Author Topic: New EuroBusiness Missions released!  (Read 2634 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
New EuroBusiness Missions released!
« on: February 10, 2008, 03:40:52 am »
Now that the new fleet is here we are happy to release the latest set of special missions for this Division :P

There are some real challenges amongst them but the reputation of EuroBusiness is depending on you !

Our richest and most powerful clients are waiting - get to your cockpits, Captains... ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:02:41 pm »
I did not complete the whole set (yet) but I was particularly impressed by the low-visibility approach to SEQU, with FS AI ATC.

Now I had some bad experience, in the past, with AI ATC in mountain areas, when the "AI" repeatedly tried to convince me to descend and turn into a hill (and of course, as soon as I cleared that hill, he declared my approach as missed ;D ).

But none of these occured at SEQU. I could not see obstacles ahead but I was looking at the terrain displayed on the GPS. And sure enough, every time I got close to a hill, the AI instructed me to turn.

I even got a bonus because, having missed my first approach (failed to properly disconnect the autopilot on finals :$ ) I had to do the whole pattern once more.

Only once I received a wrong turn indication, which would lead my nose into a hill, but a small "interpretation adjustment" was enough to clear it, and afterwards the AI kept issuing sensible instructions until established.

This was one piece of thrilling approach!

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 01:30:45 pm »
I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed that approach so much Andrei - the Missions are designed to be that much more demanding than 'normal' flights! And some of these mountain approaches really do test you (and the AI Controllers!!) ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything