Author Topic: Online Training sessions: Discussion area.  (Read 8623 times)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Online Training sessions: Discussion area.
« on: January 12, 2005, 04:19:27 pm »
Cos there was none, I tough I would make one. :]
==================================

I like how its at Manchester!

But is the flightplan for a round trip and return and EGCC?

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 04:21:21 pm »
You mean people! lol

I cant do any ATC!!! YOu stole in :'(

Oh well. I'll do Liverpool.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
You can have all the information on the VFA page (goto to Divisions -> Virtual Flight Academy -> Online Trainings) ...

and yes, it is a SID and STAR on the same airport ..

So, people, move slowly ;) ... hehehehe ...

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:43:17 pm »
Which people are doing ATC? If theres a vacant I'll come in (If thats Ok with you guys of course). Or if not I'll... fly or something... lol, the 26th is my last day of exams so I'll have free time.:8:8:8

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 08:36:08 pm »
I hope to have all ATC needed at this moment. I still have a vacany on GND I think. Just make sure you are at least online that evening so you are available if we need more ATC.

I also am intrested in how many people will actually attend the training. So if you plan to fly please post it here. First timers are more then welcome. If you do not understand what to do. No problem. There will be many people to help you.

If you are having problems getting connected at all also please post it here and we will try out best to help you!

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 08:47:56 pm »
OK Cyriel no prob, i'll be online;)

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 01:52:20 pm »
I'll definately be there Cyriel to try and fine tune my skills.....in the ad it says to use a class1-4 aircraft, any chance of me using the PMDG 737-600 with Euroharmony repaint so i can try and get to grips with the FMC?? If not then i'll fly the CRJ....Cheers, Jim

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 03:24:11 pm »
I also try to be there. It was a very long time since I flew on-line and the technology became better, so I am sure it will be even more fun.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 04:34:13 pm »
As you can see in today's anouncement we have a special repaint of a Fokker 70 available for this training. The suggestion is to use that one.

Offline EHM-0990 Dick

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 04:35:43 pm »
helpless and hopeless.

after long hesitating I decided to overcome all my fears for making errors and a fool of myself and started to prepare my computer and myself for one-lineflying.
First i changed to a faster and better internet conection, then i read the on-line storys and manual and downlaoded the needed programs and files.
the first problem was how to choose between servinfo and whazzup when
i dont know what they suppost to do for me.
but OK, the downlaoding of the programs and files was no problem, easy to find and to understand.
Then i registered to IVAO also whitout a problem  ( nice guys and quick respons).
Then my broblems started because after installing everything, the ivap program whould not give my any reaction, HostSB gave my a blank white field, ( what am i suppost to do whit that ??) and after starting Squawkbox
my computer stopped FS 2002 and refused to start again because there should be two FSUIPC.dll files in my modules map.
I could only find one FSUIPC.dll file of course. You never find two equal named files in one map!!.  and I was allso not able to remove the one file FSUIPC i could find.
after long trying i had to reinstall my FS 2002 twice to get it working again,
did find a old FSUIPC file to get the flightlogger working, and it took me a long time to find my settings back.  Because after my FS runs for a year whitout any problem i forgot the settings.

So i am back flying off-line  and i am verry soory but gave in on the on-line flying.   Much fun on the 26 and happy landings.

Dick de Boer.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 04:42:55 pm »
Cyriel, i read the announcement and hence why i asked the question. If you want us all to use the Fokker 70 then that is more than OK...i just wanted to know if i could use the 737-600 or not.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 04:48:30 pm »
Flyboer, sorry you are having so much trouble. I use Fs2004 so dont know if what i am about to say holds true for FS2002?? Firstly, if you are using the IVaP software from IVAO then you dont need to use HostSB or squawkbox cos IVaP does it for you (very nice programme). In FS2004 the multiplayer sets its self up automatically but in FS2002 i think you have to set it up your self via the multiplayer link with in FS2002. The ivAp software has a fairly good manual with it that explains what you need and what to do and certainly taught me alot. Hope this helps, Jim
ps Servinfo allows you to look at the whole IVAO network to find out which air traffic centres and airports are being manned(ie have on-line ATC) and hence you can choose a flight which takes you to and from areas with ATC, otherwise it can be a pretty boring flight!!!)

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 09:31:19 am »
Hi flyboer,

For IVAO, You don't need to install squawkbox, hostsb, fsuipc or sbrelay. You have to install IvAp and the MTL package available at www.ivao.org/softdev. Also You need TamSpeak from goteamspeak.org.

Then start FS2002. A new menu item appeared, IVAO > IvAp. If You click on it, the IvAp window should appear and status lights turn green.

Then click on Flights > Multiplayer > Connect and join to the IvAp session.

That's all. Now, in IvAp, select MAIN > ACARS > SEND FLIGHTPLAN, and create your flight plan. Then click on Connect, and connect to the network. Resend the flight plan using the same method and You are ready to fly. :)

Gergely

Offline EHM-0990 Dick

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 01:01:47 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Gergely,

I will try again and maybe i manage to join you on the 26 .

Dick de Flyboer

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 09:48:36 pm »
Wow! It was very fun with lots of ATC positions available! Although it seems most of us were late because of the CET and not ZULU time, but we were some there :)

I many cases forgot the correct sentences, what to say/reply for ATC, but they were very kind and I learned a lot. ;)

Thanks for the opportunity.

Oh, and TS site moved to goteamspeak.com instead of org.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 10:17:01 am »
Hi,

I took some photos. I will publish them on our site.

Unfortunately I started the training flight but at the middle i got some autopilot problems due to some mis-funcionality of the cockpit and to get it worse i got disconnected from internet :( ....

Regards and i think that we can start thinking of the online shuttle flights again ;) ... hehehehe and some more Fly In's !

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 12:22:32 pm »
I didnt realise in CET either and so took off with ATC at 20:45 UK time, flew the route and came back to a dark and silent airfield!!! My fault though so cant complain...good ATC on departure though and it was good to hand fly a SID rather than using FSNavigator for once....well done and thanks to all involved, Jim

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 01:42:08 pm »
For a First training event it was rather sucessfull I think. Although I was late myself due to issues at work I still managed to do some controlling as EGCC_GND. I am planning to do this again however and hope to attract more pilots nex time. The ATC from the GB division were also quite happy with the evening I would like to thank them very much too.

For next time I plan to have a training session suitable for beginners and more experienced ATC. Preliminary to that I already would like to ask eveyone what they would be intrested in to see in a training. E.G. flying holds, SId's, Star's. VOR navigation etc.. for the more advanced pilots. For beginners I can think about flying simple IFR circuits around the airport. Just let me know and I will start working on the next training. If anyone has pictures from yesterday's training please send them to cyriel@euroharmony.com

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 02:09:03 pm »
Cyriel, pass on my thanks to the ATC folk as well. As a reasonably experienced on-line pilot i would certainly like to see some practice with flying holding patterns and maybe even go-arounds as these are things that never seem to happen on-line...maybe because i have not yet flown to an airport with enough traffic to warrant it. Just nice to see a group of us all in the air at the same time and put voices to the names.....Jim

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 08:50:32 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks for coming to the training, it was nice to see so many EHM members online (9 in total, counting the controllers too)...

Look forward for the second training, with holdings, procedure turns, NDBDME approach, circle-to-land etc. :)

Gergely

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 09:40:11 am »
Hi Cyriel.

I took some photos and will send them to you.

Regards,

EHM-1566 Jesper

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2005, 11:46:23 pm »
Originally posted by YR-TGM
Hi all,

Thanks for coming to the training, it was nice to see so many EHM members online (9 in total, counting the controllers too)...

Look forward for the second training, with holdings, procedure turns, NDBDME approach, circle-to-land etc. :)

Gergely

When will the second training be?

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 06:25:28 pm »
I am thinking of joining EHM.

I would be interested in the VFA Harmony Aeroclub Online Trainings.
On the VFA page it says there would be weekly trainings, but only one has happened so far!

Are there going to be any more online trainings. Or are they happening but just not being posted onto the website.

Thanks

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 06:30:17 pm »
The online trainings will be happening in the near future. Currently we are busy designing the training program. Unfortuantely is is not going as fast as we hoped. They are however still planned!

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 07:13:58 pm »
Cool

Thanks for the really fast response