Author Topic: Terror Alert  (Read 5612 times)

EHM-1798 Conrad

Terror Alert
« on: August 10, 2006, 12:54:28 pm »
London Gatwick completely shut, heathrow only accepting Long Haul inbound, your hardly allowed to take anything on board the aircraft now, dear god...

Link here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Terror Alert
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 01:03:09 pm »
Here's an intriguing thought for everyone (taken wholesale from another website, I hasten to add):

If the so-called "terrorist plot" was so-called "disrupted", why all the so-called "additional security measures" after the fact???

(Conspiracy theorists, away you go...)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1152 Thomas

Terror Alert
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:13:59 pm »
Well Murray I guess that's one way to look at it however I would say that that is a good precaution to take because even if the plot was disrupted there may still be parts of it which the police/MI5 did not know of.  Personally I'm giving anyone involved in stopping this a pat on the back! lol

EHM-1612 Paolo

Terror Alert
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »
I think the additional precautions are better than nothing.......sometime I think that we live in a world of s***t  because of these facts.....:[
Paolo Mazzoleni EHM-1612

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Terror Alert
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 01:59:58 pm »
I agree with Thomas and Paolo, it a good precaution. And once again it seem like hard work and a bit of luck has disrupted a plot. However it not a complet victory for the good guys. The bad guys did get something out of it. They have more or less disrupted all traffic to and from London.
It's a sad world we live in.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Terror Alert
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
I think the precautions are a great thing and like Tom I take my hat off for the services for doing a good job, have a think, would you rather have a delayed flight or die aboard a plane crash...

EHM-1821 Javier

Terror Alert
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 02:19:04 pm »
Why is there such a thing called "terrorism" in this world...

EHM-1633 José

Terror Alert
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 02:57:08 pm »
I can´t understand what can be inside the brain of a guy to suicide that way, killing inocent travellers. Sincerely I´m very glad the MI5 did a very fine work ;D , but the fact is that since Sept 11th 2001, it´s difficult to trust that there´s no gonna be any incident inside an aircraft.
Really, terrorist are completely crazy!:@

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Terror Alert
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 03:39:21 pm »
Originally posted by 1821
Why is there such a thing called "terrorism" in this world...
Javier it a good question, but I don't think anyone can give you a simple answer. I'm sure if you where to ask a 100 people from different parts of the world that question. You would end up with close to a 100 different answers.
My answer would be that, it's human nature. There has always been terrorism, and I think there will be terrorism, in some kind of shape or form.

edit:just to make sure that some don't misunderstand this. When I'm talking about shape or form it has nothing to do with politics or religion.

EHM-1821 Javier

Terror Alert
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 05:55:54 am »
I personally think that terrorists are all nuts. why take the lives of innocent people?:@

EHM-1671 Ben

Terror Alert
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 10:50:05 am »
There are other wasy to prove a point without killing innocent people and destroying a perfectly good plane...

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Terror Alert
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 07:50:56 pm »
Can somebody please tell me if Birmingham is having any problems? I just saw the report on CNN today. Ive got to go home in 2 days, so Im a little scared!:%

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Terror Alert
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 07:55:46 pm »
Well at London Airports cancellations are happening, but elsewhere in the UK just expect delays...
I fly from Newcastle to Rome tomorrow and I actually cant wait;D If im delayed in the airport im normally quite happy because I can spend another XX amount of minutes planespotting. Just expect delays....

EHM-1633 José

Terror Alert
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 11:06:22 pm »
Razza; that´s the point. I sometimes go to LEMD airport with a binoculars to spot airplanes, specially landings, which are my favourites. I go to the airport even when I´m not flying anywere;)

EHM-1969 Michael

Terror Alert
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 08:53:15 pm »
There are some extreme views which different groups have on other counties or particular ways of living - of which terrorists in this case do not approve of.  They don't approve of the Western Culture of especially USA and the UK and therefore they feel that to kill innocent people is the answer.

It  disgusts me :{

EHM-0744 Alex

Terror Alert
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 09:19:00 pm »
Jose where do you go to spot planes at LEMD? I've thought about it but never seroiusly enough as to check locations and such.

Saludos!