Author Topic: Monthly-Fly-in Ivao Crowded skies III  (Read 8554 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Monthly-Fly-in Ivao Crowded skies III
« on: November 19, 2005, 05:56:51 pm »
Crowded skies III is here! ofcourse we are going to participate on November 26th. The route will take us from our training hub of Manchester to Berlin Tegel in Germany. As usual with Crowded skies you can expect massive volumes of traffic so it is probably a good idea to conect a liitle early in order to receive your clearance. Target takeoff time is 20:30Z and we should arrive in Berlin around 21:45Z

Check the Online flying pages for more info.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 08:24:02 pm »
Woohoo! Count me in!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1760 Sven

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:48:57 pm »
Wonderfull that we take EDBB_FIR;D;D;D

I am a controller in EDBB_FIR too but I will controll at EDDC_APP at November 26th.

It would be nice if some of you would fly to EDDC after landing EDDT.;D;D;D

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 04:10:38 am »
roger Sven,

I will make a touch and go at Tegel and then I fly the 20 min to you in my old wonderful and pretty city Dresden ;o))

also bis zum samstag kollege !

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:13:18 pm »
Don't forget to download the new IVAP! otherwise you will not be able to connect. A new version of IVAE is also available. Get it all at www.ivao.aero/softdev

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 06:29:50 pm »
Sorry, looks like I am going to miss it :!

We have had some unexpected visitors arrive and it looks like they are staying all night!

Sorry guys.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0502 Desmond

• FL100
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 06:36:23 pm »
I might have to miss it - I might be controlling in South Africa if they are short.

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 10:28:07 pm »
Well we survived. Too bad that not that many ehm pilots joined but it still was about 6 of them. For personal reasons this was the last fly-in I organized as a member of Euroharmony Management. Everyone thanks for participating in all the fly-ins and see you in the skies next time as a normal EHM pilot.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:38:33 pm »
Sorry to hear that Cyriel... can we send you pics for the site of this fly-in or is your work all done?

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 11:12:28 pm »
Thanks for the company up there it was great fun.
And big thanks to Cyriel:-)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 11:45:59 pm »
Yeah, Thanks Cyriel and the rest of the guys. I was last off and made it just in time.... If anyone got a shot of my long landing, plz post it. ;D
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 01:35:15 am »
Thank you again Cyriel and and all other EHM Pilots who were online :]
I counted in the beginning 7 but then I missed Ben, I guess he got losti in his own airspace :>
Anyway Cyriel was in front and Phil was the last one. I flew with my nice Co Pilot Daria and after crossing 10'000 ft we had the first problem. Complete failure of the electric circuits. We checked very fast and found the mistake it was a relay for the generator. our technician change it and we could resume our flight ... our intention was from EGCC to fly Berlin with touch and go and then further to Dresden with touch and go and with final landing at Munich.
The problem this time I couldn't overtake any guys (like the last event to Berlin) so I was close behind Christian ,..to close, they sent me in a holding. I was cleared for approach No. 5,..now I was No. 7 behind Phil,...I waited a long time in the holding because Phil had more to do with enjoying the scenery instead of landing ;D
Anyway after I touched the Rwy it was nice to see all my colleagues of EHM on the ground and some friens od Lufthansa and GAF too. We headed to Dresden . touch and go and then to Munich. But in Munich the weather was so bad we couldn't see the runway 200ft above ground so I headed to my alternate Nuernberg. We landed saflely and after 4:30 hours after takeoff in Manchester we enjoyed our glass of wine in the pilot lounge much more  ;)

Thanks again to all of you who participated on crowded skies II and for pilots who couldn't make it,....hope to see you next time !

best regards,

Kendy Mathes

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 02:13:23 am »
Hehehe, sorry Kendy, I wasn't concentrating. I had the "Rough Guide to Berlin" in front of me to try and find the best bar to spend the night at! :P
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 09:32:34 am »
Hi all,

Well done to everyone that flew! Unfortunately for me just after takeoff my FS crashed:'( . It had taken 30mins to get that far and didn't want to go through all that again - so didn't return ;). Was a shame to miss it!

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 11:26:02 am »
Very nice flight. I got the shortest block time ;) I am impatient so I chose a 767 up at FL370 while all the others we're mucking down in the low 30s with their MD87's, A320s etc... Still a great flight. I was third to depart, overtook the MD87, landed second and parked right next to Cyriel. Who promptly announced that he would be resigning.

Thanks to Cyriel for all he has done for EHM. This was a very good flyin. The longest flight I have ever done for EHM, but it went well. Expect some pics soon ;)

Only bad things:

IvAe wouldn't work, had to use SI. With its hefty processor load its slowed my FR right down. And to add insult to injury it decided to refresh itself in the landing flare. FRs were about 1 at that point, so I held the stick about half way back and hoped. I think it ended up OK but I can't be sure.

Overall a very good fly-in, even though turnout was slightly disappointing.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 11:47:32 am »
Strange Iain, My IVaE worked all the way, was slow, but it worked..... Think it had some thing to do with the 1300 clients online hehehehe!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1760 Sven

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 05:07:55 pm »
It was very interesting for me to controlle in EDDT when you came and to switch independantly to EDDC_APP when Kendy and his girlfriend toke off nice event thx to everybody who joined:>

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 05:27:51 pm »
Folks, as Cyriel is handing in his management hat, it falls to me to at the very least temporarily take over from him. If any of you have any screen shots from the event that you would like posted on the after-event page, forward them to me - murray@fly-euroharmony.com and I'll make sure they get on there.

Iain, I already have yours, thanks.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 10:21:26 am »
Real sorry i missed you all again but had to go to a friends birthday bash - hope you all had a great flight and thanks Cyriel for all your hard work and just sorry i couldn't have joined you on more occassions, Jim

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 09:30:53 pm »
Quick announcement - the post-event page is up and running now, my thanks to Iain for all the info about the event, and the only piccies so far ;)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 09:53:04 pm »
Sorry I lost all my piccies when my D drive died on sunday.... they weren't that good anyway.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 08:06:25 am »
Murray, you've made my pictures go all square :winge: ;)

EDIT: not quite true, on my PC, the thumbs appear the correct shapes (or pretty close) but the image itself in the thumbs is slightly cropped (further than I cropped them already). When you click them, they come in standard ratio, and look really distorted. Sorry to be a pain.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 08:26:47 am »
Iain,

Wee... Haven't the faintest idea what happened there. I used the same process to make both the full pics and the thumbs (a custom resize script I made in PSP)

All fixed now though, manually re-did the full pics... :)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 08:41:32 am »
Cheers Murray, you've fixed it good and proper. But wasn't it 1343 simulataneous connections ;)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 06:38:06 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1617
Cheers Murray, you've fixed it good and proper. But wasn't it 1343 simulataneous connections ;)

Oh yes it was... to quote IVAO NOTAM KILO
A new online record has been set with during the Crowded Skies III Event on Nov 26, 2005

1343 users online

:P
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON