Author Topic: Freeware Flight Dispatch software  (Read 6048 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Freeware Flight Dispatch software
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »
After seeing a link at Avsim, I've been checking out a freeware program called "Virtual Dispatch" which can be downloaded from THIS WEBSITE and which allows you to easily create realistic flightplans with weather and airport briefings and then export the created flightplan etc. It's a public beta at this time so not all planned features are available but for those who like realism when planning their flights, I'd say this is a real winner.

I've done a few screen captures below so you can see what I mean, it's customizable for your airline so in our case it took me about 5 minutes to create an EHM icon that appears on the flightplans and also you can create EuroHarmony VA as your company and save it so you don't have to re-enter the relevant fields every flight.

There are also links to route planning sites such as my own favourite, RouteFinder so that you can create your routing nice and easily.

All in all, one that I think will please almost anybody who hasn't already bought a flight planning utility ;)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:45:31 pm by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: Freeware Flight Dispatch software
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:00:38 am »
Nice bit of software by the looks of it Dom. Just DLed and installed it on my Netbook, but doesn't quite fit on the screen (might have to mention it on his forum). Does the company editor work for you? I get an "Operation must use an updateable query." any time I try to save a change (new or edit)...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 03:15:21 pm »
No problems at all here - I just created EuroHarmony VA with the relevant entries for callsign etc and saved it ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:12:52 am »
Nothing specifically on his forum about this, but a wider Google search found other forums (ASP.NET programming, mostly) suggesting that this error almost always relates to permissions on the database file in question. Changed it to be "Run as Administrator" (ah, the blessings of Win7...) and all is well now. Time for me to tweak the American Airlines template I DLed to be EuroHarmony methinks.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything