Author Topic: Virtual Salaries - A suggestion  (Read 4118 times)

EHM-2194 Vlad

Virtual Salaries - A suggestion
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:51:35 am »
Hey guys I was just wondering how would it sound if we all had  "virtual salaries" based on rank hours flown and type of aircraft flown? And then with the virtual money we might be able to buy some cool things like special airplane repaints or other things. And when we crash we can pay in damages! Just an idea...

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:24:49 am »
hi neon!

the new ProPilot FAC is sort of a salary actually ;D  just that you can't buy repaints or anything else :] the MT is going to better the FAC system in the future so stay tuned ;D

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 01:28:16 pm »
Maybe after a PP flight we can see how much EHM earnt for the flight....something like:

number of passengers x cost of a ticket - fuel cost (ouch :%) - airport and mainteinance costs - crew salaries

Maybe the cost of the ticket can be replaced by the GCD value :|
Just another idea ;D

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 03:24:07 pm »
That's certainly an interesting idea and something similar has been considered before ;)

At the moment though all the MT are quite busy with other projects to make sure you have lots of options at this VA but we are always glad to receive suggestions for the future, thanks ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:53:17 pm »
Hey nice idea ...

One of my wish list to the Virtual Salaries that we can earn. You can redeem it against Bonus Hours. Something like at figure xxxxx, you will get 10 Bonus hours!! And once redeemed, that amount will be deducted from your Salary received!!! :]
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:35:20 am »
Hi,

The virtual salary is something that already crossed our minds ;) ...

The problem is that we need to make a great and fair algorithm to calculate it on a decent way ...

So, maybe next year we can think about it for ProPilot v2 :)

Regards,

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:53:44 pm »
Hi Bruno,

As I was reading thru your reply, your view - "maybe next year we can think about it for ProPilot v2" is an excellent idea. So this virtual salary should be given only to those who fly using PP. And depending on the points you earn there, or rather for not making mistakes and getting fined you can allocate salary. Something like miles flown * (salary component based on rank)
So FC can have something like .2, the next .4, ... CC around 1 etc. Any penalty that you make will have at FC penalty * .2 amount deducted from the final amount payable. I think a good model to look at is the FS Passenger model.
Vincent,
Bangalore

EHM-2204 Dmitri

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 08:27:30 am »
Not a bad idea. Unfortunately after my diversion the other day I have a HUGE negative FAC, so it might even mean that I pay EHM to fly ;D

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 06:57:54 am »
Lol .... I guess in that case I will also need to join you in paying EHM as I also have a huge negative deficit. I guess we can apply for a loan from EHM in that case ;) for which we will fly without salaries, as they will be filling up against our loan!!!
Vincent,
Bangalore