Author Topic: 2010-10-27 FLv4 "Test PIREP" button - UPDATED  (Read 4416 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
2010-10-27 FLv4 "Test PIREP" button - UPDATED
« on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »
To begin with, here's Andrei's original post:

Hi all,

I realize now that I forgot to disable a function named "Test PIREP" in the software released as public beta. Pilots are kindly asked NOT to use this function (which Murray and I needed during development) as this only submits a PIREP of MINE. This is undoubtely the reason why tonight the whole "Latest flights" was me, me and me again.

As a side effect, this also makes me on travel mode at LROP (which is wrong, I actually live there all the time :) ). So again, please don't...

And for conspiracy theorists, yes, this was indeed my (no longer) secret plan to get myself up the ProPilot top ten list. I knew there was someone out there, who would push THAT button. Repeatedly. And bwa-ha-ha, of course.

Andrei

By way of an update, we've done some work server-side and have put in place a blackhole for the PIREP that Test PIREP sends. At some point in the near future, we'll also clean out all the mis-sent test PIREPs (29 when the blocker went live ;D) and correct the remaining issues within the database.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON