Author Topic: On line adventures  (Read 2209 times)

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
On line adventures
« on: April 26, 2005, 04:51:57 pm »
One more chapter in my online flying life.

I am to think if I will have a special attraction for this kind of
things.

Ivao World VFR Tour - North America - Leg 28 - CYSB(Sudbury) to CYTZ(Toronto Island)
April,25, 1400z

Before CYSB departure i fill my vfr flight plan and read the Servinfo Metar for CYTZ,
winds 23020kts, ceilling 1800ft....
I started my flight and went all the way fighting with strong gusting winds....eheheh
my Beech King Air was like a sheet of paper shaken by the wind.....
Was a C2 controller at CYYZ_APP, the airfield to the side of Toronto Island.
When i entered in his area and after all the usual first procedures,
he says to me "you are NOT allowed to vfr landing at CYTZ"...eheheheheh....i was like a
dumb man..eheheh..I didn't say nothing and start my descend to 2500ft...he cried out
"Who clear you to change your flight level? you only had two options- cancel you vfr
flight plan or chose another place to land...you must plan your flight before the departure,
fliyng vfr is not just eat legs to achieve the badge".....just like this...eheheh
Finally i answer him-"What can i do now? I'm here and i have to land the aircraft or disconnect the simulator and wait untill you go to lunch. And i have to say to you that
when i departed i read the metar info, and the badge is not my first target, my target is meet people like you, who can teach me. So please read the metar and justify why i can't
land vfr"
Some minutes later, the airfield was far behind me...eheheheh, he answer "now is light rain
and ceilling at 1800ft,so you can't do a vfr landing"
I said to him "ok, can i try, at my own risk? because the minimum vfr level is 500ft, more 1000ft untill the ceilling, more the apt elevation 251ft, that 'll be 1751ft"
"No way,change the flight plan to IFR" he says.......eheheheh...
have a special attraction for this things...."All right i go to change it and risk that the
ivao validators, command me to fly this leg again"
After this he guided me to rwy26, with an excellent service, and when i landed and close the flight plan,we spoke more then 45 minutes about virtual flying.

I appreciate comments from the Euroharmony controllers.

The incredible Blah...Blah...

Luis Nunes

EHM-1365 Benjamin

On line adventures
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 06:09:20 pm »
Hi Luis,

After working with them in the past I have noticed that the Canadians are a bit predantic...and do seem to go way over the top. I have to say I got fed up with it and guessed they didn't want my support (and it was really just with that one controller in question :[ ).

However not knowing the specific Canada, I wouldn't like to comment too much, but I personally would have let you land, doesn't seem to be a problem if you were 1000ft below the clouds.