Author Topic: Best commercial package add-on aircraft  (Read 6851 times)

EHM-1199 Philip

Best commercial package add-on aircraft
« on: March 15, 2004, 03:52:28 pm »
In the absence of EHM I am flying mainly the included aircraft as I have not yet installed many add-ons having upgraded to a new PC. So, if I was going to invest in commercial add-on aircraft and I am thinking general aviation or turbo props ideally, what packages would people recommend?
I am quite drawn to the PSS Dash 8 but would like a bit of opinion sharing on this and also any general aviation packages.
If there are really superb freeware packages that people fly regularly and come with decent panels and sounds as well as pretty aircraft I guess poointers there would be good too.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:10:05 pm »
I recently found a cracking freeware addon. It is called a Maule-7260. If you download it thank the P.C pilot mag not me. Its a beasty download at 60+mB but well worth it. If you have not heard of a maule, they are a STOL prop that can opperate anywhere, from mud to snow, (apparently)
Another great package I would recommend is the Lago twin Otter.
Its all I can think of

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 12:13:45 am »
Have you got a link for the Maule?

EHM-0813 Guillermo

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 03:39:41 pm »
I personally hate payware. No matter how stunning the aircraft are, most of the time it's a bunch of crap, very framerate unfriendly and often overpriced. I went there once, but never twice.

Now the freeware world is very big, and there's some pretty good stuff in there! Project Fokker, iFDG, SGA, Dreamwings and POSKY are all in my list of favorites, though PF is a bit quiet these days...

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 05:05:23 pm »
You can get it from fs nordic or flightsim.com. Just type in Maule. I well recomend it.

Do you know whathappened to PF. i head they were realeasing V2 but they seemed to dissapear of da face of de Earth. From the Screenshots they previewed itlooked good

Another good freeware package is the ARNZ Metroliner from the ARNZ website. Dont know the URL
Mabey someone could post it

EHM-0813 Guillermo

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 06:26:25 pm »
http://arnz.myhost.co.nz/

Good thing there's a Fleet Manager, eh? :8

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 07:13:05 pm »
Originally posted by Gizmo2k4
I personally hate payware. No matter how stunning the aircraft are, most of the time it's a bunch of crap, very framerate unfriendly and often overpriced. I went there once, but never twice.

Now the freeware world is very big, and there's some pretty good stuff in there! Project Fokker, iFDG, SGA, Dreamwings and POSKY are all in my list of favorites, though PF is a bit quiet these days...

I have been tempted to download on my previous system stacks of aircraft from flightsim.com and most were very poor. If you were lucky the external looks were OK but the panels were usually poor and the few that came as packages were not too great. Often the 'feel' of the plane is inherently wrong which leaves me feeling that commercial that has had money spent on researching the flight characteristics and testing prior to release may be a better option. I'll let you know how I get on and if I find any decent payware aircraft I will report back.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 08:01:03 pm »
I bought the dreamfleat 734 for my fs2004 about a year ago and i am still regreting it to this day
I much prefer freeware because you get way more framerates and they don't cost, what more could you ask for
Mejet also make some quality models

EHM-1034 Kris

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 12:21:15 am »
I personally never bought any payware planes, but I did buy the LAGO Punta Cana Scenery, and  I liked it very much. The framerates are ok. And it looks great.
I never thought about buying payware aircraft, but after this I think, I will certainly buy some other payware sceneries, if there isn't a good freeware package that is, ;)

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 01:32:56 am »
That reminds me.....Meljet seems to have disappeared or something, their website have been replaced by a search engine and domain seller or something.......and it says the site is under construction but personally i don't believe that.......what do you guys think?

(sorry for veering slightly off-topic)
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 08:01:25 am »
I'm not really bothered about the website because the planes that he released are just spectacular. I think that all of his Jets are on the AVSIM site.
Oh yeah and do you know when POSKY will release the CRJ900 and the A343

EHM-1201 Scott

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 01:58:04 pm »
I love the iFDG planes. Lately on simviation they uploaded a ton of new iFDG planes and I love them! Their framerate friendly and they look great! You need to download the virtual cockpit to get the full effect.

I don't have that much experience with MelJet. Maybe I'll have to get some of those jets.

About the payware-- They are way overpriced and its true about the framerate drop. Planes cause it to drop a lot but airports is a whole new league in framerate destruction! Probably the best airport I've bought was Emma Field by Lago. Very framerate friendly. I stopped buying payware after the first three or so.

EHM-0813 Guillermo

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 03:20:41 pm »
The A320 is not framerate friendly.. or at least, it isn't on my comp ;)

@ EHM-0962: From what I've heard, Meljet is releasing their new website along with the new version of the 777 soon.

EHM-1328 Willem

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 08:17:49 pm »
From PMDG:  http://www.precisionmanuals.com/

737NG  600 and 700 – Gmax  very accurat models, different cockpits, FMC.
the best aircraft on this moment, I use mostly the 737-600.
Download  $ 39.95,  fs2002 en fs9
Expect  800 and 900 models.
Framerates in fs9 all  options on/100% depending on weather 15-55

Beechraft Express 1900D  Gmax model , virtual en 2D panels,
very nice to fly with. Its one of my favorits.
Downlaod $14,95  , fs2002pro,fs9
Framerates in fs9 all  options on/100% depending on weather 20-55

737NG  many different models and liverys,  cheap, € 18,50  

From  : Perfectflight    http://www.fs2000.org/
Learjet -60
Very detailt aircraft with a beautyfull panel., Flying is oke but landing hard.
Download:  €24,= ,  fs2002pro,fs2004
Framerates in fs9 all  options on/100% depending on weather 20-55

From Wilco:
A320PIC
Nice aircracft  but if you don’t have a very fast pc don’t  buy.
Only Virtual cockpit, I don’t like the interface they must learn from PMDG or PSS.
Download: € 39,95 , fs2002pro,fs2004
Framerates in fs9 all  options on/100% depending on weather 1-11

From: Phoenix  (PSS)  http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk
Airbus  319,320,321, Gmax model, FMC,
Download: € 22,05  , fs2002, update fs9, basepack  
Framerates in fs9 all  options on/100% depending on weather 15-35

PSS Dash 8-300, Gmax model,  very nice model with lot of options.
Download: € 22,05  , fs2002

Xplane.  Flightsimulator.  A320  , flight model/panels/interface the best there is,
but, scenerys and details are bad.  PC and MAC.

All above are payware, but there are lots FREE-ware and good aircraft ,
I tried IFDG but poor frame rates.
Project Fokker it’s a beauty, but for fs9 update is poor.
!!!!!!!  And there is the EUROHARMONY fleet,  !!!!!!
I used frequently 737-800  and  Fokker F-100.

And remember that there is no virtual airline with so many choices in aircraft  as EUROHARMONY.!

Regards, Willem.

EHM-0813 Guillermo

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 10:21:14 pm »
Ditto, the B738 was/is my aircraft of choice in EHM

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004, 10:42:08 am »
Willem - that was a really useful reply and a great collection of links. I am very tempted by the PSS Dash 8 as this is what flies mainly from my local airport.

Also the idea of a decent Beech sits nicely.

I'll see how the Paypal funds build up through Ebay and make a choice or two in the next few weeks. Mind, with EHM up and running on Wednesday and the need to rise through the rankings again I may not have much time :)

Phil