Author Topic: Paypal donations.  (Read 9225 times)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« on: April 11, 2007, 11:26:03 am »
Dear pilots,

As you know we made an announcement regarding our paypal donations strategy.

As a president, I think I should also give my explanation about this because this is a new step on our strategy and maybe it was the most sensible decision that we, MT team, ever took.

I think that on the last months we all have seen our VA more quiet than usual because we are stuffed on new projects that surely will give all of you new quality and improvement features to fly with more fun and pleasure. But to develop those features we need a stable and dedicated server, and not the current "maximum 20% processing" server that we have now.

We are not unhappy with our current hosting provider. In contrary, they always provided us the necessary help to solve all the problems that we had, but still they have this "20%" rule that we cannot avoid.

So, our decision was sensible and hard: To move to a new server, a Virtual Private Server that will provide us a more reliable server, and will surely mark a new dimension on availability and performance.

But for that, we need money to pay it. Simple as that.

So, what I ask, in behalf of the MT team, is your help. We need to cover that expense that is payed monthly, and we want to continue giving you the best that you deserve. Unfortunately, we are currently reaching the top of what is possible to do on the current server situation.

Even if with all the donations we don't cover the necessary money, we, MT team, will give the rest (or whole of it) to pay for the VPS server. But still, I think that if all of us give even a small ammount (it can be even 5 dollars/euros) I am sure we can get the necessary money to buy it.

So, if you have more doubts, or ideas to help us, then please share them here and we will gladly listen to them.

This VA is not living from what we create, but lives from what you, pilots, use from what we build. So, I am totally convict that with your help we will once more win this challenge that surely is the most difficult one ever on our VA.

Best Regards,

EHM-1671 Ben

Paypal donations.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:21 am »
I love EuroHarmony! Donation on the way (it may only be small, the New Zealand dollar - Euro exchange rate is ridiculous!)!! ;)

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Paypal donations.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 12:33:52 pm »
Hi Bruno
  Donation on it's way.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1009 Kevin

• Contact departure
    • http://www.myspace.com/kevbooth27478
Paypal donations.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:51:42 pm »
ill pass my donation on at the end of the week, keep up the great works guys...
Kevin Booth - EHM 1009
EGLL -
Intel Quad Q6600 @3.0Ghz
Biostar TPower I45
ATI 4850 x1
4GB OCZ RAM
Windows 7 Home Edition
120GB SSD Boot Drive

EHM-1612 Paolo

Paypal donations.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:16:54 pm »
I am very happy to help Euroharmony, even if this means that I'll drink one beer less on saturday nights ;) donation on it's way

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Paypal donations.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:42:55 pm »
Hi Bruno,
mine went last night. Hope it will help.
I encourage everybody to contribute, no matter the amount. Euroharmony deserves it.
A 3-day Grand Stand Ticket for F1 at Barcelona: 260 Euros; A ticket for a baseball game in USA plus beer and hotdogs: US$ 150; Flying with Euroharmony: Priceless!
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »
Thank you guys,

We appreciate your donations from our hearts. But still there is a long way to fill until we have the necessary ammount to pay the whole year for a new dedicated vps server.

I am sure we will win this value until the end of June, when our hosting account expires.
We will also post all the donations from all pilots as soon as we can.

From now we have:

Murray Crane - USD 25.00
Philip Nutt - EUR 65.00
Jaap Hiddink - EUR 15.00
Bruce Woodbridge - EUR 20.00
Bruno Falcao - EUR 30.00
Patrick Guertler - EUR 5.00
Hector Partidas - USD 50.00
Trevor Bolton - EUR 50.00

I am thank you all in behalf of the MT for this kind gesture! We just hope more of our pilots follow your efforts ;)

Regards and thank you one more time!

EHM-1671 Ben

Paypal donations.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 11:22:10 pm »
May I ask, what's the target amount we need to reach before the end of June?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 11:24:17 pm »
It's about 750 euros.

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
Paypal donations.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:29 pm »
Hi Bruno,

My donation should be in the processing stage by now.

Keep it up, all of you! Considering after all the fun the VA has given us, i am happy ;D i can do something back!

