24:55 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1532
What do you do when a controller refuses service due to the fact I am not using voice. This is just happening to me at lirf
Controller told me he cannot respond on text to much traffic and I am cleared to everything. This really is not making my experience very good.
WHAT TO DO?

If it's on IVAO (although I'd guess the rules on VATSIM are much the same) once you finish your flight make a complaint to the IVAO-IT Director (I'm going to guess it-dir@ivao.org)

The IVAO Rules & Regs make it abundantly clear that controllers are not permitted to refuse service to pilots, no matter what the circumstances. As a controller I know that no-voice traffic can be a right pain when things get busy, but that's not the point.

In the shorter term, if there is a more senior controller online either in the FIR or a nearby FIR (use ServInfo) make a complaint to them right now, and if necessary use them rather than the local controller. If there are no local senior controllers/IVAO-IT staff about, look for a SUP (supervisor) and complain to them.

Secondly, he says he's cleared you (possibly badly, but hey...) so using his frequency, broadcast your intentions prior to carrying them out. At least that way all other pilots on his frequency will know what you are doing, along with this bad controller.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1532 Søren

NEED HELP
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 02:40:04 pm »
Thanks Murray, now I know what to do the next time. I was a bit... shall we say emotional when I wrote the message. I am airborne now though and things are looking fine. And yes this was IVAO.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
NEED HELP
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 02:43:39 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1532
Thanks Murray, now I know what to do the next time. I was a bit... shall we say emotional when I wrote the message. I am airborne now though and things are looking fine. And yes this was IVAO.

In that case, write a formal complaint email to it-dir@ivao.org (and maybe it-tc@ivao.org) naming and shaming the controller involved once you safely finish your flight. It'll make you feel better if nothing else...

To quote the IVAO R&R itself:

"7.1 - The use of voice communication is recommended because of the higher level of realism. There are however a lot of reasons why users do not (or are not able to) use voice communication, so on IVAO the use of voice is not preferred over the use of text. Both type of users should be handled and replied to equally."

Safe landings...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything