Author Topic: Back from my trip, grand canyon, ecuador flight  (Read 2872 times)

EHM-0744 Alex

Back from my trip, grand canyon, ecuador flight
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:13:22 pm »
Hey evreyone,

Maybe you have noticed I havent been posting for about two weeks. This is because I have been on vacation around the U.S., west coast. I visited the grand canyon and rode over it in a helicopter, anybody that has the oportunity to do so, do it, you wont regret it, it is spectacular, maybe I can gets some pics on this thread later when I have got them onto the computer.

On my way back from Phoenix to Madrid, I was intented for a Phoenix - Dallas - Miami - Madrid set of flights, all with American Airlines, however I did not have a lucky day, the MD-80 at Phoenix had some oxygen tank problems, solution; join to flights to dallas in a 757. We arrived at Dallas moments before the 757 to Miami took off, in fact, it was already taxing, but had to return also because of problems with the doors, so we got on. After 78 min. on the ground at DFW, we got on our way, there were about 20 passengers with a connection to Madrid on that flight, they left moments after we arrived and blamed the weather for the time problem, we finaly called DFW and confirmed that it was their problem so we got a hotel in Miami, they said that we would take the Miami - San Juan (Puerto Rico) - Madrid flight the next day, but changed it last minute to a direct to Madrid flight. The flight was in a marvelous new 767-300, very nice interior. We arrived to Madrid, and one bag came out on the direct flight and the other on the San Juan flight b/c they didnt change the bag, amazing, just amazing.

I was looking for an EHM flight to Ecuador, I havent found one, a flight to Quito with a stopover at Miami would be extremely realistic.

Anyway, good to be back.

Cheers,

Alex;)

P.S. Sorry for the long post, it was longer for me, believe it.:)

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:13:50 pm »
Sounds like an exciting trip.... I have always wanted to goto the Grand Canyon and muich of Arizona.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 03:48:47 pm »
Nice to see you back. And lucky you! ;D

I see you didnt get cought up in hurricane Francis.

Oh and this is kinda off topic. But if ou fly out of TNCM, the idea is to have low fuel and land in the dominican republic. Cos that runway is dam small and im sure no one want to get caught up in that. And to make it worse theres some really steep hills.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 05:55:42 am »
Sounds like a great holiday! ;D

Hmm.....turning back when taxiing.....would be a nice option to have in FS :P
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

anything