Author Topic: Zurich Airport News  (Read 16807 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:26:43 am »
Welcome to our Hub news slot where you can find out the latest info on LSZH "in the real world".

I'm going to post links and information here about developments at Zurich airport and real world events that are going to need EHM pilots !

Zurich is a very busy city with constant visitors from around the globe. So any time you're wondering where to fly, have a look here and you'll find plenty of conferences, trade fairs, tourist events and large scale cargo movements that might just need an EHM pilot or two ;)

To start us off, here are some great links from

http://www.zurich-airport.com

which is a very useful resource for detailed information about our airport! (Dial-up users - I'm afraid these are large documents and will take a while to load .)

To learn a little more about LSZH and Switzerland, have a look at
http://www.zurich-airport.com/dokumente/?ID_site=1&sp=en&doku=SalesImagebroschuere.pdf&dtit=SalesImagebroschuere.pdf&ID_doku=2660.
It's full of interesting facts and statistics including the top flight destinations from LSZH and a map showing the airport layout...

And to keep up to date with developments at the airport, check out
http://www.zurich-airport.com/dokumente/?ID_site=1&sp=en&doku=Air_Mag_2007_01.pdf&dtit=Air_Mag_2007_01.pdf&ID_doku=3280
This interesting magazine has a great article about a Swiss DC-3 as well as a look at ultra-modern airports of the Far East and a calendar of Zurich events for the next 3 months...

Watch this space for more LSZH news coming your way!

There's always something new at Zurich... ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:11:30 pm »
FLIGHT IDEAS
FORTHCOMING TRADE FAIR:

In the coming week, there is a spring wine fair in Zurich, the "Expovina Primavera" starting on the 15th March and running to 22nd. We are receiving a lot of bookings from wine growers and executives for flights into Zurich from key wine regions...

Suggested flights for the conference would be:-

EHM-1469 LIMF to LSZH
(Torino, home of famous Piedmont region wines Barolo and Asti Spumante)

EHM-3467 LIPZ to LSZH
(Venice, home of the Veneto wines such as Bardolino and Valpolicella)

EHM-3507 LFBD to LSZH
(Bordeaux, home of the great French wines such as Pauillac and Margaux)

These are only suggestions of course, feel free to choose any other flights you wish ;D

For more details of the event check out http://www.expovina-primavera.ch/

I'll be regularly updating this thread with business & tourism events and conferences as a source of flight ideas for you all. If you have any other ideas or suggestions for events in Zurich or Switzerland that EHM can fly people to, let me know here in the Forum or by e-mail... ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2033 Miguel

• Ready for take-off
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:20:19 pm »
For the Expovina Primavera future event may I suggest another flight?

How about Eurobusiness flight EHM-B265 LPPR-LSZH
Connecting Porto, home of the world famous Port wine, to the fair?

Hey, had to bring up my national wines.. eheh
Miguel Fernandes

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 06:26:05 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Miguel, I'm quite partial to a drop of Port wine myself, I might even make that flight myself just in case any of the executives feel like rewarding the flight crew with a bottle or two of their finest product ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2033 Miguel

• Ready for take-off
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:45:36 am »
Try and ask them for a bottle of some 40+ years Port.. I'm positive you'll love it.. ;D Just make sure you don't end up somewhere in Asia... ;)
Miguel Fernandes

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:50:15 pm »
Latest Zurich airport news !

The latest edition of the real world LSZH newsletter is out and contains some interesting items:-

- the Summer schedule starts on 25th March and will lead to increased competition with other airlines, particularly Swiss International which is increasing its short-haul capacity

- there were 1,360,301 passengers went through LSZH in February, an 11% increase on Feb 2006. That's plenty of potential customers for EHM ;)

- Zurich has been voted "Best European Airport" for customer satisfaction (we keep winning these awards, well done to all of you!)

- there is an overview of "the VIP service" which EHM uses for our valued EuroBusiness customers

Read all the details on how our airport is leading the field at http://www.zurich-airport.com under 'Your Insights/ZRH Newsletter/Archive'

Keep checking back for updates... :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 04:42:41 am »
Always keen to update you all on the latest Swiss events, I'm happy to share with you the news that this weekend brings "EXPO BULLE" to Switzerland - yes, the premiere Dairy Farming Exhibition returns to south-west Switzerland with even more cows than last year!! (Honestly, I'm not kidding - full details here:- http://www.expobulle.ch/programme_definitif_english.htm)

So our finest EuroCargo pilots are required at Zurich airport today, tomorrow and Sunday to transport some of the finest heffers and tons of Bull to and from the show...

Suggested flights include C550 from KATL (cattle, geddit??)

