Author Topic: liveries  (Read 3308 times)

Drew M

liveries
« on: March 14, 2007, 02:33:13 pm »
Has anyone already done Euroharmony repaints for the PSS Airbus Pro series A320, and Dash 8? Also the EuroHolidays livery for the PSS 757-200?

If so can you point me in their direction please?

Ta

DM

EHM-1982 Carlos

liveries
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 04:42:09 pm »
Not sure, but I think that there are not such repaits, since the EHM models are excellent, you can still use the payware advanced panels like PSS or others by doing a merge, you will only miss the VC.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
liveries
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 04:46:51 pm »
Drew,

Due to the age of the the PSS Airbus A320 (it was an FS2002 addon) it was never repainted for our liveries, we merely merged the PSS panel to our freeware model. (Details of the PSS/IFDG merge are available from many websites, just google PSS IFDG Merge) The PSS dash is the wrong version for our fleet so this was never considered. (PSS modelled the Dash 8-300 our fleet model is the Dash 8-Q400) A decision on the 757 will be made later as the whole Holiday fleet will be receiving a new look to match the main divisions new look sometime in the future so all repaints are on hold until we get the divisions redesigned.

Personally I find the PSS products quite poor, not in terms of the level of the systems, but in terms of their performance. I think their programming is quite obviously part time and their coding is substandard and slows frame rates far too much. I gave up after the farce they made with the 777 and the ridiculous amount of time it took to get a working patch out for it, infact my PSS 777 still sufferes CTD problems now so I never use it. I recently purchased the new WILCO A320 and this also has a considerable number of problems, but as it is a Feelthere product, I am confident they will be sorted. At least in the meantime I can use this plane without it crashing my PC all the time.

I am sure we will be looking at our payware repaints sometime soon, but at this time, I can give you no solid details. (I think we should also wait for more news on the PMDG A320 & LevelD 757 before we paint any of them) Our fleet painter, Robert, has been flat out and is currently working on the divisions so stay tuned, I am sure he will be ready to start giving you a few previews soon.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
liveries
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 10:52:36 am »
I contacted Robert about the 757, since Ben and I are 757 mad! Robert said he'd probably make a livery for the PSS 757, but also the Captain Sim 757.

Drew M

liveries
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:57:21 pm »
Excellent! Thank you chaps... (does that say CEO after Phils name? Gulp - doffs cap, tugs forelock)

I agree, Phil, with your observations about PSS... I originally bought the aerosoft A320, but its VC only - which is ok except it means a lot of panning, tilting and zooming with the mouse to see and/or click/unclick various switches and buttons. Its enough to give you motion sickness when you're on a visual approach! So I searched for an alternative, and found the PSS Airbus pro, in fact I've got most PSS aircraft. I have experienced quite a few little annoyances - the darned alarm going off to tell me the oil temp is too high on the 777 and 757 - and I haven't started the engines yet! What I have found is, if I'm careful loading it up - default flight first, then change the airport, then the time date, then the aircraft...and if I have my FPS pegged at 30 or less, leaving me enough CPU capacity, it normally works ok. Anyway, all this is acedemic, as I'll be slogging around in turbo props for  while yet before the airline lets me get me mits on a jet!

Thanks for your help. Interesting discussion, and I'll try out a few merges.

DM

EHM-2029 Sotiris

liveries
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:06:32 pm »
Originally posted by Drew M
. Anyway, all this is acedemic, as I'll be slogging around in turbo props for  while yet before the airline lets me get me mits on a jet!
DM

Well Drew, that's correct unless you decide to join the ProPilot event running right now. Nice big 747F for ya and there's still time to join.
Be warned though, you have 3-4 days to do 3 flights that total almost 10000 miles!

anything