Author Topic: Ideas for Flight Logger  (Read 4199 times)

EHM-1798 Conrad

Ideas for Flight Logger
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:31:11 pm »
Hi there,

Whilst sitting in a Human Geography Alevel lesson, i suddenly thought about the possibilities of exams and tests for Euro Harmony's Pilots.

There has allways been the ideas of exams, but monitored by someone else. Could this be done in Flight Logger?

Ie, my idea, for select flights built into the Logger would record different movements required and then test how good those movements were,

for example, you were told to do a certain amount of bank to the left while climbing to 2000 ft. Flight logger would then record this and judge how good this actually is?

This could be used with when starting with different aircrafts in the fleet and could make online performances much more realistic and give an even greater repretation to Euroharmony?

My suggestions:

- Built in Practical exams in the flight logger for different planes

- Online tests - VOR, ILS, General Knowledge, ATC, SID, STAR and various thinking tests.

- All results could be displayed in the user/pilots profile

If any of this were to go through i would be very keen on helping as i have  good knowledge in PHP and various other web languages.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:25:22 pm »
I think this is a very good idea, to see if pilots are able to fly planes well, and lower the crash rate.

EHM-1760 Sven

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:10:41 pm »
Sounds not bad and makes Euroharmony a bit more realistic.
Would be interesting.

But I think it will not lower the crash rate.

I think we are not bad pilots and i am sure we know how to fly these aircraft.
But nobody is perfect. Most of the crashes are mishaps.Even MSFS is not perfect. I don't know how often a FS problem made the aircraft crashing:s

EHM-1796 Marcos

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 04:20:31 pm »
I've been thinking about a button or something to start FS from the flightlogger.

Another thing would be placing the aircraft at the selected departure aerodrome.

That's all for now!

EHM-1798 Conrad

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 04:49:43 pm »
cheers guys, ill wait and see if any developers or high staff look over this thread!

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:31:23 am »
As far as i know the placing of the plane feature is already in the flight logger but somehow it was a bit hard to get to work properly (for me at least). not sure if that feature was removed though
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1798 Conrad

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 07:59:55 am »
yes it is allready in there, and still is, i did it by mistake the other day, cant remember how to do it now lol!

EHM-1796 Marcos

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:30:20 pm »
What abaout a tool that would place the aircraft at the departure airdrome at the scheduled departure time?

EHM-1798 Conrad

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:04:18 pm »
Originally posted by EHM1796
What abaout a tool that would place the aircraft at the departure airdrome at the scheduled departure time?

now that would be usefull!

EHM-1150 Armando

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 11:24:30 pm »
Originally posted by EHM1796

... already there... double click the flight in the timetable (or rightclick) and choose the departure gate; the plane will be set at the desired position and time of departure;

my fault because I didn't release the manual yet (too much work)

Bye bye

EHM-1760 Sven

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:05 pm »
Hi

when would it be possible to submite flights directly to IVAO.aero
I realy miss that wonderfull feature?

EHM-1796 Marcos

Ideas for Flight Logger
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 11:04:28 pm »
I guess the ivao link needs to be updated: ivao.org to ivao.aero.

anything