Author Topic: Flight Logger Problems  (Read 3430 times)

EHM-1724 Andre

Flight Logger Problems
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »
Hello Guys

I have search the Forum for this Theme, but i dont have recieved my answer. Can you help me please...

I have instralled the Flightlogger (the actually Version) but i become a error Message

"Cannot intiale Data bindings"

and the next is

"Runtime Error "9"

I have installed the msstdfmt.dll in the folder of the Flightlogger and also in the system 32 folder. but is no working on my system

I use Windows Xp with 1Gb Ram and a Athlon Xp 2400+ Processor

Many thansk to all answer

Best Regards

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Logger Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »
Try registering the other DLL...

MSSTDFMT.DLL

Previous post here:
http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2489#pid18998

Let us know if that does not help.

Cheers,
Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1724 Andre

Flight Logger Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54:20 am »
Thanks now the Logger is working

Best Regards

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Logger Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:41:15 pm »
Superb, that is great news.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Flight Logger Problems
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:21:53 pm »
I have a lot of problems with it usually. Can't wait for an updated version :)

The ACARS shows a bad TOC, the TOC is shown in the ACARS just a few minutes after takeoff. I always set my TOC altitude before takeoff.

On a recent flight I made sure to turn on the landing lights (DASH 8) when I was lined up on the rwy before setting the throttles and a few minutes after being airborne I got a penalty for landing lights. Hum...

If my eyes weren't this tired (can barely stand an hour or two in front of a monitor) I would have liked to program such a beast. Several months ago I did a black box thingy in .NET but did not have time to implement the whole thing.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Logger Problems
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:40:16 pm »
Didimo,

The new flogger is in development but is still a long way off so don't go hold your breath waiting for it. (You will not be able o hold it long enough) Now, we have this forum exchange on a weekly basis now and it is getting a little tedious and I really would like to put it behind us....

As you pointed out above, you did not have time to implement your "black box thingy".... Giving time freely to develop this program for all of our pilots enjoyment is something our developers are willing to do but please do not try hurry them or put pressure on the project as it will probably have the opposite effect and will more than likely delay things as nobody likes to be told what to do with their free time!!!!

If you have any comments about the flogger that you have not already made abundantly clear, please feel free to email me or Bruno personally but this weekly lambasting of the old flight logger and badgering for the new one is not constructive for us, you or the other pilots. We all know the limitations of the flight logger and most of us live within those limitations quite happily. It has been pointed out before, you are MORE than welcome to file your PIREPS manually if you have too much trouble with the flight logger.

The email addresses you will need are philip@fly-euroharmony.com and bruno@fly-euroharmony.com

Please, can we put this to bed now???? Thank you.

Regards,

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703