Please bring your own toilet roll in case of any spills! ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:00:52 pm »
This Sunday, 1st April, sees the 2007 Zurich International Marathon, the largest such race in Switzerland! This event brings lots of visitors to Zurich and many of them will travel through our Hub ;)

The race's website gives some details:

"The route leads via Mythenquai, Quaibrücke and Bellevue along the lake and through the densely populated areas of the suburban communities, and then back through the Old Town, past many of the City of Zürich's tourist sights and places of interest. Rising by just 25 meters, the attractive and varied course is practically gradient-free, thus enabling some extremely fast running times. Spectators can enjoy a vast array of festivities in the various lakeside villages along the route..."

For more information, see http://zurichmarathon.ch/index_eng.htm

As you will see there, the most famous marathon runners (with most success in recent years) come from countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, New Zealand, Denmark and Russia together with lots of entrants from Switzerland and the rest of Europe. We are expecting large numbers of friends and supporters to travel with these high level competitors to the event...

So, EuroHarmony will be aiming to carry as many of these marathon goers as possible :P

If you want to help our airline tap into this stream of new visitors, please consider flying one (or more) of the following suggested routes into Zurich over the next few days:-

EHM 1467 from Bern
EHM 4451 from Copenhagen
EHM 6489 from Moscow
EHM 7842 from Auckland, New Zealand to Atlanta AND EHM 7810 from Atlanta to Zurich (for real long haul fans)
EHM B285 from Nairobi

As always, feedback, photos and flight reports would be most welcome here :P

Zurich, at the heart of Europe !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 12:02:12 am »
Starting tomorrow (23rd April) and running until 6th May is the "Offbeat/JSB" Jazz Festival in Basel so there are going to be large numbers of Jazz and World Music fans flying into our airspace...

Full details of this lively event at http://www.jsb.ch/

If you'd like to fly some of these jazzy travellers to their concerts, try these flights:-

B235 LSZH-LFSB (Class 3 EuroBusiness with our very own Swiss PC-12 ;))

H790 EHAM-LFSB (Class 4 EuroHolidays)

B063 EGLL-LFSB (Class 5 EuroBusiness)

If you haven't already got it, there's great scenery of Basle-Mulhouse-EuroAirport LFSB available at Avsim:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=79769&CatID=fs2004scen

Enjoy your flights!

There's always something new at Zurich !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 11:33:50 am »
WOW :o

That's what I call very good updated information ...

Keep up the good work Dominic!

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 07:17:24 pm »
ANOTHER REAL WORLD SWISS EVENT COMING UP...

There's only 10 days to go now until EBACE 2007 - THE business aviation conference here in Switzerland!

Geneva is the venue for a massive exhibition of all that's best in corporate flying so, obviously, EuroHarmony will be looking to get in on the action ;)

For full details of the event look here

And with 10,000 attendees expected, all qualified EuroBusiness pilots are requested to make themselves available as demand for our flights will be 'sky-high' :P

Extra demand is anticipated on the following routes:-

EHM-1465 LSZB to LSGG
EHM-3192 EHAM to LSGG
EHM-4010 EGLL to LSGG
EHM-4012 LSZH to LSGG
EHM-B193 ESSA to LSGG

EHM-B283 OERY to LSZH
EHM-B289 KIAD to LSZH
EHM-B420 OBBI to LSZH
EHM-B776 KJFK to LSZH

So, if you can spare the time to fly one of these flights, you might just help raise our profile with the "movers and shakers" in the world of bizjets ;D

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 05:41:24 pm »
Just a quick reminder to you all - EBACE 2007 starts on Tuesday (see article above) ;)

Plenty of EuroBusiness (and other) flights to be flown this week and watch out for 'Traffic, Traffic !' as Swiss airspace is bound to be busy... ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Zurich Airport News
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 07:05:56 pm »
Hi Dom,

i must say i admire your posts!
These truly differentiate LSZH from other hubs.
As for the flights, you can count me in for the LSZH-LSGG leg. Always liked this short haul little flight.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 09:38:11 pm »
I know some of you are keen followers of the Tour de France... well, it's almost time for our own version here in Switzerland!

From Saturday 16th June to Sunday 24th June the 71st annual "Tour de Suisse" begins in Olten, about 35 miles west of Zurich... And there will be all the thrills and spills you get with the better known French version but in the much prettier and cleaner surroundings of the Swiss mountains ;D

Now I'm sure you've all been practicing hard in your helicopters since my Agusta A109 article, haven't you?? If not, you've got just under 2 weeks to learn how to keep the 'blue side up'...

