Author Topic: Malfunction with A330 in connection with Windows Vista  (Read 3479 times)

EHM-1805 Stefan

Malfunction with A330 in connection with Windows Vista
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:31:11 pm »
Hello everybody,

Actually I use FS9 for all EHM-flights. I changed to Windows VISTA recently.

Now I tried to install the A330-300 of the Euroharmony fleet. The installation process worked properly.....but when I try to use the aircraft in the simulator, I get the message "FS couldn't load some aircraft and software. You can still use FS, the aircraft will be disabled. File: GAUGES\A330.GAU"
Maybe somebody had the same problem and can give me some advice to fix the problem ;-)
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
Stefan

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:32:33 pm »
This is a common error message if you have different version of softwares... like FS2002 panel under FS2004, or a WinXP optimized gauge under Vista ;)

Try to ignore the message, and FS will make a note for that gauge and will not ask it again. If you can run without ptoblems then you are lucky. If the game will crash, then you may need to install a different panel.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1805 Stefan

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:03 pm »
Hi Robert,

thanks for your advice!
After confirming the error message with "OK" for several times, the simulator starts properly.
But: I can only see the frames of the panel. All displays remain black. So you can say, that the panel doesn't work at all.
You suggested to install a different panel. Where can I get such a different, VISTA proofed, panel?
Kind regards,
Stefan

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:02:39 pm »
I am running Vista with FSX though so of course I am using the default Airbus panel that comes with FSX.....

There must be a way around the VISTA issue as the OS should not have a problem with XP DLL's although I expect it would probably mean turning of UAC (User Access Control) which is a security feature of VISTA. You can try that!!!

Disable UAC instructions
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1805 Stefan

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »
Hi Philip,
I already switched of UAC. I needed to do so in order to be able to start flight logger.
Shall I try to use the aircraft only in FSX? Can I use the same installation file for FSX? Or do I need to download another file for that?
Kind regards,
Stefan

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:18 pm »
Hi Stefan,

I found A330 did port over from FS2004 to FSX but the handling is a little out and some of the textures are messed up if you have SP2 installed. Sorry.

Going back to the FS9 on Vista issue.... Have you tried running in XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode..... If you go to your root FS folder and right click on FS9.exe and select properties, under the "Compatibility" tab select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP SP2 from the drop down you might also try running this program as administrator if you are not already doing so already....

Let me know how you get on with that.

Cheers,
Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything