Author Topic: October Monthly Fly-in Discussion space  (Read 9061 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

October Monthly Fly-in Discussion space
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:23:44 am »
This time we do not bring you an ordinary fly-in but an online event. This event will take place around Washington and basically it is up to you what you want to do. ATC will be done by Euroharmony staff. You can decide to do a training of your choice. Just fly around the airport or fly a short route from or to Washington. We leave it all up to your own imagination. An challenging example could be that your are going to practice touch and go's or landings with one engine out! Just put in your comments box what your plan is and ATC wil try and help you as much as possible.

Check out the details Here

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 04:51:55 pm »
Hehehe, Time to get out The Typhoon in EHM livery! (Seeing as it's a US fly in I suppose we could use an F16)

I'll be there, haven't decided what I will be doing yet, but count me in.

Cheers,

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 06:26:37 pm »
What do you guys think about trying out the new Helicopters??? :)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 09:11:16 pm »
ooooohhhh nows theres a thought, maybe I should brush up my rotary skills!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 07:25:42 pm »
I'll probably 70% be there on Friday, I'm really looking forward to it so if anything comes up i'm gonna be angry:@:@:@... anyways I'll be there with a Helicopter, if anybody wants to join me, maybe try some formations.

Cheers!

Alex

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 11:29:29 am »
It sounds very nice....
But I don't have any expirience at all with online flying. I have read the manual, but it's still all abacadabra for me!:s

So, when there is someone who want to help me on an evening to learn me the beginings of online flying.... I would really appriciate this!! (p.s. sorry for my bad English....)
Best Regards, Danny Groeneveld EHM-1744

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:27:58 pm »
Hi Danny,

your are in my hub, so I am glad to help you that you get started with online flying. do you have msn? otherwise you will get tonight an email from me.
first of all what you can do till then is register at IVAO (www.ivao.org), IVAO is a network for online flying and so  much better in all than the competitor network Vatsim!
also you can download the operating software, which is called IVAP 1.1.3 and you have to download min. the MTL base package (I would recommend to download all MTL's)
http://www.ivao.org/softdev/
to install all of the programms is really easy and shouldn't stop you to fly online from a crowded full ATC staffed airport like EHAM ;D
also you have to download teamspeak, which is a programm what allowes you to talk with ATC and other pilots...

http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php

anyway please write me an email back tonight. kendy@fly-euroharmony.com

and the follow event on friday would be the best oppurtunity to learn and how to fly online, because you can expect proffesional support from our training staff !

bets regards,

Kendy !

p.s. sorry my english is also not good this morning ;)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 12:54:44 pm »
wont be there, :{ going to london over the weekend so see the grumpy queen:o

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:59:34 pm »
Origineel gepost door EHM-1555
Hi Danny,

your are in my hub, so I am glad to help you that you get started with online flying. do you have msn? otherwise you will get tonight an email from me.
first of all what you can do till then is register at IVAO (www.ivao.org), IVAO is a network for online flying and so  much better in all than the competitor network Vatsim!
also you can download the operating software, which is called IVAP 1.1.3 and you have to download min. the MTL base package (I would recommend to download all MTL's)
http://www.ivao.org/softdev/
to install all of the programms is really easy and shouldn't stop you to fly online from a crowded full ATC staffed airport like EHAM ;D
also you have to download teamspeak, which is a programm what allowes you to talk with ATC and other pilots...

http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php

anyway please write me an email back tonight. kendy@fly-euroharmony.com

and the follow event on friday would be the best oppurtunity to learn and how to fly online, because you can expect proffesional support from our training staff !

bets regards,

Kendy !

p.s. sorry my english is also not good this morning ;)

Hi,

As you can see I'm allready registered with IVAO. I also have all the required software installed.
You can contact me at MSN on conimus@hotmail.com.

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 01:00:03 pm »
Jonathan you are the hub captain of LPPT, who has nothing to do with the grumpy queen :] so forget it and join your friends and colleagues from Euroharmony on this online event.
r is this a MUST for every englishman to go to see the queen, like the amaricans who are singing the national anthem for every single game....:>

and if you want to see the grumpy queen , then watch her later in the news, so you'll have a better of view !

kendy

EHM-1728 Yiannis

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 11:39:06 pm »
hi,
   i usually fly in vatsim but as i see most events are in ivao so.............
simle i'll install ivao software and with the god will i'll be there;D

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 04:30:36 am »
Hello Yiannis,

welcome at euroharmony and you are doing the right way to try flying  in IVAO network. The positiv things on IVAO are: the user-friendly software, professional ATC usually full staffed in europe and south america and with many pilots around the world. also you will find always a friendly staff member of IVAO who will give you support in any question what you have. So don't wait and join IVAO and enjoy the virtual world of online flying.
And Yiannis, I am not saying it only because I am an IVAO member, no, I can say it because I was once at VATSIM too,....but I am happy that I found the better way of online flying,...a way what is called IVAO ;)

best regards ,

Kendy.

P.S. by the way, if you have any other question about support , just ask it in the IVAO forum, you will get a fast friendly and helpful answer,..instead of some stupid and nonsens comments like other online networks....
If you have more detail question, don't hesitate to contact me on www.kendy@fly-euroharmony.com ;)

Take care and see you in the skies !

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 03:30:47 pm »
For ALL Pilots and Murray -IMPORTANT-,

who else would like to support our training staff tomorrow and give help to Newbie online pilots and for special training operations?

@ll we will have ATC as Washington Center, KIAD_APP, KIAD_TWR, KDCA_TWR and KHEF (supp. from KIAD_APP)

use follow Teamspeak address: IVATUS - us.ts.ivao.org, (204.11.233.66:8767)

all training coordinator and support staff:
create a channel called: 'EHM Training Session',
all pilots who want to make a excercise in the washington area (for example: traffic pattern at KHEF, or t/o at KIAD touch and go at KDCA,..) please join this channel first and report your intention.
the training staff will keep contact with ATC on the same Teamspeak voice server: IVATUS - us.ts.ivao.org
recommend network server: IVANUS (204.11.233.66)

weather forecast: Partly cloudy skies. High 54F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
remember the event will start 1800 ZULU, which is local time at Washington Dulles: 14:00 (2 pm), and 19:00 (7pm) UK, and 20:00 (8 pm) Berlin.

I hope and expect many Euroharmony Pilots for this  online and trainings event in the US airspace, we will expect also some mexican and american schedule flights, but don't worry our well-trained ATC staff will handle this as professional as always ;)

Looking for you in the skies !

best regards,

Kendy

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 07:07:42 pm »
Right, we're all here (Ben, Gergely, Kendy and myself, and Phil Nutt and Yiannis Yoggakis as pilots)

So, where are all you?

:)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 08:44:27 pm »
Nearly 20:00Z and we've only seen 4 EHM pilots (but 7 traffic for the FIR, so not entirely wasted)

I'm loath to call an end to it before 20:00Z (21:00 for me in the UK, and two hours online), so if there are any of you out there looking to learn/practice online flying, best get to KIAD/KDCA quick. We'll be gentle and considerate... :)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 08:55:23 pm »
And a quick reminder to all other UK (Northern Hemisphere in fact, if memory serves) members, clocks go back over this weekend. Extra hour in bed - yay! ;D
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 09:53:41 pm »
Extra hour flying for me! I've got some time to make up after having to reload my machine last night! hehehe.

Thanks for the ATC tonight guys. Sorry I couldn't get on earlier as I had a last minute Friday night job at work!

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 09:55:47 pm »
Our "staff" for the event have called it a night (it's midnight for Gergely!)

So, staff for the event were Gengely - KZDC_CTR, Kendy - KIAD_APP and Ben - KDCA_APP. I was about as EHM coordination, but besically that meant pilots spoke to me before connecting with the relevant APP.

Pilots for the evening were (in no particular order):

EHM1728 - Yiannis Yoggakis
EHM1703 - Phil Nutt
EHM1617 - Iain Buttler
EHM0744 - Alex Blanco
EHM1452 - Henk Wolsink

My thanks to everyone, especially Gergely (who said he was leaving 10 minutes ago but is still controlling!) and Iain (stellar performance, attempting the fourth flight perhaps your only mistake)

Hope to see everyone in November!
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1728 Yiannis

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 10:22:39 pm »
nice try ,but i,m little dissapointed.
only 4 pilots?where are the others?we are 160 active pilots.
but never mind november will be better:%

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 10:29:12 pm »
Just finished controlling (waited for Henk to land...)
Thanks for everyone who flew and controlled!

Gergely (KZDC_CTR tonight)

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 02:28:26 am »
yes we were finally 9 EHM members (5 pilots and 3 controllers, 1 training coordinator)
I am sure we all had a lot of fun. Also we gave  all EHM pilots the chance learn how to fly online' and other flying procedure (also for pilots who wants to do the practical exam at IVAO) so we all today did our work and provided a good service for our pilots. I know it isn't always easy to make an appointment which fits for everyone, but on one point we have to make it and we informed every single pilots right on time.....

Thank you very much Gergely, Ben, Murray for the nice and good teamwork today and Yiannis, Phil, Ian, Alex and Henk for flying and exercising today. Also I want to thank our guests from scandinavian airline and danish airforce.

I wish all of you a good night and a happy weekend :]

yours truly,

Kendy Mathes

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2005, 01:39:35 pm »
LOL.. I had a great time.

Went VFR 1st to KIAD from KDCA, then made several touch and go ciruits in KIAD with runway changes (no fault of yours Kendy... blame the wind).

Landed and came back to KDCA IFR, and I couldn't resist the LDA approach. Unfortunately the other runway was in use but I asked Ben if i could circle and thankfully he was very cooperative. For once in FS you can actually see why there is a prohibited/restricted area (there was P-56 area 1.5nm north of the airport, hence LDA approach) - there is a memorial or a tower or something there, there is a Kai Tak style turn low to the ground, and almost as dramatic.

Then I twice tried to depart to KORF from KDCA - 1st time FS crashed when i tried to load the FP, second time, well I ran out of time cos of all the delays of my FS and I was obviously not gonna finish so I got out before I took off. Sorry bout that... but a great event nonetheless.

But Yannis is right... 160 active pilots and only 5 turn up... something is wrong here...

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 01:51:54 pm »
I'm afraid I'm forced to agree Iain. I suppose if there was more traffic online, more people would fly, it's like the chicken and the egg thing! I know a lot of people have other commitments and RL problems, maybe also some people, especially newbies are a bit apprehensive about flying online as well. I know I was at first, but that soon passed after a couple of flights and surely the best time to learn and make the mistakes is while we have the airspace controlled by our own members. Ahhh well! Maybe next month will have a better turnout.

My advice to all is get a headset and get online! It's great fun when you have plenty of other VA members around to chat to. (lets face it, if you make a mistake, it's not like you are going to wipe out 500 + people!)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2005, 01:56:52 pm »
I wanted to fly online for the first time yesterday, but I had other commitments... Now I don't know if I should try it or wait till the next month...?

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2005, 02:15:00 pm »
Wont be able to make it becuase my PC is dead. :(

anything