Author Topic: Going away!  (Read 4500 times)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Going away!
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:10:25 am »
Tomorrow, I will be flying off to Croatia, to meet my relatives! I'm not particularly looking forward to it, because I have about 300 relatives (I'm not joking!) over there, and I have to meet them all, but luckily, the country is beautiful, and I get to have some fun times there, but anyway, I'll take lots of pictures. My route is ridiculous to get there:

EGBB->LFPG->LDZA->LDZD

but on the good side, I can take a lot of pictures of each airport, and assuming that not many of you have been to Zagreb Pleso, or Zadar Zemunik, I will take many pictures.

I will be back on wednesday 11th April, sorry Ben and Javier we haven't had much time to talk, but since I probably won't have access to the internet while there, I probably won't be able to talk to you, or talk on EuroHarmony.

I'll be back with lots of pictures, as I did in Norway!

Bye guys!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Going away!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:57:54 am »
Have a great trip Matt. Try and get some cockpit shots before departure or after arrival. Pilots usually don't mind you coming up front for a look round after arrival if they are not too busy! (Companies like Easyjet & Ryanair may not let you because of short turnarounds)

Enjoy
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

Going away!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »
Have fun!!!! Note down what planes you will take ;D

EHM-1671 Ben

Going away!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:41:31 pm »
Ooooh, the pleasures of large families. Funny! Have a great time ;)

Oh, and I agree with Phil. Get some cockpit shots - we always enjoy those.

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Going away!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 10:06:02 pm »
Well Matt, have a nice trip to these places I am very familiar with all of them - old times in former Yugoslavia. Enjoy your stay.

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Going away!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:30:44 am »
Well, I'm at EGBB right now! The plane I'm taking to Charles de Gaulle (I think that's how it's spelt!) is an Air France A320, then an Air Croatia A320 to Zagreb, then an Air Croatia ATR-42 to Zadar. My plane departs in about 1 1/2 hours, so I'm here at Costa Coffee having a nice drink before we go to the departure lounge! I've got my camera at the ready, so I'm going to try to take some pictures of a nice A320 cockpit (Javier will be happy)!, and some of EGBB. When I get to LFPG, it's going to be a rush to get through the airport, Schipol style, so I'll talk to you guys later!

See ya later!

EHM-1821 Javier

Going away!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 01:01:08 pm »
yay! Airbus! ;D

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Going away!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 03:03:32 pm »
Bit of a problem, I'm still in Birmingham EGBB and our flight was supposed to leave at 11:00, it is now 15:00. The flight has REALLY screwed up, there have been technical problems with the plane, it landed 2 hours late, and they can't get it to a gate, and our second flight from Charles De Gaulle to Zagreb leaves in about an hour, so even if we get to LFPG, we can't get to Zagreb. I'll keep you guys updated.

EHM-1671 Ben

Going away!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 10:21:54 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1821 Javier
yay! Airbus! ;D

Originally posted by EHM-1883 Matt
Bit of a problem, I'm still in Birmingham EGBB and our flight was supposed to leave at 11:00, it is now 15:00. The flight has REALLY screwed up, there have been technical problems with the plane, it landed 2 hours late, and they can't get it to a gate, and our second flight from Charles De Gaulle to Zagreb leaves in about an hour, so even if we get to LFPG, we can't get to Zagreb. I'll keep you guys updated.

Muhahahaha. Take THAT, Airbus fans (Javier ;)). The moral of the story here, folks, is always fly a Boeing.

(It was doomed from the beginning though, not a single Boeing on Matt's route! What a travesty!)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Going away!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 10:42:35 am »
Ben is totally right! The flight got cancelled, after 5 hours delay. It was because of "technical" problems. And now, FlyBE are my main enemy. They promised to get our luggage back by 15 minutes. It took them two hours. The whole airport seemed dead anyway, there were barely any flights going. We're trying to find different ways to get to Zadar now, but we probably won't get our money back for these flights until september! At the moment, the plan is basically find different routes, and maybe find different places to go within England. We are thinking about the Georgian city of Bath, so if I do go there, I still will take pics!

EHM-1821 Javier

Going away!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 04:04:54 pm »
aww cmon! its not the plane's fault, its the maintainence crew! ;D:]

i hope you get your flight problems sorted soon Matt! ;D