Author Topic: Online Training sessions: Discussion area.  (Read 8627 times)

Anonymous

Online Training sessions: Discussion area.
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 09:13:14 pm »
im only a tc but i wanna learn how to be a atc, couse there never enogh of em ;)

whats better ivoe or vatsim pls reply soon :)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 09:31:18 pm »
IVAO in my opinion because of the ATC client, also the commintity is more"delicate" towards new members, however i am not ATC so mabey Cyriel or Murray can hep you.

And also register, it's great fun here!;)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 09:56:03 am »
Myself I'm ATC at IVAO. This does not mean however IVAO is better. It is just a matter of personal preference. If you want to be atc the first step is to registr at either IVAO or VATSIM and download the nessecary software (IVAC on IVAO). On the website there are tutorials available to get you started. If yo decide to control in the UK I can help you to get started.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 11:36:22 am »
Originally posted by Anonymous
im only a tc but i wanna learn how to be a atc, couse there never enogh of em ;)

whats better ivoe or vatsim pls reply soon :)

And to add my 2 cents to the pot - you will find it easier to get started on IVAO. VATSIM have a minimum standard that you must reach before you can even be a student controller, IVAO believe in "on the job" training and let you jump right in.

If you are a good English speaker and writer, can I suggest you join IVAO-GB until you get your C1 rating. The GB division has an excellent reputation in regards training controllers (some might even add "still" to that sentence), but otherwise join your local division and seek controller training that way.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 02:51:03 pm »
cheers... i wanna join ivao now i got 2004 :) :) :) (took A WHILE)
also i found the vatsim staff very rude, becase i dident have the chart for egll (oops), one guy had a mad slash at me, told me i shouldent bother flying :)... vatsim now in my never touch again book :) so i got ivao stuff but it seems so much harder to log in :(.
i got the tourel but just tolog in u need to do so much :@, my brain hurts lol

any one got any tips to just a quick sart ! cheers!

liam
ps. how do u get ur bage to work :%;D !

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 11:58:00 pm »
Hi,

You'll probably be told the same by Cyriel and others. I was in your position about six weeks ago and the help I received here was invaluable.
Register with IVAO and receive your ID and password. Download the IVaP client from IVAO and install.
Now, start FS2K4. You should have the IVAP link in your menu bar at the top of the screen. To go online it really is as simple as click the IVaP link, submit the flight plan and then connect with your user ID and password.
Remember when you are online you need to switch all your other traffic off.
Also, do download the Euroharmony guide to online flying in the download section. (Ignore the stuff about what software you need because basically you now only need the IVaP client and servinfo.
Do persist though because the online experience is really worthwhile. I stuck at it despite a couple of knockbacks and the support you will get here is great and the experience overall is superb.

anything