Author Topic: IVAO announces the release of IvAc  (Read 3198 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO announces the release of IvAc
« on: April 03, 2004, 08:44:44 am »
Putting on my IVAO-GB ATC Operations Chief hat for a minute, I'd like to let the VA (especially those of you who are IVAO ATC or are thinking of giving it a go) know that IvAc, the new controllers software for the IVAO network, was released to the public last night...

2004-04-02 20:03Z, IVAO Public Relations Department

"To ALL Members of IVAO

IVAO is pleased to inform you that after many months of beta testing by the Software Development Group and the beta testing team, our new ATC client, nicknamed IvAc, has been released as of April 2, 2004.

This new client software, which is available for download - here - , will be the replacement for ProController. Included with the download is a detailed user's manual with specific information for installation, setup, and dialog box functions.

For more information concerning IvAc, please visit the SD department's webpage, which is accessed from the main IVAO HQ page, and review the list of improvements and enhancements that this new ATC client softwarecontains.

Likewise, for questions concerning IvAc, you can find FAQ sheets, or post any questions that you may have for assistance with this software.

In conclusion, we hope that you will become as excited as the beta testers with the advancements that IvAc brings to ATC flight simulation on the IVAO Network and we look forward to seeing you on-line!

Best Regards,

IVAO Public Relations Department
http://www.ivao.org/publrelat/home.htm"
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 11:06:40 pm »
Does this do the job of Squawk box and Roger Wilco? Having not flown online for some months now I need to get my old passwords from Vatsim and IVAO and give it a whizz.

EHM-1152 Thomas

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 12:18:57 am »
No it does roughly the same job as ProController and ASRC.  It isn't software for pilots it's what ATCs use to control the planes in IVAO.
Hope that helps!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 06:32:53 am »
Originally posted by Plymyphil
Does this do the job of Squawk box and Roger Wilco? Having not flown online for some months now I need to get my old passwords from Vatsim and IVAO and give it a whizz.

Like Tom says, IvAc is the new controllers software (and it's very good...) If anyone out there wants to give ATCing a go, I am happy to recommend you start on IVAO. We have a much more relaxed policy towards students.

The new pilots software, IvAp, is still in closed beta testing (IVAO staff and a small non-staff group at the moment) but it too is looking good and for the most part it's a bucket-load easier to use (especially with FS2004...)

More news as I get it.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything