Author Topic: Let's fly WILD  (Read 3900 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Let's fly WILD
« on: December 17, 2010, 09:28:07 am »
Hi all,

I thought I would open up a thread for like-minded pilots that are up for a little bush flying, so we can co-ordinate our planned flights up front and maybe meet "in the air".

The idea is that anybody thinking of flying online in or out of Castlegar (or any of the other WILD Division flights) post his/her intentions here, so others can decide if they want to join.
Please respond to any invitation you think of joining, so that even others may be tempted to add even more fun to the group!

If you plan to fly a WILD Division flight on line, and would like some company, please provide the following details:
- Departure Airport ICAO
- Destination Airport ICAO
- Date of Flight DoF
- Zulu time of planned appearance on the apron
- Online network
- Aircraft type
- Any other info that might be of interest (route, IFR/VFR, that sort of thing)

I put in the "planned time on apron" because that's where we would meet, and probably take off 15 minutes to 1/2 hour later. That gives some time for coordinating flight plans after we initially meet.
Also, the aircraft type is of importance, because of the different cruising speeds ;)

So, let's see where this leads us...
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Let's fly WILD
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:40:33 am »
To kick this off: I plan to fly

CYYC (Calgary) - CYCG (Castlegar) on
Monday 19 December 2010
2000Z on apron
on IVAO
with one of the three B1900D's parked out there

Depending on the weather I would prefer to fly VFR, otherwise the IFR route could be
CYYC DCT YYC J505 YXC J500 LOCAN DCT CYCG

This way we have at least 2 B1900s at CYCG, so we can group flight (ProPilot) out of there again in the near future :)

Any takers?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
Re: Let's fly WILD
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:57:46 pm »
Thanks for the initiative E-J. I really like to join you, but I'm not sure about time schedule, I mean could be present, but after family commitments... could be 21Zulu time, nevertheless happy landing ;)

anything