Author Topic: Any smart people around  (Read 3370 times)

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Any smart people around
« on: December 17, 2006, 11:12:56 pm »
Hey Guys,

I got a question, and hope someone here can give me an answer that are a little better then "strange things happen sometimes."
This has happen to me a couple of times, and I have yet to figure out why. I'm flying everything is great, sun is shining, birds are singing and I'm on my way to somewhere. And it happens right out of the blue. My airspeed indication reads 0 and in some cases the same does my altimeter. But I'm still flying at M 0.78 and are at  FL370. Then sometimes everything returns to normal after a little while. Other times I need to reload the aircraft again before it returns to normal.
I was wondering if it has something to do with the panel, or if it's FSUIPC that are causing it. Or perhaps the answer is, strange things happen sometimes." ;D

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Any smart people around
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:52:42 pm »
Karsten,

My guess would be the panel - I got this a couple of times with the MD-17 panel on the UNHCR event and it went away as quickly as it came... I thought it was down to pitot icing or similar but my anti-ice, de-ice and pitot heat were all on. I haven't changed my version of FSUIPC recently so I don't think this would cause it so I wonder if there a gauge that's causing it under certain conditions...

Doesn't answer your question I know, but at least you know you're not alone ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-1821 Javier

Any smart people around
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 04:44:24 am »
I had the same problem with the MD-17 except that it came back on after i switched on the pitot heat. Maybe just a coincidence?

EHM-1998 Steven

Any smart people around
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:09:41 am »
I've had this happen several times due to icing. Turning on the pitot heat always fixes it for me. FS9 does not do a very good job of modeling icing, though. Lately, I have turned off icing via ActiveSky. If icing was realistic in FS9, I would use it.

EHM-1671 Ben

Any smart people around
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:49:26 am »
I noticed this problem just once during the UNHCR tour around Africa, and that was on the first flight when I turned the Pitot heat on (I wouldn't necessarily blame the pitot heat for this, though, there could be another reason). I didn't experience it at all for the rest of the tour as I didn't bother to turn on the pitot heat.... who really needs pitot heat in the African summer temperatures?? ;D

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Any smart people around
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:05:33 am »
Thank you guys, perhaps it has something to do with icing. I think I'll try turning off  icing via ActiveSky, and see if that cure the problem. I mean there are a good chance it's icing, I mean flying from Canada to Sweden at mach 0.83 and at FL 370, theres a good chance it's kind of cold :o

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Any smart people around
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:10:58 am »
Karsten
I have had a long think about your problem and come to this conclusion.......
"strange things happen sometimes.";D
Apologies i could'nt resist
Merry Yule
Andrew