Take care!

Stef
EHM-1242
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 12:18:00 am »
Guys,

May I just say thanks for your donations so far, I have been amazed by your support! We were not really sure how this would be received but we are starting to get the funds together although we still have some way to go. We will generate a report for everyone to see at the end of each month so you can see what we have and what we spent! :) Don't worry, we will keep things totally transparent, it is the least we can do to repay your great support for our airline.

Again, to all of the above and those that donate in the future, my sincere and heartfealt thanks!

We will keep you posted on our progress! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

Paypal donations.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 10:37:26 am »
I would love to donate but i don't have paypal, i'm gonna bug my mother and ask her to allow me to donate :]

EHM-1821 Javier

Paypal donations.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:18 pm »
yay! the buggin worked ;D

$10 USD is on its way!;D

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Paypal donations.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 03:52:44 pm »
Phil or Bruno!

It sounds rather ridicoulos, but I have no connection to Paypal, so please send me some short instructions how to send my donation to support EHM VA. Also, there is no need to be affraid of not getting enough till the end of June. I am willing to cover the difference if there will be any. Euroharmony is only one and
one only!!!

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 05:58:21 pm »
Peter the MT members will talk internally about his situation :). Next MT meeting, on next monday, we will debate this.

EHM-1612 Paolo

Paypal donations.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 08:55:23 pm »
Alright Bruno, my donation should be okay.
Thank you for the hard work, keep it up! ;)

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Paypal donations.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »
No problems Bruno. We'll discuss on Monday meeting about this problem.

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Paypal donations.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 10:51:13 pm »
I will try to send a donation as soon as possible!;)

This is a stupid question, but I remember Phil at the IFC talking about Merchandising, and how if things come to the worst, we might start with merchandising. Will that happen if there are not enough donations?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:30 pm »
Well Matt.....

It is a work in progress and we will have a European Merchandise shop open in the near future but we need to make sure we have all the graphics sorted properly first (for printing and transfer purposes we can not just use our usual Jpegs) and our GFX department (hehehehe :) ) are up to their necks with other stuff.

So in answer to your question, yes we will have a merch shop, hopefully by the end of Q2 2007 but these items are not cheap and the amount the airline will make will be only about 1 euro per item. (Therefore we need to sell 750 t-shirts to pay for one year of our server! :) )

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 10:10:07 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1883 Matt
Will that happen if there are not enough donations?

The VA closes.

... How's your heart Matt ? ;D ... I'm kidding. :)

Logically we, MT, will put the rest to cover it.
So, if you see me on the front door near your local zone church asking for donations on the floor, at least give me an euro!

lol ...

EHM-1612 Paolo

Paypal donations.
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:34 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0948 Bruno
Originally posted by EHM-1883 Matt
Will that happen if there are not enough donations?

The VA closes.

... How's your heart Matt ? ;D ... I'm kidding. :)

Logically we, MT, will put the rest to cover it.
So, if you see me on the front door near your local zone church asking for donations on the floor, at least give me an euro!

lol ...

Lol :]

EHM-1671 Ben

Paypal donations.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 06:58:19 am »
My donation has (finally) been sent - 15 Euro! Hope that helps guys.

I think I saw something about a donation list... is there a list I can see of donations so far?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Paypal donations.
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 10:40:16 am »
Ben,

As this is changing constantly, we will post the donation list at the end of each month from now on. One thing we have not discussed is annonymity, if anyone has made a donation and wishes to remain annonymous, then please let myself or Bruno know.

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Paypal donations.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 08:47:13 pm »
All,

My 2 cents contribution to Euroharmony: 30 Euros just paid few minutes ago.

Thank you to all of you to make such a great VA

Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
Paypal donations.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 08:54:10 pm »
Betalingsgegevens

Prijs object:  25,00 EUR
Totaal:  €25,00 EUR
Omschrijving bestelling:  EuroHarmony Pilot 1592 Donation
Object-/productnummer:  2006
Koper:  Niels Kalis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small copy of the notification e-mail
Keep up the good work,
Niels
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."