Author Topic: Just Done My First EHM Flight Online  (Read 4727 times)

EHM-1627 Chris

Just Done My First EHM Flight Online
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:01:31 pm »
I have done it!!!

My very first online flight.

although i did have a bit of trouble entering the flight info when filling in the PIREP for the VA.  Now i believe that the flight logger records the GMT time and not UTC time, is this correct...and if not then i have filled in the form wrong...also does TAS mean True AirSpeed?

Anyways the flight went without problems (but nearly had some when plane infront of me nearly didn't clear the runway in time!!!  d**n i was lucky!!)

Does this mean that i get an award now aswell?

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 12:13:05 am »
Congratulations :) You'll soon be an online addict.

TAS is True Air Speed.
I just finished a flight on IVAO, and looks like flight logger takes the LOCAL time. You should report the GMT=UTC=Zulu times actually.

GMT and UTC and Zulu are the same. Just the name differs.

And, yep, you'll have the blue online award :8

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 05:54:55 pm »
Congratulations!!!

I hope I will fly online too one day... :)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 08:09:38 pm »
Emre, why not you join us next fly in ? We all will gladly help you.

Come'on!

Regards,

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 09:34:54 pm »
yeah online was ok...although i was told to watch out and wait for another plane to pass the taxiway i was on, although i couldn't see said plane...is this normal, or is it that i forgot to do something?  BTW i'm using fs 2002, if this helps.

I remeber that on the old version of IVAP i needed to got into multiplayer and then select TCP/IP and then IVAP, although when i tried this i couldn't see anything?  Is this because of the new version of IVAP?  i have looked
in the IVAP manual and it dosn't say anything about the multiplayer thing anymore?

last thing is...when i was flying online i kept getting local traffic things on my ATC...is there a way to switch this off when flying online, or do i just put up with it?

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 01:58:37 am »
First, no it's not normal, you should see the other plane on the taxi way.
Yesterday before my flight I installed IVAP again, and the brand new MTL v2, when I connected IVAO (click conn, and that's it) and a 737 from TAP popped up just on my left, even had to move my plane slightly not to touch its wing with mine.

Second, local traffic things ? If you mean AI traffic, before flying online be sure to put the AI traffic to none. If you didn't mean that, I didn't get your question right, sorry ;D

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 10:27:17 am »
Dear Bruno,

Thanks for your invitation andI am sure all you guys will help me more than I can imagine.I am dying to fly online but unfortunately there is no adsl or kind of connection and as you know the quality and speed of the internet connection is very important. And secondly my computer isn't good enough to fly online. I want to go to a internet cafe or something but nowadays I am preparing my term work for my marketing lecture about a airline whichs name is EUROHARMONY... :) I want to send a copy of the project to the management as far as I finish it. ;)

I hope I will have my adsl about 6 months later - when I return back to home because I will be working at Bodrum in order to help my parents with thier shop- and maybe a new computer so I can freely fly with you on the skies. :)

Take care, fly and land safe... :)

See you all guys!

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 11:12:36 am »
A 56k modem is not a problem when flying online. Also your PC, if it gets good FRs normally, then it will be fine online, IVAP has very little processor load.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 11:14:00 am »
And Chris, I thought that the FS ATC was automatically disabled when flying online? If that is what you mean by local traffic settings.

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 11:23:07 am »
yeah that is what i ment, although maabaa said to turn it off.

maybe the traffic issue is because i was looking in the wrong direction.  i will have to get someone i know to go on at the same time as me and at the same...remote airport to see if i can see them!!!

thanks for you help, and will see you in the skies!!

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 01:19:25 pm »
Really?? I ahve got a 56K Modem and P3 processor

Maybe I can try a online flight when I return back home tomorrrow night.

Thanks for the advise and information Iain.

See you around then... :)

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 01:22:42 pm »
Sorry forgot to sign-in... :)

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 11:18:23 am »
Dear Iain,

I have done my first online flight like thing two or three days ago. My connection was terrible and I was seeing all thing like pictures coming after pictures and not like a movie. I realized that I can not do any flights online until I get a new computer and adsl. I didn't connected to server as an EHM Pilot. Just tried to take off anyway, but after the take off I realized that I can not complete this flight under these conditions. So I closed Ivap. I was so sad that night. I hope I will fly online someday, I believe it... :)

Take care.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 04:01:46 pm »
Sorry about that. I have no first hand experiance using a 56K (lucky me). But I said this on the grounds that Gergely had said to me when I was worried about my limited download broadband that transfer rate was only about 2MB per hour with heavy traffic and full voice (surely a 56K modem can reach 2MB per hour).

Maybe it's your PC then?

Sorry again

Iain

EHM-1506 Emre

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 12:58:17 pm »
Dear Iain,

No problem by my side I wanted to try it anyway. I was knowing that my connection and computer won't support anything for online playing. In addition we are talking a simulation here so that means some addition ram and connection speed needed. The thing is I have a terrbile graphics card that I still not believing that it runs FS 2004 somehow. It is only 8MB ram on it and doesn't support 3DFx. :D So I am not surprised when I couldn't play it online. Just I was a bit angry with ATC on EHAM that night. I am not sure maybe problem was he or me myself.

Anyway,

I tried to fly online with Cessna from my friends computer and it was nice and fun. My final exams will start next week and I will go to work in order to help my parents with thier shop. So it is better to wait 4 months to have adsl bec. I will be away from home. I will try to have a new PC if I will have enough money in this period. ;) So I can fly with you all online. :)

Take care.

Loves.

anything