Author Topic: Montlhy Fly-in Discussion space EHAM-EDDT  (Read 9546 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Montlhy Fly-in Discussion space EHAM-EDDT
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:24:24 pm »
It is time for the monthly Fly-in again. This time we will fly from Amsterdam to Berlin Tegel. We will start on May 24th at 18.30Z (19.30 London, 20:30 Amsterdam)from Schiphol airport. More info can be found on the online flying page . Hope to see you all on the 24th!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:02:37 pm »
I will be there.

Regards,

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 08:15:05 am »
d**n! Sorry guys, I can't do Tuesday evenings. Don't let this change when you hold the fly-ins though. I'm only 1 person.;)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:08:23 am »
Hi guys,

Count me there, can't wait for it, looks a nice route aswell, see you there!
;)

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:11:40 pm »
I guess this time is no chance for another formation flight with Murray :]:>:]
But anyway I'll be there for this event from Schiphol to Tegel.
Hope you guys have all the Berlin Scenery , because it's (when the weather is good) an amazing view to the Brandenburger Tor and all other Monuments ;D

But here is the link again: http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2002.php
(also for FS2004 available)

See you there ;o)

Bye Kendy!

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:31:40 am »
Looking forward to it guys....see you all there....;D

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 02:23:11 am »
History of art exam about what we learned the whole year the next day, sorry, won't be in -_-

EHM-1638 Nichlas

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 04:11:57 pm »
Looking forward to it aswell... my first EHM online event :)

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 06:59:53 pm »
I hope I will be there too... :) I don't want to miss an online event. Today I learned that I can make online flights with my poor connection. I will try first tomorrow mid-night. Come and check me if you have got any chance. I will be online on IVAO on 23th between 22:30 - ??:?? for London time zone.I want to have a preflight before flying for EHM. I don't know anything about online but I will learn... ;) Count me too in these event, I won't want to miss-I hope I will be there-

See you there guys! :)

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 08:58:46 pm »
Don't worry, I'm sure the others will help you. I will not be there unfortunately.:[

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 02:42:23 pm »
Don't forget tonight is the fly-in. The bad part is that it looks like I can not make it myself. I'm sure however you will still have fun without me parking my plane in the fields next to the runway;D

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 04:34:14 pm »
Hehehehehehe.... Sorry I cant make it, but have fun all.

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 05:55:56 pm »
Originally posted by cyriel
I'm sure however you will still have fun without me parking my plane in the fields next to the runway;D

awwww....well I guess we need a replacement to amuse us...hmmm:8

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 07:25:03 pm »
well i guess that means that's i'm called for...i'm in!!!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 10:58:42 pm »
Unfortunately I couldn't get there ... the work sucked me in.

So, let's wait for some comments about it.

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 04:57:46 am »
This event was really great!

Okay, this time I couldn't  make a EHM formation flight with Murray ;o) But it was not Murray's mistake, because he didn't show up, no it was because of the nice ATC!

We had to switch the frequency maybe 8 times to Berlin. We had about 7 EHM pilots. First take off was made bye Ben , followed by me with a Tupolev 204 and Jimmy, Chris, Jonathan and Nichlos ( By the way, in the past Nichlos was a member of EHM, and I am really happy that he showed up again, ;) thank you again Nichlas, and thanks for you exciting PIREP reports). We had a short flight, because the wind came from behind with ca. 70 kts.

Jim and I had a small competition.  Who would be the second pilot after Ben in EDDT?  Yes Folks ;o)) what can I say... unfortunally I did a STS/STATE Flight and my German was a little bit better tham Jimmy's ;o) so I got the approach first ;o).  Jim, my friend, the next event is coming soon ;o)).

We all landed in EDDT, and opened an EHM channel, except Chris who did a go around...WHY?? yeah folks, he said in his nice oxford english ;o) " the view over Berlin is so nice and I want one ride more .."

Finally, all EHM Pilots landed safty in Berlin Tegel and after the after flight beer we got back to our families.

This event from EHAm to EDDT was a nice decision by Cyriel.  I don't say this only because I am the EHAM Hub Captain and I was born in Berlin.  No, I say it because he picked the right day and the right time.

Okay Folks, Gergely and Bruno didn't show up , but both guys are very busy working on the progress of our airline and we should respect this...
but for all  other pilots... join us next on the next EHM online event and feel the power of the top virtual airline in Europe with you!

Made the Force be with you........

Yours sincerely,

Kendy Mathes,
EHAM Hub Captain &
PR Manager

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 09:18:40 am »
The event as a whole was fantastic...although being in the slowest plane...although i started 3rd from last...i did find that everyone overtook me!!!

And then on start-up i had porblems with the route i entered so Ben told me what to put in...although i had no idea what this all mean...and therefore i got lost!!!

The other problem that i had was that the ATC were seaking very fast, and some of the things that they said i did not pick up...and therefore i missed the runway.

But eventually when i managed to get the bird down, i couldn't find any of the EHM guys on the ground...although this could be down to the fact that i don't think i can see other aircraft, or that everyone had packed up and gone home!!!

But overall a great flight, and i was told the sunset was amazing, but by the time i got above the thick clouds, the moon was up!!!

Thankyou Euro Harmony For a Fantastic Fly-In (And hopefully my first of many!!!)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 09:48:50 am »
I'm glad everyone had a good time without me messing around there (I can remember that one time I got lost on Schiphol airport). Sorry Ben I promiss I'll be there next time to entertain you guys again. :%

If anyone has pictures please send them to my EHM address.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 01:12:51 pm »
Yeah...great flight and good to see a reasonable turn out from us. I must complain about the dirty tricks played by one of our fellow pilots....yes, you Kendy......there we were, FL270 80nm out from Tegel, i was clearly in the lead and first for descent into Berlin, when, to my horror, Kendy breaks into fluent German and sneaks his way down....outrageous!!! LOL. Sorry i had to dash off early....Jim

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 01:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by C_Blyth

But eventually when i managed to get the bird down, i couldn't find any of the EHM guys on the ground...although this could be down to the fact that i don't think i can see other aircraft, or that everyone had packed up and gone home!!!

Oh Chris, you've been on our EHM frequency after landing (Nichlas and me) and I gave you taxi instructions (I got the green light from the Tegel ground guy), because you couldn't understand anyone :o

I guess you didn't realized that you was on a seperate channel on teamspeak from Euroharmony........

Anyway next time try again and maybe setup your sound/ voice system more because we couldn't hear you well either ;)

But it was a really great event, like I wrote yesterday evening.....(look top)

Bye Kendy !

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 01:52:19 pm »
I think that one of the key problems also was that i couldn't see any other traffic that was online

see this thread

http://www.euroharmony.com/~forum/viewthread.php?tid=1343

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 02:10:27 pm »

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 04:18:19 pm »
hehehehehehe, Cyriel, i got lost too, i had ben following me, in the hope that i was going the right direction, then i turned around and followed him, i need a quicker plane next time, to keep up with the leaders

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 04:27:46 pm »
Yeah....you were going so slowly Razza....thanks for taking a wrong turn so I could go in front :P:P

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 05:03:56 pm »
Yeah although no-one can beat my huge lack of speed...sorry Razza, i won on the slow and the stupid stakes...i hit the jackpot!!!

anything