Author Topic: Bolshie Euroharmony pilots  (Read 4340 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Bolshie Euroharmony pilots
« on: November 14, 2006, 08:27:14 pm »
I have recently installed the Euroharmony AI fleet and have noticed on recent flights that ATC will call out that Euroharmony xxx you are x above or below your assigned altitude climb or descend to x Euroharmony (AI )acknowledges,but a thirty seconds later ATC repeats the instruction to the offending pilot and so on.Any idea whats going on please?
Cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:17:42 pm »
Hey Andy,

Same thing has happen to me. I think it's the inbuild ATC that creates that. I have heard it with other airlines, so i don't think it has anything to do with the AI package. I haven't heard anything like that since I started using Radar Contact instead.

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:04:14 am »
Does it always do like that or only at main hubs with many EHM AI?? Maybe under the name Euroharmony xxx are listed all EHM AI planes...but it seems strange :s

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 03:26:14 am »
I don't know if this is the answer but I remember seeing an article a while back about how the .air files for FS2002 were quite different from those for FS2004 - you can see for yourself if you use AI aircraft from the big sites like AI Aardvark, they include different flight dynamics for the different versions of FS.

If you watch addon AI traffic at a big airport you'll see some planes bob about on approach and after take-off because their flight model is not very stable so they are always seeking the right altitude which makes them go up and down a lot...

So my point is that EHM AI traffic was originally written for FS2002 and I think the planes' .air files might be FS2002 ones. If so, these might have trouble holding a stable altitude in FS2004 which causes them to rise and sink and therefore ATC keeps picking up their movement and asking them to correct it.

Of course I could be well out here (there are certainly bugs in the FS2004 ATC!) but it might explain what you are describing...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:35:17 am »
Thanks guys for your thoughts and help.Dominic your idea about the AI originally being for 2002 and maybe a conflict there seems plausible.I will keep monitoring the situatuion and see how it goes,but will probably have to (sadly)remove the Eurohamony AI.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:44:47 am »
Andy,

Rather than remove the AI (can't have airports without EHM now can we??:P) what I'd suggest is to copy the .air file from a default aircraft that works ok in your setup (for example the 737) and paste this into each of the AI aircraft folders. Rename the new .air file to the name of the existing .air file in that folder (but back up the original one first) and see if that improves the flight performance of your AI aircraft.

It might not work as a lot more of the flight characteristics are now contained in the aircraft .cfg file (compared to FS2002) but it's worth a try. If not I've got some other bright ideas up my sleeve... ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 09:48:01 am »
Thanks Dominic
I may give that a try.The weather is foul so a good day for FS tweaking and fiddling.
cheers Andy

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:43:36 am »
A tip, would be to use Online ATC and Online flying, the FS atc is awful ;)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:32:32 am »
Andy,

Another thing to try would be to use the .air files from purpose built addon aircraft such as those by AI Aardvark (www.ai-aardvark.com) - I use their aircraft for AI whenever possible as they are well designed and frame-rate friendly.

You can get their FS9 compatible FDE's (.air files) from Avsim:-

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=40738

These have been set up to give the best balance of realism and smooth flight characteristics. Let me know if you have any joy...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 01:17:57 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1798 Conrad
A tip, would be to use Online ATC and Online flying, the FS atc is awful ;)

Conrad
I used to do a lot of online flying with Livewire Airlines,but got fed up with server boots,slow jerky user planes,unrealistic booming ATC sound etc.I actually prefer to fly with MS ATC with its limitations but with lots of AI populating airports etc.Maybe one day i will try again although i have probably forgotten all the ATC procedures by now.Actually i will say one thing for Livewire there ATC whilst being realistic was VERY new user friendly not intimidating like VATSIM.Perhaps things have changed since i last tried it.
Cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 11:25:33 pm »
Hi folks,

the EHm AI is built on ProjectAI planes, they have FS2004 dynamics. I believe the bug have only 1 reason: the pressure changes. OR sometimes, the impossible flight altitudes that the planes should fly at. The EHM AI flies on a normal altitud. I belive that the AI handling is not designed well, so it works only on 29.92 ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 12:44:22 pm »
Maybe I've got an old version of EHM AI then because the .air files in most of the planes date from early 2003 before FS2004 came out...?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything