Author Topic: A busy day at EGLL (60th Anniversary!)  (Read 5698 times)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
A busy day at EGLL (60th Anniversary!)
« on: June 01, 2006, 01:08:57 am »
Wow,

What a ride.
A joint fly-in with FlyUk got us with a total of more than 16 pilots together on the air!

Here are some pictures.Note the TCAS Radar on the last ones!!

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:07:47 am »
Nice shots!  

Dangerous stufff there, TCAS showing so many aircraft, in the air and on the ground, dangerous...

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:38:34 am »
In one word, WOW!!!
yesterday must have been my worst day ever, i can see myself one the screenshots but i coulnd't see any of the other participants, don't know what went wrong. Happy for you guys who made however, congrats!
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

EHM-E4S

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:51 am »
If Conrad is here, I got really confused in what he was talking about. Chat went like this.

I didn't know whether APP was handling departures, or was it unicom, so I asked him.

Me: What do we have to use?
Conrad: there's no ATC online
Me: Do we use unicom (I couldn't understand why he didn't have APP when I did)
Conrad: Read the manual
Me: no, do we us unicom?
Conrad: APP is online
Me: (I thought he said ATC is online) Which frequency?
Conrad: Look at the Ivap!!!

I think that that conversation was more confusing then the flight. Then suddenly:

Phillip: Hi Matt! Hi Ben! How ya doing?

then I typed to conrad when I should have been typing to Phillip!

I just want to make sure Conrad knew what was going on on my side, rather than thinking I was a drunk pilot, and then me doing a flip while taking off made me look more drunk!

I just want to apologise to everyone in that discussion.

It's great when there's lots of traffic. I wish there were more fixes for bugs in online flying, such as aircraft sinking into the ground. At one point, somebody skided and parked right in front of me, and I could see the pilot inside. It's nose actually collided with mine.

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:39:35 pm »
nono, at the point you asked, i thought you were asking about ATC for LFML, at which there wasnt any ATC online, and then approach came online. Also the bit about "Read the manual" is untrue as i wouldnt say that as its the most unuseful comment  i could give. ( said "Yes" at that point)

anyways i crashed out somewhere over france.

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 05:26:31 pm »
a pic from me anyway ;) also over 340 (i think) planes were recorded! And the second pic, rather close.... lol (look at the alts)

EHM-E4S

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:47:27 pm »
Originally posted by Conrad
nono, at the point you asked, i thought you were asking about ATC for LFML, at which there wasnt any ATC online, and then approach came online. Also the bit about "Read the manual" is untrue as i wouldnt say that as its the most unuseful comment  i could give. ( said "Yes" at that point)

anyways i crashed out somewhere over france.

Oh well. It's a thing of the past.

How on Earth can you follow planes with Ivac? It looks so confusing!

EHM-E4S

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 05:49:36 pm »
I just noticed, my plane looks like a dornier. I wonder why that happened. I didn't log on as a dornier.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:15:53 pm »
Going to jump in here with Iain's contributions (thanks Iain...) Explanations come from Iain himself:-

1-Parked at the gate, waiting for my slot time. Lots of pilots already crowding the gates of Marseille. (Ed: That's me all the way over passed the tower, Parking W 5. Certainly didn't have to worry about anyone spawning into me...)

2-Pilots start to push back. I have to wait for my slot time, which is later.

3-Taxiing to runway 32R in heavy winds. The taxiways are crowded.

4-Blasting out from runway 32R. Bruno is next in line, Murray is up ahead. Starting the AVN departure.

5-A rather terrible washed out screenshot of the PMDG 737-800. (Ed: I know what you're trying to do here Iain. Wait until the sun is just a little lower in the sky and it works a whole lot better.)

6-The 'string' of EHM and UKV pilots grows longer...

7-Crowded airspace around Heathrow. There were no less than six London Sectors online, along with a single approach director, two towers, ground, and delivery - and 317(ish) pilots throughout the whole event.

8-The line marches. You can see me (EHM617) behind Murray and ahead of Bruno.

9-After finding the Biggin hold full, I got swapped over to Ockham to the south-west. You can see lots of pilots on the ground at Heathrow.

10-Configuring FS2Crew, on a vector for the ILS 27L. Transferred to Director after leaving the Ockham hold.

11-Established on the ILS and over to tower. Autoland armed. Right about now I had a massive frame rate crash and  it was I good thing the plane landed itself.

12-Some special traffic on the ground at Heathrow. Sorry I don't have a shot of all of us together. The airport was so busy we just squeezed in where there was space.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 09:19:20 pm »
Bruno, what Ivap version is that? Lately I have been seeing strange Ivaps on screenshots, and I have the latest model but it is much duller in texture. Is this changed somehow? Thank you.

The pictures... unbelievable... even if I would have had time to finish my FS would have crashed on final anyways... God I need a new PC. Maybe for FS X... hopefully..;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:47:58 pm »
Alex,

Bruno's IVAP looks much the same as mine (different font/font-size maybe, I can never tell...)

And my apologies to everyone for no screenshot from me... FSScreen failed to capture anything (yet again...) What's that one you're using Bruno/Iain... puts in the location in orange text... I've seen it's name mentioned in a thread somewhere...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 10:07:33 pm »
The screenshots are amazing as always again .. What a beautiful view, all those planes 2gether on the gates in france...

Great job guys!

After 11 Hours on A_TWR, seeing shots like this makes it all worth it !!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 10:12:00 pm »
So Rico, your C1 practical can't be that far away given all the practice you had at Heathrow... remember to let us know when (and Conrad, that goes for you to...)

We look after our own at EuroHarmony ;D
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:33 pm »
Originally posted by Alex
Bruno, what Ivap version is that? Lately I have been seeing strange Ivaps on screenshots, and I have the latest model but it is much duller in texture. Is this changed somehow? Thank you.

Hi Alex

If you goto Programs > IVAO > IvAp > Configuration, under the General tab you should see a dropdown list to choose a 'Skin'. I believe Bruno is on the pro737...

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 08:27:23 am »
Murray it's called Snapper - better than FSScreen as it can save as jpegs. The site seems to be down at the moment - http://www.ovosoft.nl/snapper/

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 09:38:28 am »
WOW busy day for ATC....:>

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 10:59:45 am »
Shame I couldn't make it!