Author Topic: Air France 747 CRASHES in Dutch dunes...  (Read 5621 times)

EHM-0641 Rico

Air France 747 CRASHES in Dutch dunes...
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:36:56 pm »
Saturday afternoon, after a call from an eyewitness, a RED ALERT went out for a 4-engine jetplane that went down along the the shore of 'Wijk aan Zee', in Holland.
The firefighters brigade responded in big. All units were mobilized.
At the arrival of the first units, there was indeed a Air France Boeing 747 lying along the shore in the dunes.

Only... It was a RC model plane!

Also the EMS service mobilized with 6 Units, traumahelicopter, and mobile field hospitals.
The police has confiscated the model airplane ( 14x14 feet !!, 4x4M) and took the owner/pilot to the bureau for interogation.

All emergency/rescue units could return safely to their bases from all around the county.

Original article (Dutch)
http://www.brandweer-beverwijk.nl/Inzet/2006/Maart/4-3%20vliegtuig%20wijk%20aan%20zee.htm
================

Note: Man do I wish that was my plane !!!

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 11:49:37 pm »
Well someone should start wearing glasses:-)
Not able to see the differnce between a real 747-400 and a scale model.
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:11:46 am »
Originally posted by baszw
Well someone should start wearing glasses:-)

hehehe, on the forum where I got this, it was the first comment they posted :P

Not able to see the differnce between a real 747-400 and a scale model.

Don't be mistaken..!! When I have family coming over for holidays, I always go to the lookout spot at our airport. The main STAR here (TNCC) runs along the coastline... and sometimes I spot this plane that looks like a Cesna, and I'm like"no that's not them yet", and 3-4 minutes later the KLM Boeing 747 touches down...

Depending on the distance, it's quite possible that this model plane looked very real to the eyewitness..

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:35:25 am »
Back lit, far enough so you don't hear it, stable trajectory, if you have no reference for the speed and scale (see "forced perspective" process used as special effects a long time ago) and no quick move that shows that it has smaller inertia... even us may be mistaken I think.

You know most people can't even tell the difference between a 747 and an A320... So real and replica 747...

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 09:59:02 am »
When i saw this in the newspaper ( www.nhd.nl ) this morning, my first tought was, why they did'nt call Schiphol first to verryfie if there really is a problem, before sending all the rescue teams out, still funny is'nt it ;D
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 02:39:25 pm »
And probably Schipol would have set the alarm to when a plane on departure or arrival dissapears from the radarscreens.
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 04:21:01 pm »
You're so right, Christian. Nothing but a storm in a glass of water.
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 12:20:57 pm »
Amazing how that thing can actualy realy fly .....  looks pretty expensive to me ..:S  

Custom made or does some place manufacture these things ..??

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:43:20 pm »
There was an article in the newspaper today about this guy and his plane, he made this plane himself out of stiropor (in dutch piepschuim, for the wrong translation) and tape. It's an sailplane, from closeby it doesn't look to good but it's functional.

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:56:24 pm »
ah!  Already wondered!

Would be great though if it was a RC plane... would prolly have like a $5000 price tag or something like that

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 04:18:24 pm »
Haha !
Much more actually. Look at the price of one reactor (jet A1 fed).
http://www.cat-ing.de/turbines/jetcatturbinen/strahlturbinen.htm

I saw one running on a bench when I was young in Paris model fair... Impressive.

Now, what you ca do with it :

http://www.cat-ing.de/turbines/bildergalerie/jetmodelle.htm

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »
They are some fantastic models! I can't believe that A380 model made it in the air!!!! then again, i can't believe the real thing did either!

EDIT*** Wanna see it fly?
http://www.aviationexplorer.com/remote_control_rc_airbus_a380_flight_video.htm

Edit 2**** After browsing that video site a little more, I found this, it's hillarious! Especially for the Dutch guys! (Not so good for the Austrians though!)
http://www.aviationexplorer.com/a319_hard_landing_commercial.htm
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:14:21 pm »
Hehe,

I saw a small document, which showed this years first international air show took place in Dubai some weeks ago. There were some RC models as stars presented there. Of course one was an A380 in Emirates livery.

Do you remember 007 - Golden Eye ? Those MIG-29s in the movie were similar models like this one, with real jet engines.

I heard these jet engines are nothing else than large turbochargers. You need to disassemble a turbocharger and insert a combustion chamber between the 2 rotating wheel, inject fuel to there, and you got a real jet engine ! Voila :) Experts said, the best jet engines can be made of panzer-tank engine turbochargers, because those are reeeeaaaal huge ! ;D

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:48:25 pm »
d**n !! u can buy a car for the money spend on those things man ..!

The Globe master is just awesome

This one looks very real

No wonder the ducth guy though a real 747 went down, if it looked like this !