Author Topic: FSNav flightplan question.  (Read 6309 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
FSNav flightplan question.
« on: June 22, 2007, 05:35:59 pm »
Hello
Can i fly an FSNav flightplan without FS ATC and still use the ILS procedure for landing (without being given clearence by the FS ATC)and just entering the correct  rwy frequency?
Basically(yuk!)Can i fly without using ATC ?and land using the ILS.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 06:07:22 pm »
Definitely, but be aware that the FS ATC (and AI aircraft) won't just make a space for you because you're there... :)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »
And to add to Murray's comment, if you want to fly without ATC you can go to the traffic option and minimise the traffic density so that your chances of bumping into anyone are minimised.

Another tip (I've flown much like this!! ;D ) is that if you come across traffic (usually parked on the runway just as you're about to land) then forward the simulation rate to above 8x which will make all AI disappear. Reset down to 1x and no plane has returned.
I have used this many times to clear a whole queue ahead of me on the way to the runway!!

Good luck and safe flying

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:53:09 pm »
Hi,

I used to use that style several times. You can do it either as a VFR flight (with the risk of closed airports during the night) or as IFR. But then you need to enter very similar route to FS GPS as the FSNAV flightplan.

To avoid AI aircraft, I can advice to use AISmooth. You will not have any problem with landing then. With/without FS ATC, you will get the 1st priority for landing ;D

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1633 José

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 09:40:08 pm »
@ Robert:

Where can I get AISmooth??:%

Regards

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:00:15 pm »
Errrr, probably from free FS sites. You can try a Google search as well ;)

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:08:30 pm »
You can just export the FS NAV flightplan to FS2004 and load that as active flighplan for the flight, that way FS ATC let's you fly the FS Nav plan.
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 10:26:28 pm »
Hi Christian,

well I've been using FSNav for a few months but my version (4.9 I think) does not export plans to *.flt or whatever format FS9 understands.
can you tell me how you did it? I'd love to have this functionality.

EHM-1633 José

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:26 pm »
Thank you Robert for your quick reply. ;)

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 08:54:07 am »
Originally posted by EHM-2029 Sotiris
Hi Christian,

well I've been using FSNav for a few months but my version (4.9 I think) does not export plans to *.flt or whatever format FS9 understands.
can you tell me how you did it? I'd love to have this functionality.

On the top section where you have the flighplan in the small box, you have a button saying: Plan, click this and you get a drop down menu, select export and you have sevral options to export your FS Nav flighplan into. Select FS2004 and you must just choose a starting point for FS 2004.
Then go to Flightplans in the FS 2004 menu and load the exported file.
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 09:58:08 am »
Thanks for all the information Guys
I am going to try it.I realise that FS9 ATC simply wont make way for me,but i will do what i do now when confronted with AI about to land or on the rwy (TURN THEM OFF HA!).
PS i am still not clear as to weather the ILS procedures  will work correctly if i try to land without FS ATC  giving me landing clearence.
I am being  a bit dim and  lazy really and i should just try it  and see.
PS Have you seen the news about the proflight  ATC emulator.It could be a real advance for FS9 and X  
cheers Andy

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 03:29:51 pm »
The ILS system is just two radio trasniters and works inedpenable of any ATC controll, so yes it will work.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 04:02:28 pm »
Thank you Christian.
Thats what i wanted to know.
cheers Andy

EHM-2180 Mugur

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 06:26:55 am »
where can i get a flight navigator, me i use the deafauld flight planner in FS2004

thank you

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 07:44:24 pm »
the FS ATC (and AI aircraft) won't just make a space for you because you're there... :)

The FS ATC doesn't 'do' spacing - or even separation! Once you're in the sky, you're on your own.

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 08:02:16 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-2180 Mugur
where can i get a flight navigator, me i use the deafauld flight planner in FS2004

thank you

Mugur you can get FS Navigator from:
www.fsnavigator.com

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 08:55:37 pm »
Hi guys,

Some of you are having troubles with AI, may i suggest "AISmooth".
It's freeware and really working, AISmooth will keep AI away from you.

worth a try!!!

cheers
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 07:23:15 pm »
... unless you have to pass through that 'fur-ball' of AI aircraft which AIsmooth creates to get to your runway while on approach!!

Had it once approaching KATL where a jumble of some 30 AI aircraft must have thought i was the enemy (which in a sence i was: switched of the AI aircraft :P ) and kept coming at me like idiots.

None-the-less, AIsmooth MIGHT eleviate part of your problem. Try it and see... (it can be downloaded from Avsim.com for sure)

Andrew mentioned the upcoming ProFlight atc emulator. Ok, haven't seen the new version, but used the old one under FS2000 (i believe...) Was pretty legendary in those days. However, what ProFlight did not do is talk with AI planes. When it was not talking to you it started playing random pre-recorded atc chatter. So it could well be you are flying somewhere over Australia, when you hear an Danish ATR get landing clearance... Now if that isn't a worldrecord for long distance, i don't know! ;D

Agree, MS ATC sucks big time. I am using RadarContact as ATC program. Has all the (IFR-)possibilities you could want, and more! Check it out on: http://www.jdtllc.com

Instead of FSnavigator (which has the disadvantage it can not be accessed without FS running), perhaps you can also have a look at FScommander? Does basically what FSnavigator does, but stand-alone. Check it on: http://www.fscommander.com

For more advanced features i recommend FSbuild (my planner of choice. http://www.fsbuild.com), but suppose when you have not yet used any flightplanner beside the (very limited!) FS one, FSbuilt could be a bit(!) overpowering...

Am sure you will work it all out in the end. Just keep on flying! ;D

Have fun!
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:31:50 pm »
It happened to me as well that some 30 planes wanted to place bombs on my back while sitting for takeoff in Seattle. But next time I realized this bug, I started AIsmooth, and the planes were spread out like the scared birds :P