Author Topic: AFAS problems  (Read 4587 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
AFAS problems
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:03:12 pm »
This is kind of a thread split from the web server migration topic specifically for the AFAS problem.

I want to let everyone know that I'm working on this as my #1 priority, but in testing the new copy of the script that I'm working on, a number of pilots may have received multiple copies of the AFAS email earlier today (for which I apologise)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1612 Paolo

AFAS problems
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:49:09 am »
Hi Murray, I received the first email this morning, I sent you an email about that too.
The email is from euroharm@box253.bluehost.com
Thank you for your hard work :8 ;)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
AFAS problems
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:21:34 pm »
More news.

I think I'm getting close to a "solution" on this one. As such I'd like to propose that AFAS almost "starts anew" with a first manual run (fired off by me) to all current, valid subscribers containing a new flight 'set'.

I'll finish my local testing fairly soon and be in a position to migrate the script onto the server, where I'll run a "live test" (as real, just with the DB updates and emailing disabled), then I'll do the actual manual run... In all, it should all finish later this evening.

UPDATE: The final test run has completed successfully: the script kept going and everyone that should have been processed was. I'll fire the real run off at 1700Z+1 and everyone should have their first new AFAS emails by 2000Z+1.

Please, can I get confirmations here from as many subscribers as possible that you've received your copies (top of my head, Maarten, Phil Nutt, Paolo, Jordi...)? I know I got mine (a first for me...) but one is not a representative sample.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1365 Ben

• Martian transfer
AFAS problems
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:07:16 pm »
Hi Murray

When you said 'final test run', was it the final test? Should I still be getting a new e-mail every 3 hours since 1700z+1?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
AFAS problems
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:56 pm »
Ben (everyone in fact) - I'm not entirely sure why it's happening, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of these are queued messages from quite some time ago that my fixes to the AFAS script has somehow kicked off. I only ran three/four tests yesterday, yet I've received a good half-dozen emails (and I thought I had disabled the email sending/DB updating during those test runs).
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1365 Ben

• Martian transfer
AFAS problems
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 12:39:43 pm »
Ah of course - didn't think of the 35mail buffer. Mine are all class 7 flights - I don't think I will manage to fly all of them this month, sorry :P

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
AFAS problems
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 01:05:55 pm »
Sad
I thought AFAS was so pleased to see me back that it just couldnt stop e-mailing me.:)
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
AFAS problems
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 04:07:22 pm »
I didn't know what happened yesterday. I got 6 e-mails yesterday, and 3 today. I've quit the service for now, but has anyone else recieved lots of e-mails today?

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
AFAS problems
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 04:08:59 pm »
I must confess that I am lost. What AFAS stands for? Should I get an e-mail about it?:o

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
AFAS problems
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 06:42:20 pm »
I also have had a deluge of mail both yesterday and today, many of which seem to be duplicates.

Hector - AFAS is the "Automatic Flight Assignment System" by signing up to this from your pilots log in page you can have the system send you a llist of flights to perform each day or each week instead of picking your own flights!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1612 Paolo

AFAS problems
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 06:42:31 pm »
Automatic flight assingment system!;D
Murray I received lots of emails today :) I have so many flights to choose from!!
I'm so happy lol :]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
AFAS problems
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 09:55:38 pm »
OK, I've turned on the AFAS cron job again (as I've not received any further emails since midday)... I've set it for 0400, but I don't know if that's local time (MDT) or UCT - those of you with a daily subscription will find out at 0400 or 1000 I suppose ;D

I must ask again that those with a daily subscription let me know here if it works...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0641 Rico

AFAS problems
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 03:30:57 pm »
I have a daily subscription ...

I got like 10 mails couple of days ago, but now I get nothing ...

anything