Author Topic: 747 flights again i am afraid!  (Read 3371 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
747 flights again i am afraid!
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:30:15 pm »
Chaps
We REALLY do need some shorter flights for both the Euroharmony and Eurocargo 747s.Yes i know that there are some 9000 series flights,but i would like to be flying the new cargo 747s on proper (shorter routes).I never speed up flights so these marathon distance hauls are impractical for me (except for  VERY rare occasions)
My new cargo 747s are gathering dust in the hangers.Those fine new liveries are beginning to fade,pilots are having to sign on for job seekers allowance and income support.
Please some shorter flights.
Thanks Andy

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:35 pm »
Andy,

We will take your comments on board but at this time we have no plans to alter the schedule further at least not in the near future. The only schedule concerns I am concentrating on right now is ensuring that distances and airports are compatible with our fleet and schedule. The Maintenance flights were introduced as a "compromise" and will remain the only short class 7 flights we offer at this time. When the schedule gets a major update, we will look at real world operations and see if this sort of flight will fit in to our schedule.

Thank you,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:11:57 pm »
I thought that there was a debate about this somewhere else?

I think the conclusion was c6 and c7 are really the 747 flights, MAYBE the longer c5 flights

however, the timetable got changed as there were some ridiculous 200nm c7 flights.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:43 am »
Thanks Phil
I realize these things take somebody's time and effort,but thanks for your reply.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:34:53 pm »
Okay Phil, I understand your intentions and all the efforts you put into most realistic schedule of flights, but I understand Andrew too. Let's compromise here for a while and allow all pilots with the proper rank to use 747 Cargo aircraft for all regular passenger routes, starting from C5 up to C7 under two conditions:
a. The distance must be at least 500Nm
b. If in timetable for Cargo flights is the flight between two wanted cities scheduled already, you must use this one ( flight number ), instead of one scheduled in passenger timetable.

If this would be accepted and permitted, all HM would then accept all such Pireps, and let them pass.

Again, this would be only a temporarily solution.

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:05 pm »
Peter,

We will add this to the development list for discussion.... AGAIN!!!

Thanks
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything