Author Topic: Monthly Fly-In discussion space  (Read 6954 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Monthly Fly-In discussion space
« on: June 15, 2005, 09:12:32 pm »
After our last fly-In in the North American continent it is time to go back to Europe Again. The place for our Fly-in will be Greece this time. We will do two short hops. One from Santorini to Samos. Next from Samos to Athens. Also note this time we will fly on Vatsim instead of IVAO. So you will need to install SB3. You can find a link via the suggested download page or on the Vatsim website. Installing is just as simple as Ivap so no problems there. I hope many pilots show up to so the world can see Euroharmony pilots can fly on any network!

If you have any problems with installing SB3 or getting an account at Vatsim also write them here. Some things can be arranged if there are problems with an email addresss.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:33:50 pm »
I might give it a try. But I need a email that isn't hotmail or gmail. <_<

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:18 pm »
Hi,

If you have email problems please talk to Cyriel. He has a solution for it.

Regards,

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 09:36:57 am »
Equally, and on the strict understanding that they will be short-term addresses only, I should also be able to supply "real" accounts on one of the mail servers I admin.

Webmail or forwarder (I'd prefer building forwarder accounts, my business partner will be less upset by them :) )
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 10:09:12 am »
And in other VATSIM-related stuff...

There are two pilot clients "licensed" for use on the VATSIM network:

Note: the FSInn, VIP model set and MPP model set links all go to the same website (the FSInn site)... They are all there for download, so I figured why go looking for anywhere else...

SquawkBox 3, and FSInn

Both make use of the same low-poly model sets - namely the VIP model set(s) and the MPP model set(s). If you don't think you'll be flying on VATSIM all that often, I'd suggest you grab the VIP lite set for your FS version. I cannot say for sure, but looking at file sizes and so forth, if I had to guess I'd say the VIP sets have a lower computing "foot print" than the MPP sets.

I've only every installed SB3 (as a test of my GoFlight hardware) and even then I didn't actually use it as such, so I cannot comment (as yet) on which may be preferable. All I know from other virtual pilots is that neither of them is IvAp ;)

EDIT: And here's a link to the Hellenic vACC website - Didn't work for me in Firefox, but worked fine in IE...

FURTHER EDIT: Be afraid, be very afraid... In my browsing round the HvACC site, I found a link to the Hellas Scenery for MSFS Project, the attempt being to replace MSFS9's default scenery/mesh for the entirety of Greek airspace (and for those of you not yet on FS9, they have FS2000/FS2002 alternatives). Few hundred MBs (MOs for those of you that parlais...) of mesh and scenery (they don't appear to have replacement textures/scenery for LGSM Samos yet tho...) Again, looks like you'll need to be using IE to gain the best experience of the website, but some of the screenshots (esp. in the mesh section) look stunning... May have to redo the Greek tour after installing this lot.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 07:40:26 pm »
After installing SB3 and registering (thanks Cyriel), I can tentatively say that I will be at the flyin. I hope I get a clearance this time though...

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 08:34:09 pm »
I'm communicating the route to the organisers. They promised me priority clearance. Let's see if they can do good on that promise.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 08:37:24 pm »
Just an observation guys...

There only seem to be four tie-downs/gates/parking spaces/whatever at Samos (i have just flown the first leg of the flyin offline in B1900 at dawn - amazing flight). If more that four of us come then what do we do? Will we have to repeat a certain famous historic event of parking our planes on the end of the runway though perhaps in a more controlled fashion?:]

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:39:13 pm »
Oh and what is the approved circling procedure for Samos - I know 'not to the north' but I had a steep descent into RWY09 and I was not sure whether to do this over the hill or follow the curve of the hill round at low altitude onto short final?

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 08:57:18 pm »
This might be of help for other people too so...

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 09:44:58 pm »
Or in colour :P :

EDIT: And the NDB approach if you feel so inclined to go down that road...

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 04:36:29 pm »
Installing Squakbox, just need to sign up to VATSIM. Next time were flying on IVAO, I will try and record the audio. ;D

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 06:56:02 pm »
Please note I made a small mistake in the anouncement for the fly-in. It will be on the 25th! not the 24th. Hope I did not cause any problems by this.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 07:49:10 am »
d**n it! Small mistake? ;) Unfortunately I will not be able to be there on the Saturday. There was me gettin' all excited that I could turn up, and now... Oh well another time maybe.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 05:59:45 pm »
What route will we be flying? There are vertually no navaids in Greece! :]

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 06:59:36 pm »
If it was tonight, I would be flying...

Oh well, I'll have to hope I can make the next one and fly now instead.

EHM-1655 Scott

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 06:19:29 am »
Do we have a route to fly as of yet?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 01:46:12 pm »
The route to fly is up to you. As long as it is Santorin - samos- LGAV

EHM-1655 Scott

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 09:31:05 pm »
Nice flight guys sorry I left on the start of the second half internet crashed on Takeoff!!! Not to Happy!! Have to do it again soon.

Cheers,
Scott

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:39:15 pm »
Hi,

Unfortunately i didnt make on time to the fly-in. Just got home now, after a day of hard work :( ...

It is 23:38 here. I must go to rest now. Sorry for not being present.

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 11:49:55 pm »
I enjoyed most of the flight, definately was the highlight of the approach rwy 27,  rather high compared to the runway then suddenly the landing lights come into view -> full throttle, pull-up!!

Was a lot of fun, got rather busy ;). Some of the controllers didn't seem to cope all that well, but still great.

EHM-1655 Scott

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2005, 04:25:53 am »
Yeh was a bit hard to get a word in and it was windy as hell in Samos very interesting landing I know I did!!! Hope no one else saw it!!!

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 09:17:18 am »
If anyone has any pictures please send them to me. CyrielATeuroharmony.com

EHM-1437 Jon

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 04:04:24 pm »
oops posted on wrong topic :)

anything