I hope some of you fancy yourselves as chopper pilots because we've been hired by a satellite Sports TV broadcaster to get their cameras up in the air to capture all the action throughout the event ! Full details of the race are here (in German and French only it seems)

So grab your collectives and reach for the skies - I want to see choppers in the air over the Alps :P

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 12:10:32 pm »
The Summer edition of Zurich Airport's magazine is now available and includes some great articles on Alaska, Storm chasing in the USA and the Montreux Jazz Festival as well as a diary of notable Swiss events to help you link your flights to real world travel demands :P

For a great read, download it here.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 11:48:50 am »
If any of you were in any doubt that Switzerland is one of the finest venues for flying, then this weekend those doubts will be blown away ! ;)

On Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July the Red Bull Air Race visits Interlaken :P

So if any of you fancy showing off your aerobatic ability to an eager crowd, fly down to LSMI - just don't bend any of our expensive fleet PLEASE ;D

Full details of the races are available here.

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Zurich Airport News
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 12:56:58 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1465 Dominic
On Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July the Red Bull Air Race visits Interlaken :P

I plan to actually be there so hopefully I'll post some real world piccies here.

Watch this space.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 04:31:05 pm »
Fantastic Sotiris! Can't wait to see them... :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 01:10:06 am »
Sotiris - did you make it to the race..? I'd love to see any pictures you may have taken...:P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Zurich Airport News
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 10:18:41 am »
Well guys,

thanks to 'car-hating' (in wise Clarkson's words) Switzerland I managed to miss it.
The reason being a total 4 and half hours worth of queueing in traffic over a 100km route.
The good people of Switzerland always choose the Summer period (the closer to August the better) to do all their major roadworks to happily coincide with the rest of Europe travelling down to Italy and its ferry ports. (I came across half Germany, 80% of the Netherland, a thirds of Belgium etc.)
Well done. What's more extraordinary is that the crowd was less than a third of what was expected. News Story

I'd hate to think what would happen if they got the full 140'000 people they were expecting. Needless to say there was absolutely no parking space in a radius of 10 miles whatsoever.

Switzerland looks like is only for the quiet folk enjoying their walks in the mountains and has permanently parted company with any even remotely adrenaline-rushing activity. 'Ve love ze countryzide and ze environment here. Ve do not like noize and zese vulgar noisy sings'

Sorry for my rantings but my frustration has yet to subside. I could find a parking sport for the Monaco grand prix and they couldn't sort something decent out?

Anyway, for piccies visit the official site:
Red Bull Air Race

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 10:41:48 am »
Sorry to hear that, what a nightmare :{
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 12:15:22 am »
The Swiss are celebrating their National Day on 1st August (and in fact all week!)

So now's a great time for all Zurich pilots to be reporting for duty as thousands of our countrymen and women will be looking for flights into and within this beautiful nation!

For full details of the Fireworks spectacles and other events to celebrate the independence of the Swiss Federation since 1st August 1291, have a look at these links:-

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/event_calendar/event_results.cfm?strubrik=1629
http://www.fetes-de-geneve.ch/
http://www.rhinefalls.com/beleuchtung.html
http://www.villars.ch/en/news.cfm?category=MediaVG&subcat=NewsVG&id=76546

...and for the history of it all, look  here...

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 07:15:58 pm »
Zurich Airport's latest (real world) newsletter is out!

Please check out this link for edition 04/07...

It includes items on the 8% increase in passengers through our airport so far this year, the airport's "Terrace Festival" running from 24 to 26th August (anyone planning to visit this event?), and a new brochure full of information about the airport's operations...

So if you want to know what's happening in the real world at our base, this is the place to look !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 09:28:56 am »
Lake Geneva's the place to be this weekend for the 10th annual "Vertigo Swiss Riviera" hanggliding and paragliding championships at Villeneuve, near Lake Geneva.

Have a look here for full details of this dazzling display of unpowered aerobatic prowess :P

So why not pilot a flight into LSGG (there are 6 to choose from in Classes 1 to 5) - there's plenty of demand from all the spectators and press that will be attending the competition -  and you can watch some of the action for yourself before you fly back..!

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Zurich Airport News
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:08:30 pm »
As all you film buffs will know, today Zurich's fantastic Film Festival begins :P It runs until the 7th October and brings international attention, glamour and celebrity to our Hub city ;)

Full details of the event are at http://www.zurichfilmfestival.org/en/home/.

This is a great chance to show EHM's quality of service to film executives, directors and stars from countries as far apart as India ('Bollywood'), Hong Kong, Australia and of course California...

Extra flights have been laid on to cope with demand so Zurich pilots are needed to crew the following rotations into our Hub this weekend:-

EHM 1531 from Mumbai
EHM 7483 from Hong Kong
EHM B960 from Sydney to Atlanta and EHM B778 from Atlanta onwards to Zurich
EHM 7802 from Los Angeles

High demand is also expected on flights from all European capitals so take your pick and fly some glamour into LSZH ;)

Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything