Author Topic: Ooooooppppps  (Read 13738 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Ooooooppppps
« on: November 27, 2004, 11:53:39 am »
Just completed the flight that gets me SCC status (woohoo!); EGLL to EHAM (EHM-5000), but that's not why I posted.

Having submitted my PIREP to IVAO and the Flight Logger, I noticed that the majority of the IVAO PIREPed flight hours for EHM have come from two pilots (I'm one of them...)!

Come on folks, get those PIREPs into IVAO or we'll lose our registration thingy. Gergely has made it clear that we all need to be filing an average of an hour each a week on IVAO... Don't leave it all up to Bruno and me ('cause I for one have a couple of big projects on the go that are keeping me away from flying...)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 12:58:59 pm »
Totally agree, I havent posted anyhting up yet since I just got up and flying yesterday... But I'll try to get some hours onto the IVAO registration thing, oh, by the way do you have to file a PiRep on the EHM website and on the IVAO one, or just on one of them?

Cheers,

Alex;)

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Ooooooppppps
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 01:17:55 pm »
Hey Alex,

Good to hear you have gotten back in the air again. You need to file a PiRep both here and at IVAO, Gergely tells how here http://www.euroharmony.com/~forum/viewthread.php?tid=761

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 09:05:27 pm »
I would love to help and report flights, however since I installed the latest IVAP version 0.32 I have not been able to fly online. Connecting works perfect but as soon as I receive a message ( from atc, unicom, metar or whatever) It crashes with the message "ivap lost connection to the message router. SO until they realease a version that wil work on my computer I'm afraid I'm out of the online flying business for now ( unlessI start using Squawk box again).

EHM-1500 Jim

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 11:39:56 am »
Sorry guys, i have done about 5hrs of EHM flights on IVAO but didn't realise they had a PIREP system as well. Will start from to-day i promise !!!!

EHM-0001 Gergely

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 05:54:30 pm »
You can report there old pireps too (up to 6 months old)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 08:49:19 pm »
This morning I also managed to complete an online flight and reported it. Did not realize however I also had to record the amount of burn fuel mandatory. So just so everyone knows it is not as friendly as out pireps.

Make sure to record TAS, Burnt Fuel, take off time, landing time, alternate airport etc.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Ooooooppppps
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:28:17 am »
Originally posted by cyriel
Make sure to record TAS, Burnt Fuel, take off time, landing time, alternate airport etc.

You can get most of the information required for the IVAO PIREP out of our flight logger, and it saves a lot of writing for our PIREP, just not distance (which is a right pain...) Thankfully, I use a rather good online route planner which includes the route distance (minus any additions for the SID/STAR) and all I do is round it to the nearest nautical mile; you can find it at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0001 Gergely

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 09:11:00 am »
One request... if you submit the pirep on the IVAO site, enter the callsign you used online to fly the flight! Not your EHM ID!

EHM-0744 Alex

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 10:34:05 am »
Yea, I had quite some doubts about using the flight Callsign or my callsign the first time...:)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 11:05:14 am »
I always use my ehm ID as my callsign. I expected everybody did but appearently I was wrong. Yesterday I was able again to complete a flight online. I saw we already have 40 online hours reported yesterday.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Ooooooppppps
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 11:44:42 am »
Hi,

I really like to see topics like this on our VA.
It really touches me when I see people making efforts on making our VA even all-day even better.

Yesterday I made another flight online. I will report it today.

Regards,

EHM-0744 Alex

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 03:57:53 pm »
Yep, people have really started to fly online more than before... including me! I fly online much more now than before.:)

Cheers,

Alex;)

EHM-0641 Rico

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 10:53:43 pm »
513 pilots and ATC online today !!!

Anonymous

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:20 am »
The record was 719 last Tuesday... :)

EHM-1500 Jim

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 07:28:39 am »
Dear all, as you may have noticed i have finally got round to logging my euroharmony flights on the IVAO Pireps. However, looking at the number of pilots who signed up there still seems to be alot of people who are not logging their flights separately with the IVAO Pirep. It would be a real shame if we loose are IVAO status especially if people are doing the flights but not logging them. Sorry to sound like an old woman (no offence Jen, LOL) but feel kind of strong about this. Jim

EHM-0744 Alex

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 10:31:13 am »
Jim I think the hour or 2 hours we had to log every week are easy to achieve, I dont think that there is any possibility of them removing us.

EHM-1538 Jen

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 03:05:14 pm »
LOL Jim... no offence taken.

I guess I need to get over my anxiety of making a mistake online (that keeps me from trying IVAO) and jump in.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Ooooooppppps
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 03:35:26 pm »
Jen,

We (Management) are very sensible to you problem.

Soon we will start a training program to help pilots like you, who are afraid of making a mistake online.
Cyriel is the person responsible to our Online Flying and Traininng Area.

Regards,

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 03:59:48 pm »
and busy with setting up a training flight as we speak. And don't worry about making mistakes. Everyone does (including the ATC self). We try to make it as real as possible but there are limits:P

If you don't want to wait until the training setup is finished check EGLL_APP in the evening's if you see me online. One thing is sure. You do not have to be afraid of me.;D

EHM-0744 Alex

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 04:27:43 pm »
Yep, when I was a begginer pilot I imagined the ATC 's as something comparable to a god, in which you could rely on to get you down safely even if you did everything wrong, them never making mistakes.

A time after, I started as an ATC, and I can tell you, ATC's DO make mistakes, myself as an example.

Cyriel is right, get Servinfo (If you dont already), and you might want to go to the "Selected Details" section, and enter the names of a few EHM members that you have seen/heard of in the forum (for example).

Youll be amazed how if not on the first day, on the second you will see an EHM member controlling somewhere across the world.

Cheers and hope to see you online at any future event!

Alex;)

EHM-1538 Jen

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 07:00:22 pm »
Well, it is good to know that (judging from the results of the poll on the main page) I'm not the only one in this boat!

If anyone needs to find me, I'll be the one immersed in the EHM Online Flying Manual and the IVAO tutorials... LOL.  ;D

Thanks for the encouragement!

EHM-0001 Gergely

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 10:22:37 am »
Hi Jen,

Glad to see that You fly online. Be sure to visit LHBP, I often control there. :)

Gergely

EHM-1538 Jen

Ooooooppppps
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 04:12:11 pm »
Thanks Gergely... I decided to make my first run at using IvAp in the wee hours of the morning and in an uncontrolled area... but it's a step in the right direction.  ;D

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Ooooooppppps
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 04:27:26 pm »
Originally posted by Jen
Thanks Gergely... I decided to make my first run at using IvAp in the wee hours of the morning and in an uncontrolled area... but it's a step in the right direction.  ;D

Not trying to be off putting here. But EHAM is a nasty place to fly online. :] Honestly, it can get very busy, and they normally like you to get the addon for the new runway. I didnt do that. :$

anything