Author Topic: IVAO-GB is here for you...  (Read 5526 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO-GB is here for you...
« on: February 22, 2004, 11:55:28 am »
This is kinda a general broadcast for all pilots who fly online on iVAO (or who would like to learn...)

IVAO-GB has been putting a great deal of effort into training it's new controllers up to a very high standard (I know, I'm one of the students...) and as such, I would like to issue an invitation to any EHM pilots out there to fly in GB airspace and enjoy the experience.

IVAO-GB operates its online evening every Tuesday after 1900Z, when we do our hardest to have as many major airports open as we can, so (to borrow a phrase) come fly the friendly skies...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0765 Sam

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 08:03:29 pm »
Would be nice if my parents let me on for long enough. never in my 700+ hours done an online flight!!!

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 08:19:22 pm »
im extremely close to getting my "perfect" online flight done, the olny prob I have left are the other planes appearing, I getting voice up once I get a mic.

But its progressing!

Alex;)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:56:22 pm »
Originally posted by Alex
im extremely close to getting my "perfect" online flight done, the olny prob I have left are the other planes appearing, I getting voice up once I get a mic.

But its progressing!

Alex;)

Other planes when flying online is easy, you need the CSL (Common Shapes Library) installed [the CSL Beta works a little better for me], and it can also be helpful to run AI-Bridge [which is available on Peter Dowsons homepage...]
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 08:58:48 pm »
Originally posted by sam_reed
Would be nice if my parents let me on for long enough. never in my 700+ hours done an online flight!!!

Sam, this is why you need to convince them that broadband is "A Good Thing" [TM]... No using up the telephone line when you want to fly...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 08:03:26 am »
What's AI Bridge for?
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 01:38:30 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0962
What's AI Bridge for?

According to the blurb on Peter Dowson's homepage:

"utilises the new feature in FSUIPC to inject Traffic information into the TCAS tables to add Multiplayer aircraft, so that these will show on TCAS radar displays and gauges."
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 02:50:57 pm »
i see.....quite a useful utility it seems
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 06:37:51 pm »
Originally posted by Murray Crane

But its progressing!

Alex;)

Other planes when flying online is easy, you need the CSL (Common Shapes Library) installed [the CSL Beta works a little better for me], and it can also be helpful to run AI-Bridge [which is available on Peter Dowsons homepage...]

I thought that the CSL library came installed when you installed Squakbox, no? I think I downloaded the Zip file but it just contained a file w/ no instructions, so I let it pass.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 08:44:41 pm »
I thought that the CSL library came installed when you installed Squawkbox(sic), no? I think I downloaded the Zip file but it just contained a file w/ no instructions, so I let it pass.

Ish... The last time I installed SB under FS9, the CSL was left out. Basically, you just need to unpack the CSL somewhere, then copy the folder with all the models in it into you Aircraft folder (yes, easy as that...)

The latest beta of the CSL has instructional text on the webpage, and slightly better looking models (great "follow-me" truck).
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 05:35:47 pm »
Thanks;)

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 04:41:30 pm »

But its progressing!

Alex;)

Another reason for not seeing other aircraft is selecting "No Multiplayer" in SB opening screen. For more info check the manuals or ask around, I forgot the exact way to connect correctly beacuse I have been using IvAp Beta for a long time now.