Author Topic: Secret trap in ProPilot flight?  (Read 2808 times)

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Secret trap in ProPilot flight?
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:56:21 pm »
Yesterday I made a long haul flight on PP with our B 747-400, fully loaded with passengers and cargo from LGAV to UIII ( Russia ), where we landed on Rw30R after a bit more than seven hours of flying.  There is no ILS, only two NDB devices and the approach is pretty tricky, also the landing. It was very bad visibility for visual approach and landing, but I made it. This happened at 03.00 a.m. loco time ( 01.00 zulu ).
So far all perfect!

The surprise waited me at exit from the active rw. Suddenly I was kicked off the IVAO server and the connection was restored in about one minute later. Nothing new, this happened many times before. So what?

After stopping the engines, shuting down all the lights I checked ACARS in PP and all was nice and clear - no mistakes at all! Okay, let's go submitting the Pirep - no problems. But the surprise waited right here. Instead of usual congrats for a well done work and positive result. I have got a red coloured warning that PP haven't got enough of the necessary data, so this flight will not be registered as a regular PP flight. The reason: most likely a disconnection from internet or from IVAO netvork. Automatically this flight was registered only by hours of flying ( block time ) as on the basis of regular personaly written Pirep. You may imagine how disappointed and angry I was.

Sorry gentlemen, but such stupidities, because of technical PC disturbances, don't contribute to enjoyment in flying. Not because of my case, but for the benefits of all next victims of this trap in PP, I suggest immediate correction in PP programming, especially if we want to raise up the number of our pilots, flying online and using PP.

Peter LGAV HM

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:20:13 pm »
Sorry Peter to hear that it happened to you aswell...
I did a 5hours long flight with the Md11 from HESH to ESSA and I had that error...
I did last week the OBBI-LEBL leg for the F1 event and I spent the whole flight (excluding from start up to TOC, and from BOD to shut down) offline. I knew that I have to be connected to the internet while I'm landing/taking off but I've never known that you need to be online during flight aswell...:'(

EHM-2180 Mugur

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 06:37:36 am »
me too, i lost two PP flights because of that. as long as the flight logger records all the flight why should we be online all the time????

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 01:08:13 am »
Peter,

This was discussed at the last meeting and is planned to be addressed in the next flight logger. Because it means a rework of the coding, both server side and in the flight logger it can not be corrected easily.

Rest assured, it is being taken care of, it can not be done overnight that is all. I can not give you any time frames as it requires input from many people, in fact almost all the dev team will be involved at some stage or another and as you know, we are not all able to spend as much time here as we would like.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything