Author Topic: Servinfo  (Read 2627 times)

EHM-1553 Nick

Servinfo
« on: January 22, 2005, 01:27:06 am »
It's been years since I flew online last, so I've pretty much forgotten everything I knew about it. I tried it again for the first time today, and eventually got everything working so that I was connect to VATSIM and managed to fly. But, when I went to look on servinfo for my plane, I got this:

I was actually just sitting on the ground at EGNS, with the squawk code at 1200 etc. When I looked on the map on servinfo, it said I was in the Atlantic ocean, off the coast of Africa. :s

I'm really not sure why that might be, I was thinking maybe I needed to register FSUIPC or somthing, but I'd like some advice from the guys who know what they're doing first ;)

So,  does anyone know why that might happen, or how to solve it?

Cheers!
Nick

EHM-1518 Andreas

Servinfo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:24:18 am »
I don't know if this fits your problem, but german users often had similar problems with directx 9.0 (before c) and using ',' as decimal seperator in the regional options.

Maybe a hint even if you're not from germany.

Andreas

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Servinfo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 11:13:11 am »
It may also be related to Squawkbox or SBrelay problems. If you don't mind flying on Ivao you can try using IVAP as software. The connection procedure is a little bit simpler and more stable.

As you just started online flying again I also would llike to remind you there is an Euroharmony online training event this Wednesday. Maybe you would like to attend. Details can be found on http://www.euroharmony.com/site/events/training.htm

EHM-0001 Gergely

Servinfo
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 09:36:36 am »
It's some firewall problem, SB can't communicate with FS through SBrelay for some reason, and it will send only 0s to the server. The coordinates at that point where your plane is are 0, 0. Also speed 0, altitude 0 etc.