Author Topic: Online at last  (Read 3145 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Online at last
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:15:10 am »
I Finally plucked up the courage to fly online last night. Flying from Heathrow to Dublin, I just had ATC at EGLL-GND (and that was text unfortunately!) but at least I cut my teeth.

Tonight I flew from Brussels to Heathrow and had ATC at EBBR-TWR and this was voice so I was a happy bunny!

Looking forward to being able to get onliine at a decent time next week and hopefully will get a bit more ATC coverage so I can annoy even more ppl by being a noob! (hehehe J/K) This week I am only able to get on after 23:00Z due to work commitments.

Cheers,

Phil

Cheers,
Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

Online at last
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 09:20:25 am »
You cant have missed me by much - I was doing EGLL_TWR last night with the same guy doing GND as you talk about - straight after that I flew EDDS - EDDF (had ATC all the way) and then went back to EGLL_TWR so you were unlucky not to get more.

If you look in IvAe or Servinfo and choose where you want to fly with that then you can choose a place that has ATC coverage to fly. There are plenty of flights on the timetable, so you can usually find one that has ATC most of the way.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Online at last
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 09:21:50 am »
Originally posted by philnutt
I Finally plucked up the courage to fly online last night. Flying from Heathrow to Dublin, I just had ATC at EGLL-GND (and that was text unfortunately!) but at least I cut my teeth.

Tonight I flew from Brussels to Heathrow and had ATC at EBBR-TWR and this was voice so I was a happy bunny!

Looking forward to being able to get onliine at a decent time next week and hopefully will get a bit more ATC coverage so I can annoy even more ppl by being a noob! (hehehe J/K) This week I am only able to get on after 23:00Z due to work commitments.

Cheers,
Phil

Well done Phil... looking forward to our ISP getting their finger out and provisioning our new house (almost a month now...)

For most of Europe, tonight (Friday) is your best night for ATC and traffic, even post 23:00Z!
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1670 Bill

Online at last
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 09:24:52 am »
Well done Phil. I haven't plucked up the courage yet - got all the gear so maybe shortly.

EHM-1500 Jim

Online at last
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 03:25:26 pm »
Good work Phil...hope to meet up in the skies sometime! Jim

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Online at last
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 11:55:32 pm »
Hi Phil,

Dont' forget to join us in the monthly fly-in.

This month (August) we will not have Fly-in due to VA holidays ;) ...

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Online at last
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 10:29:14 am »
don't forget that if you need any help with flying online yu can always request an online training via the request form in the VFA!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Online at last
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 11:28:38 pm »
Thanks for the support guys,

Went on last night (Friday) and planned my flight got on the gnd at EHAM where I had a center controller, unfortunately EGLL had gone off line before I took off, but again it was late. (About 1am on the blocks at Heathrow)

Next few weeks should have more time as I only do Call Out 1 week in 4. I think I might find it hard to manage the Marriage and the flying though, ah well, we have only been married five years, I wont miss her that much! ::]

Cheers,
Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything